Alan Jouban thinks Tatsuya Kawajiri is dead?

8qkh55.jpg

if being called late and great means you died then I've got to be Jesus f'n Christ considering how many times I must have been resurrected.

I never get anywhere on time and when I do finally arrive I always hear people saying, f'n great, how many times is he going to keep showing up here late.

At the very start of Tokitaka Nakanishi's fight this morning Jouban declared that Nakanishi reminded him of the "late great Tatsuya Kawajiri".

Last I checked, Kawajiri was alive.
I'll take "Jouban doesn't know the meaning of 'late' in that context and simply added it in because he's heard other people say it and thought it sounds cool" for $500, Alex.

At the very start of Tokitaka Nakanishi's fight this morning Jouban declared that Nakanishi reminded him of the "late great Tatsuya Kawajiri".

Last I checked, Kawajiri was alive.

I don't think he knows what late means, he said the late great Rory MacDonald too.

I don't think he knows what late means, he said the late great Rory MacDonald too.
He's using it in a metaphorical sense. Both men are retired and went out getting KO'd, so they might as well be dead as far as the sport is concerned.

Hell, Rory's spirit was completely broken down before he even got to PFL. Definitely applies to him. Jouban is a forward thinker, very great and not late... yet.

First fight in 2000 , last in 2019. 19 years in the game. Respect.

He's using it in a metaphorical sense. Both men are retired and went out getting KO'd, so they might as well be dead as far as the sport is concerned.

Hell, Rory's spirit was completely broken down before he even got to PFL. Definitely applies to him. Jouban is a forward thinker, very great and not late... yet.

You are over thinking it. Late great means dead, period. Some people use the phrase without knowing what it means, including Jouban.

Back