Alan Belcher could have won easily with a better gameplan.

C12azy3y3s

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I'm a huge Belcher fan and was very disappointed that he lost Saturday night, particularly because he clearly had the tools to beat Okami and lost because of bad decisions. Alan reversed three judo throws into top position. Instead of standing back up and dominating Okami with his hands he went for three guillotines that all failed and ended up with him in bottom position. His corner was giving spot on advice- don't go for the guillotine, and use your hands- and he totally ignored them. Very sad because he's such an exciting fighter and was killing Okami in the standup, landing straight rights all day. If he hadn't gone for that first guillotine he probably would have been fresh enough to finish him in the second. Oh well, he'll get 'em next time... Maybe a matchup with Boetsch? WAR BELCHER!!

One of Belcher's problems in the fight was the fact that he kept on letting Okami get his back to the cage and pushing him against the cage to clinch and take him down.

He just had a bad night. For sure, I can tell he can do much better. He just caught off guard battling Okami strength wise.

I'm a huge Belcher fan and was very disappointed that he lost Saturday night, particularly because he clearly had the tools to beat Okami and lost because of bad decisions. Alan reversed three judo throws into top position. Instead of standing back up and dominating Okami with his hands he went for three guillotines that all failed and ended up with him in bottom position. His corner was giving spot on advice- don't go for the guillotine, and use your hands- and he totally ignored them. Very sad because he's such an exciting fighter and was killing Okami in the standup, landing straight rights all day. If he hadn't gone for that first guillotine he probably would have been fresh enough to finish him in the second. Oh well, he'll get 'em next time... Maybe a matchup with Boetsch? WAR BELCHER!!

If anyone was getting dominated it was Belcher by Okami

Belcher is overrated, he would lose to Okami 9/10 times.

His corner was telling him the right stuff. Going for the 2nd and 3rd guillotines after he whiffed on the first one was really a terrible choice.. You didn't get the one in the first when you weren't wet and slippery and were at full strength, what makes you think you'll get one later? And you lose position every time.

Anyway, Belcher Belcher'd it
Story of his career

He had 2 chances to come up with it, i guess 3rd time is the charm.

You can believe this all you want, but Belcher will disappoint you time and time again, he's simply not that good a fighter

He just had a bad night. For sure, I can tell he can do much better. He just caught off guard battling Okami strength wise.

C'mon man that's belittling Okami's skills don't you think? Everyone knows he's probably the strongest dude in his weight class, if Alan failed take that into account before fighting him that's totally on him.

Belcher is overrated, he would lose to Okami 9/10 times.

Belcher should have won that fight. He reversed three of the vaunted judoka's throws into top position, and he had to do was stand up and keep throwing bombs. Okami only got one real takedown when he was belly to back with Alan in the (I think) second. A lame ass drag down.

Belcher should have won that fight. He reversed three of the vaunted judoka's throws into top position, and he had to do was stand up and keep throwing bombs. Okami only got one real takedown when he was belly to back with Alan in the (I think) second. A lame ass drag down.

Keep making excuses, I'm sure it will change the outcome someday. Okami is simply better

I counted 2 guillotines but meh, I hope someone uses gifs to prove me wrong so I know.

I don't remember Belcher handling him in the stand up department, I remember Okami getting rocked in the 2nd but Okami recovering. Looked about even (belcher just having more power in the punches), though there was very little distance striking.

Hope someone proves me wrong again with fightmetric stats so I learn that my memory sucks

Keep making excuses, I'm sure it will change the outcome someday. Okami is simply better

I'm not sure where the hate is coming from, I'm making some pretty obvious observations. Alan dropped Okami and was landing punches at will. He reversed three takedowns into top position. He gave up top position for guillotine attempts three times.

It seems pretty obvious to me he has the tools to beat Okami and just needs a better gameplan or higher fight iq.

Okami is hard to finish by submission, Belcher didnt get to exploit Okami's chin often enough and tried to pull off guillotines all night.

I'm not sure where the hate is coming from, I'm making some pretty obvious observations. Alan dropped Okami and was landing punches at will. He reversed three takedowns into top position. He gave up top position for guillotine attempts three times.

It seems pretty obvious to me he has the tools to beat Okami and just needs a better gameplan or higher fight iq.

Better game plan or higher fight IQ? This is the same guy who dismantled Palhares's feared BJJ game.. Your guy got beat by a better fighter

Easily? You underestimate Okami, he gives Belcher problems on his best night.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back