Aldo taking the Conor fight would have been a win-win

120wrestling

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Lets be honest, Aldo is probably never getting a shot at Conor again...Conor's stardom is growing to fast that another fight with Aldo wouldn't be worth the sell when there are more financially intelligent fights to make.

Even if Aldo would have lost to Conor twice, he could have played it smart and create a good fight for a few rounds. Gaining credibility back (credibility from the casuals who think he sucks cause of the 13 second ko). Just a few rounds of a competitive fight could give Jose a case for a 3rd fight stating the first fight was a fluke, the second fight was short notice and showed how good he is, and the 3rd could be his chance.

But than again I am a shertard so fuck me right?

Not really, because if he lost without a proper camp people would think he actually lost both because he is the inferior fighter, not because the stars aligned.

First fight meant nothing, he better fight 100% if he wants to keep his legacy.

Disagree.

I'm sure that loss caused a big dent on his mind.

So, if they were to meet again, it's better for him to be fully prepared for it, not as a two week replacement. The risk of a back to back loss to Conor could be devastating.

Was he offered and turned it down???

Not really, because if he lost without a proper camp people would think he actually lost both because he is the inferior fighter, not because the stars aligned.

This is actually valid, might even prevent a legit match up also with 2 losses

if he not ready then theres nothing else to be said,but im not gonna lie i am very disappointed.even more after the interview he gave saying he would be read if a opportunity came up.

Aldo's health is on the line. He risks getting knocked out again and suffering a legit concussion since his loss was just in December. If he's still recovering, his guys shouldn't have been opening their mouths about an immediate rematch or him training for it in case RDA pulls out, since now they look dumb and it has made Jose lose fans.

Last edited:
I think its the right decision. I think he needs to have a proper camp because that rematch is gonna need 200%

Aldo vs Connor at 196 would not give either time to cut to FW so if it were at LW and not a title fight it makes no sense. I would have loved to see Frankie vs Connor at any weight. Too bad Frankie is injured at the moment.

But than again I am a shertard so fuck me right?

51789-hahaha-fuck-you-gif-hangover-k-CAST.gif

That might actually mean something if Aldo didn't already say he was preparing and training months ago in case someone got injured for this fight. I've always been an Aldo fan but that first fight was a legitimate loss and Aldo should've taken this fight after the statements he made in January.

Back