Aldo beats McGregor, but it's going to be a great fight!

johplin6

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Lets all admit, McGregor is the real deal. I think this is a great fight, but Aldo will be too fast, and his striking is slightly better.

McGregor fans are going for McGregor (Obviously), but some of the McGregor fans actually think that Aldo is going to win, but they just got to support their favorite fighter. I understand that.

I like McGregor, I ain't dissing the guy, I've been impressed by the dude, and I went for him for all of his fights besides the Max Holloway fight. I just think Aldo will win, 49-46.

I am a huge Aldo fan, and McGregor is the biggest threat to Aldo, I had to admit it.

Last edited:
Conor will make it a fun fight I am sure. When he gets finished in the second by TKO, I hope his next fight is with Mendez or Edgar.

My view, too. I think Aldo takes it, but McGregor is a real threat to the champ in the standup and Aldo's standup defense will need to be tight and his leg kicks numerous if he's to win.

I truly believe that Conor will win, but I think the fight will go to a decision either way in a FOTY contender.

Im of the same belief. I like both guys. I think Aldo will win but I wouldnt count out Conor. I would still love to see an Aldo vs Pettis superfight.

I dont like either and hoping for a double KO but....

200_s.gif

I truly believe that Conor will win, but I think the fight will go to a decision either way in a FOTY contender.

I respect your opinion, McGregor has that left hand that can connect, and it might stun Aldo. That's what scares me, when Aldo gets hit.

i cannot go against aldo, but would love connor to get the win..
Im from a big oirsih family and hes starting to make me believe, but as special as he is, aldo is more so..

connor takes shots, and some one on aldos level will light him up..

but you never know..

I just hope Conor keeps getting better

I think he's really hungry.. Jose I'm sure will be motivated to. Conors got some chops on him, and he certainly has the power to put anyone at FW out. Jose got caught bad against Mendes in the first round. I would say Conor has better hands then Chad with more reach/power so he could easily do the same.

Conor looked like he was open for leg kicks/sweeps as he was swept a couple times, but I think a lot of it had to do with his style for Siver. Siver was moving back and Conor would throw a lot of offense then get tripped up, but I can't imagine him not being aware of Aldo's leg-kicks. He probably has or will be studying Aldo's move then any of us.

Lets all admit, McGregor is the real deal. I think this is a great fight, but Aldo will be too fast, and his striking is slightly better.

McGregor fans are going for McGregor (Obviously), but some of the McGregor fans actually think that Aldo is going to win, but they just got to support their favorite fighter. I understand that.

I like McGregor, I ain't dissing the guy, I've been impressed by the dude, and I went for him for all of his fights besides the Max Holloway fight. I just think Aldo will win, 49-46.

I am a huge Aldo fan, and McGregor is the biggest threat to Aldo, I had to admit it.

McGregor put on a show last night. Aldo's leg kicks will do him in, but McGregor is awesome.

I have Aldo as a slight favorite, but I don't think he will have a speed advantage against Conor.

I'd love to see how Conor reacts to a war, nothing seems wrong with his chin.

Good to see a thread from someone actually looking forward to the fight. MMA fans can be so sour and actually upset that there is a new exciting trash talking fighter.

Win or lose it will be a great fight from the build up to the fight itself sit back and enjoy the ride

i cannot go against aldo, but would love connor to get the win..
Im from a big oirsih family and hes starting to make me believe, but as special as he is, aldo is more so..

connor takes shots, and some one on aldos level will light him up..

but you never know..

is that Luke Rockhold in a frog suit in your av?

that shit's packing heat!!

McGregor's the real deal, but I saw some holes in his game last night. He's open to counters and he leaves his lead leg out there for Aldo to Soccer Kick. Either he's doing that as a Red Herring to Aldo, or he really needs to tighten up his defensive game.

I'm telling you right now.

If Conor does not work on altering his stance, this WILL NOT be competitive. He gives away his lead leg worse than anyone I've seen Aldo fight.

Back