Aldo vs Mcgregor 2

FlyingDeathKick

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Aldo wants to rematch Mcgregor and he's trying to get a fight with Khabib. Beating Khabib would be the smartest and quickest way to get a fight with Mcgregor. It's a much more favorable matchup for Aldo stylistically than Holloway is. Only question is would they let the fw division get held up again? There excuse for taking Mcgregors belt away is that he was away from the division for too long so it would be weird to let Aldo fight at lightweight.

I think he's small enough that Khabib throws him around the cage, but then again Aldo has amazing TD defense.

Aldo might not care to return to FW if he beats Khabib.

Also keep in mind that the only reason Conor was allowed to hold up FW is because he is Dana's cash cow. If Aldo loses to Khabib, there will be no insta-rematch or any other division-stalling bullshit.

If Aldo gets Khabib they'll strip his title, he'll lose to khabib, then go back to 145 to fight Holloway for the belt. But I doubt he gets the Khabib fight; Khabib wants Ferguson then a title shot and the UFC wants to unify the 145 belts.

Aldo will do well againstt khabib...He'll just grab the fence every time he's about to dumped (see mendes)

the UFC wil not let khabib or aldo get close to mcnugget

Aldo or Khabib vs Conor, take my money!!
Would be amazing if Conor vs Aldo II happens at LW for the belt. If Aldo has a dominant performance against someone like Khabib, I see the rematch doing BIG numbers.

I'm a massive Conor fan and I think it's wrong that Aldo has to go up to LW to fight Conor. I reckon after Conor defends his belt at LW he will go back down to take the FW title back, Aldo should just wait it out for Conor to come back down. I don't want to see Aldo fighting at a massive disadvantage.

Aldo will do well againstt khabib...He'll just grab the fence every time he's about to dumped (see mendes)

'Every time' = once in the course of 5+ rounds of fighting vs Mendes, and once in the course of a 28 fight career.

Ever hear 'it's funny because it's true'?

And if Aldo doesn't do the job, Dana's going to have to call in some hitmen to finish off Khabib.

Aldo got taken down by mark hominick several times and i remember aldo having hard time to get back to his feet. Khabib would murk aldo in my opinion.

Aldo got taken down by mark hominick several times and i remember aldo having hard time to get back to his feet. Khabib would murk aldo in my opinion.

What? Took Aldo down once in the 5th round when Aldo was exhausted. IIRC, he was suffering from staph.

Aldo might not care to return to FW if he beats Khabib.

Also keep in mind that the only reason Conor was allowed to hold up FW is because he is Dana's cash cow. If Aldo loses to Khabib, there will be no insta-rematch or any other division-stalling bullshit.
If he stays at lw and they make Holloway the champ... man the fw division is fucked lol. If they just give Holloway the belt he'll be headlining fightpass events. If he beat Aldo and called out Mcgregor then people might be interested. Oh well... Holloway really doesn't have that many people left to beat at fw either. He could fight Edgar and maybe give Cub a rematch the he might as well go up to lw with Aldo and Mcgregor.

And if Aldo doesn't do the job, Dana's going to have to call in some hitmen to finish off Khabib.
That's the whole point. They need someone asap to stop Khabib like they did with Frankie. Aldo seems like the one and only Hitman they seem to trust.

What? Took Aldo down once in the 5th round when Aldo was exhausted. IIRC, he was suffering from staph.

It was such a long time ago since I watched that fight so excuse me for saying several times. If Aldo got exhausted fighting with hominick and got taken down, i wonder what khabib could do to him.

It was such a long time ago since I watched that fight so excuse me for saying several times. If Aldo got exhausted fighting with hominick and got taken down, i wonder what khabib could do to him.
No prob, haven't watched it in a while either but I do remember Aldo being sick before the fight, he was removed from Q/A, was a video of him crying during the weight cut. Hominick 10-8'd him in the 5th round but I think Aldo was done at that point, still displayed some good wrist control on his back.
If Khabib gets him down then he'll do damage no doubt but we've barely seen Aldo off of his back, makes the fight so interesting.

I doubt Khabib would last 3 rounds in the stand up if he cant take him down before Aldo gets exhausted from punching him in the face.

Aldo wants to rematch Mcgregor and he's trying to get a fight with Khabib. Beating Khabib would be the smartest and quickest way to get a fight with Mcgregor. It's a much more favorable matchup for Aldo stylistically than Holloway is. Only question is would they let the fw division get held up again? There excuse for taking Mcgregors belt away is that he was away from the division for too long so it would be weird to let Aldo fight at lightweight.
The FW division is already being held up because the interim champ (a belt that was clearly given as a number one contender belt) is now finding excuses to not get in there with Aldo.

If he stays at lw and they make Holloway the champ... man the fw division is fucked lol. If they just give Holloway the belt he'll be headlining fightpass events. If he beat Aldo and called out Mcgregor then people might be interested. Oh well... Holloway really doesn't have that many people left to beat at fw either. He could fight Edgar and maybe give Cub a rematch the he might as well go up to lw with Aldo and Mcgregor.

Bah.. I think FW will be fine, just like WW was fine after a while, post-GSP. Just look at the FW rankings 2 years ago - divisions move fast and whatever things the fans were obsessed about get forgotten even faster. And if Conor loses his next fight, even if it's at LW, the whole 'true FW king' storyline will crumble.

Another ex: LHW. The forum was obsessed with Jones just 12 months ago, and now... hardly a peep about him.

If Aldo ever fights Khabib, I guarantee you that'll be the most emberrassing moment of his life minus 13-secs.

Back