Aldo v McGregor betting lines

spmn1017

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
saw the story on the front page. one person has aldo at -155 and connor at +155 another has aldo -175 and connor at +145. i know of the hype and all but are the odds keepers in collusion with dana? or are they just that high? if you ask me aldo is at least -400 and mcgregor +500

saw the story on the front page. one person has aldo at -155 and connor at +155 another has aldo -175 and connor at +145. i know of the hype and all but are the odds keepers in collusion with dana? or are they just that high? if you ask me aldo is at least -400 and mcgregor +500

why dont you take advantage of it instead of complaining?

good thing you are not a bookie cause with lines like -400 and +500 you wouldn't last long.

I'll put $4,000 on aldo at -400 to in $1,000
and $900 on Mcgregor at +500 to win $4,500

see what i did there?

Never ever bet. You don't even know who really set the odds. (The bettors). Bookies do not guess the result of a fight, they balance money in against money out.

good thing you are not a bookie cause with lines like -400 and +500 you wouldn't last long.

see what i did there?

$$$$

see what i did there?

well duh bookie still gotta make money im just saying these odds are way too close.

If I did not have a significant other, my house would be on Aldo.
Conor is good but I really doubt he can beat Aldo.
The only problem I can see for Aldo is the reach.
But I am sure the leg kicks will get rid of that problem

The odds will be tighter in many respects than some people think, mainly because Conor is going to attract a lot of action, especially recreational / non-professional money, and no book is going to want that type of exposure with a huge betting line. Think Holmes vs C-o-o-n-e-y (first four letters were being censored).. the line represents more than simply the book feels is going to win or lose, and their respective chances... it is weighted by the $$$ placed behind a fighter, and moves accordingly...

Presumably, the odds are like that due to relatively wealthy Irish Americans.

"Easy money" to be made on Aldo.

complaining haha why dont you just shut up and gtfo if you have nothing to say on the topic.

so here is what i have to say.if you are so sure about mcgrubber then take your tongue out of his ass and balls and go put some money on him.

You have no idea how betting odds work. If I didn't have dubs already I'd say much worse. Just hang your head in shame.

The odds will be tighter in many respects than some people think, mainly because Conor is going to attract a lot of action, especially recreational / non-professional money, and no book is going to want that type of exposure with a huge betting line. Think Holmes vs C-o-o-n-e-y (first four letters were being censored).. the line represents more than simply the book feels is going to win or lose, and their respective chances... it is weighted by the $$$ placed behind a fighter, and moves accordingly...

this

its hilarious how confused sherdog is about something as simple as betting lines. bookies arent trying to gamble. theyre trying to book bets and collect a fee for it. the lines move in order to spread the risk more evenly

when you get popular guys like conor its going to sway the odds

well duh bookie still gotta make money im just saying these odds are way too close.

you "duh'd" me after illustrating you clearly do not understand how bookies work. go back and re-read my example. the bookie would make no money no matter who won the fight whereas me the gambles locked in a profit.

hint: the - always has to be larger than the +

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back