ALADDIN Live-Action Movie (Full Trailer Released)

Ben Kingsley is so gonna be Jafar.

No brainer.

Sir-Ben-Kingsley-Prince-of-Persia-2.jpg

Kingsley as Jafar is inspired lol.

Movie lives of dies by the Prince Ali song in my opinion. If you pull off a cool live action version of that you can elevate the movie. If you fuck that up, there's no hope for your movie.

did gyall know the original Aladdin is Chinese? It is in fact a Chinese tale. Djinn or genies are chinese legends.

With the way things are in Hollywood, DAniel Wu from Into the West will be Aladdin, and Jasmine will be Caitlyn Jenner.

sarah shahi as Jasmine lets rate the film R and has gratuitous nudity and lesbian sex.
sarah-shahi-at-showtime-2015-tca-summer-tour-in-beverly-hills_1.jpg

MV5BMTU0MzE2NTI1NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODcwMzMwOQ@@._V1_UY1200_CR97,0,630,1200_AL_.jpg

Last edited:
Just checked out this lass after hearing folk mention her a few times lately. She's good looking, but hardly groin-grabbingly hot.

Imo, natch.
I didn't mean for her to play Jasmin just pointing out there are plenty of quality Persian girls.

It's going to be hard for Disney to find a young experience middle eastern actor to play Aladdin they might have to go with another unknown like in Jungle book.
There are are plenty good middle eastern actors but most of the established male ones are too old to be Aladdin.

What the fuck happened to Guy Ritchie? Where is the guy who gave us Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels, Snatch, and Revolver? I want to see him do funny crime movies. Not this Disney bullshit. I had high hopes for a Rock n Rolla sequel but after the Sherlock movies I know it's never going to happen.

not giving exceptional fucks about nationality/race

Aladdin
tumblr_llqf54bTh31qb73y2.gif

Jasmine
shruti-haasan-41a.jpg

Djinn
The-Rock-e-l-attore-piu-pagato-al-mondo.jpg

Jafar
Hugo+royal+premiere+in+London+9WQu_KD1jt7l.jpg

or
game-thrones-season-5.png

Apu
90b9d2f53964bef1e0aa43eb5c442c2f.jpg

Sultan
Danny+DeVito+Danny+DeVito+Photocall+KO2CTBCeISal.jpg

Red evil Djinn
bautista.jpg

Guards Captain
16-33.jpg

I thought the live action Jungle Book was pretty overrated tbh, they are really going full force into this live action Disney remake shit though. Gonna get to the point where these are coming out as frequently as super hero movies and movies based on teen novels.

What the fuck happened to Guy Ritchie? Where is the guy who gave us Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels, Snatch, and Revolver? I want to see him do funny crime movies. Not this Disney bullshit. I had high hopes for a Rock n Rolla sequel but after the Sherlock movies I know it's never going to happen.
I agree

Knowing my ass, this will get slated in the papers but I'll still pay to see it.

As I was cleaning up some of my old files in my computer, I stumbled upon my partially completed Aladdin casting I did back in Oct. 2016 when they first announced the project.

Over the weekend, I finished it and I'm posting them now.

Update: March 5, 2017

Dragonlord's Fantasy Casting Vol. 16: Disney's ALADDIN

Since this is a Walt Disney live-action adaptation of Aladdin, it's expected that a young cast will reprise the main roles. The actors I've chosen for the leads are age appropriate (meaning not in their 30s and onward) and have a singing and dance background if this turns out to be a musical.

AVAN JOGIA as ALADDIN
2K0sAaK.jpg

Avan Jogia was the first actor that popped into my head when they first announced the Aladdin movie. The 5'10 actor is best known for his stints in Nickelodeon's Victorious and ABC's Twisted.

NAOMI SCOTT as PRINCESS JASMINE
Nzm0uh9.jpg

I chose rising star Naomi Scott as Jasmine. The 23-year-old English (Indian descent) actress and singer has appeared in Fox's Terra Nova and will star in the upcoming Power Rangers movie.

SETH MACFARLANE as GENIE
dwpmxqe.jpg

Didn't go with Dan Castellaneta (who did the voice work for the sequels and spinoffs). Want someone bigger and bolder for the iconic role. I chose Seth MacFarlane because his voice acting work is impeccable. Aside from his rich, distinct voice, his comedic timing is spot on. And the man can sing.

TONY SHALHOUB as THE SULTAN
RrROTPv.jpg

Outstanding character actor Tony Shalhoub would be a great as the Sultan who is generally very childish and pompous, but extremely kind at his core. The 63-year-old actor was last seen in the cancelled CBS show BrainDead.

GILBERT GOTTFRIED as IAGO THE PARROT
tqxDpBy.jpg

This is a no-brainer. Who better to voice the antagonistic (turned good in sequels and spinoffs) parrot than the original voice actor Gilbert Gottfried.

AMIR ARISON as JAFAR
zREuSdC.jpg

Ben Kingsley would be cool but he has already done this type of role before in the Prince of Persia movie. Amir Arison might be a wuss in The Blacklist but he can be a very menacing villain if he wants to (see Homeland).

Back