Alan Belcher's Corner?

TheKoreanZombie

Family Duty Honor
@purple
Reaction score
Wtf? "Use the hands you're dominating him with the hands ?" "The Pacman Combo?" Did Alan just get a bro to corner for him instead of an actual coach? I think I could have given better advice, almost as bad as Bader's corner telling him to "put your fucking hands" on Jon Jones.

I thought the corner's comments were great but incomplete. When Ruffus told him to use his hands he stunned Okami twice. But they needed to tell him to circle away from the cage.

I thought the corner's comments were great but incomplete. When Ruffus told him to use his hands he stunned Okami twice. But they needed to tell him to circle away from the cage.

That's exactly what they told him to do. Just didn't/wasn't able to follow through.

In all fairness, it was Roufus so he does know what he's talking about.. it's just was a bit too little too late. Throwing heavy kicks at a guy who's looking to SOLELY take you down and hold you there and moving backwards towards the cage isn't the best idea, so I understand where Roufus is coming from when he says box him, especially considering how sharp Belcher is on the feet, but it just didn't quite work out right. Boring smotherfest from Okami (yes I know it's also Belcher's fault for not stopping it blah blah). Too bad, big Belcher fan.

His corner was great? He was raping Okami with his hands(the few that he threw), and with Okamis suspect chin you cant honestly say its bad rofl. What else would you want your corner to tell him? Take him down? Kick more? They told him stay of the cage and punch if only belcher was smarter and didnt get backed up to the cage every time he woulda won this fight.

His corner was almost as bad as BJ Penn's. "You're doing well" after he completely lost Round 1. Uh.

His corner was great? He was raping Okami with his hands(the few that he threw), and with Okamis suspect chin you cant honestly say its bad rofl.

I agree---sometimes, you just got to brawl especially given Okami's now-fragile mindset towards getting hit. Why bounce around and pitter patter with a guy like Okami who is hoping for you to play a slowpaced game to fit his technical style.

That was Duke Roufus genius.

And he was right, he rocked Okami twice with punches.

His corner was good. Duke gave him good advice on striking and Askren told him to stop going for half-assed guillotines. Then Belcher did everything opposite.

His corner was good. Duke gave him good advice on striking and Askren told him to stop going for half-assed guillotines. Then Belcher did everything opposite.

Basically.

Belcher's a sponge though. He'll learn.

His big problems in that fight were footwork and overconfidence in his submission ability. If he learns to control the distance better he'll be right back in contendership.

Back