Social Alabama Mayor Kills Self After Right-Wing Blog Outs His Cross-Dressing

HOLA

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Alabama Mayor Bubba Copeland Kills Self After Right-Wing 1819 News Outs His Cross-Dressing (thedailybeast.com)

A small-town Alabama pastor and mayor killed himself Friday, days after a local conservative news website published a story that included photos of him wearing women’s clothing and makeup.

F.L. “Bubba” Copeland, who was the mayor of Smiths Station and the pastor at First Baptist Church in Phenix City, shot himself in front of police during a welfare check, the Lee County Sheriff’s Office said.

Copeland’s private life was exposed Wednesday by the conservative blog 1819 News, which was once owned by the right-wing Alabama Policy Institute and whose top editor is a former Breitbart News contributor.

That post, written by Craig Monger, had the rambling headline: The secret life of Smiths Station Mayor and Baptist pastor F.L. ‘Bubba’ Copeland as a ‘transgender curvy girl’: ‘It’s a hobby I do to relieve stress’...

Copeland was elected to be mayor of Smiths Station, a town of about 5,000 near the Georgia state line, in 2016. He was thrust into the national spotlight in 2019 when a string of tornadoes ravaged the area and then-President Donald Trump visited. Copeland was photographed with Trump and used the picture to campaign for re-election in 2020.

Copeland’s extracurricular activities quickly turned into a community-wide controversy. His church referred to “unbiblical behavior” in a statement, and Copeland reportedly told his parishioners that the article did not represent “who or what I am.” He added that it would “not cause my life to change.”

“This will not waver my devotion to my family, serving my city, serving my church,” Copeland said Wednesday before giving his final sermon, which was live streamed online.

Copeland, who was married, said he was the subject of an “internet attack.”

Tragic, but not shocking. The intolerance of doing that in small-town Alabama must be off the charts. I'm curious what the content of some of his sermons were.

The 1819 article claims:

Copeland frequently used pictures and details from local residents in his online life. He would often post fictional memes featuring young boys and girls with the illusion that the young people in the memes were one person who had undergone a gender transition.

One meme featured a local brother and sister, at least one of which is a minor. The meme was designed to give the impression that the young boy had transitioned into a young girl.

"Take the shots, get implants, become the whore”

He also apparently was a short-story writer:

In one short story, Copeland, who owns a local grocery store, wrote about watching women in-store security cameras and saving the videos for this "private collection."

In another long-form fictional story posted under Copeland's pseudonym, Brittini Blaire, the narrator becomes obsessed with a real-life local business owner, who he ultimately murders to assume her identity. For the sake of the woman's privacy, 1819 News has provided a copy of the fictional story with names and other identifying information redacted.

Last edited:
”Whenever I hear some bigmouth in Washington or the Christian heartland banging on about the evils of sodomy or whatever, I mentally enter his name in my notebook and contentedly set my watch. Sooner rather than later, he will be discovered down on his weary and well-worn old knees in some dreary motel or latrine, with an expired Visa card, having tried to pay well over the odds to be peed upon by some Apache transvestite.”

- Christopher Hitchens

Alabama Mayor Bubba Copeland Kills Self After Right-Wing 1819 News Outs His Cross-Dressing (thedailybeast.com)

A small-town Alabama pastor and mayor killed himself Friday, days after a local conservative news website published a story that included photos of him wearing women’s clothing and makeup.

F.L. “Bubba” Copeland, who was the mayor of Smiths Station and the pastor at First Baptist Church in Phenix City, shot himself in front of police during a welfare check, the Lee County Sheriff’s Office said.

Copeland’s private life was exposed Wednesday by the conservative blog 1819 News, which was once owned by the right-wing Alabama Policy Institute and whose top editor is a former Breitbart News contributor.

That post, written by Craig Monger, had the rambling headline: The secret life of Smiths Station Mayor and Baptist pastor F.L. ‘Bubba’ Copeland as a ‘transgender curvy girl’: ‘It’s a hobby I do to relieve stress’...

Copeland was elected to be mayor of Smiths Station, a town of about 5,000 near the Georgia state line, in 2016. He was thrust into the national spotlight in 2019 when a string of tornadoes ravaged the area and then-President Donald Trump visited. Copeland was photographed with Trump and used the picture to campaign for re-election in 2020.

Copeland’s extracurricular activities quickly turned into a community-wide controversy. His church referred to “unbiblical behavior” in a statement, and Copeland reportedly told his parishioners that the article did not represent “who or what I am.” He added that it would “not cause my life to change.”

“This will not waver my devotion to my family, serving my city, serving my church,” Copeland said Wednesday before giving his final sermon, which was live streamed online.

Copeland, who was married, said he was the subject of an “internet attack.”

Tragic, but not shocking. The intolerance of doing that in small-town Alabama must be off the charts. I'm curious what the content of some of his sermons were.

The 1819 article claims:

Copeland frequently used pictures and details from local residents in his online life. He would often post fictional memes featuring young boys and girls with the illusion that the young people in the memes were one person who had undergone a gender transition.

One meme featured a local brother and sister, at least one of which is a minor. The meme was designed to give the impression that the young boy had transitioned into a young girl.

"Take the shots, get implants, become the whore”

He also apparently was a short-story writer:

In one short story, Copeland, who owns a local grocery store, wrote about watching women in-store security cameras and saving the videos for this "private collection."

In another long-form fictional story posted under Copeland's pseudonym, Brittini Blaire, the narrator becomes obsessed with a real-life local business owner, who he ultimately murders to assume her identity. For the sake of the woman's privacy, 1819 News has provided a copy of the fictional story with names and other identifying information redacted.
Too bad people have to feel suicidal just for harmlessly being themselves. Quite the culture we’ve created, thanks to religion based fear mongering.

LOL !

i have no sympathy for closet-case politicians and religious leaders. (which is probably a lot of them)
I mean, they are weird and very irresponsible for how they go after certain groups in society because of how self loathing they are themselves. But...this is very tragic. From the death of this person, to the effects it undoubtedly has on his family and friends...to the shitbags who outed him. All around a no win and sad.

I mean, they are weird and very irresponsible for how they go after certain groups in society because of how self loathing they are themselves. But...this is very tragic. From the death of this person, to the effects it undoubtedly has on his family and friends...to the shitbags who outed him. All around a no win and sad.
You don't think he should have been outed? IMO people have a right to know who is representing them.

RIP Melissa McCarthy

copeland1a.png

LOL !

i have no sympathy for closet-case politicians and religious leaders. (which is probably a lot of them)
How can you not have sympathy for them? When they are raised to believe that being gay, trans, or cross dressing, are sins against God? When their entire community also holds those beliefs and will treat anyone with divergent sexuality absolutely horribly? All because of the religion mind virus.

On one hand I feel like people from these types of communities with these atypical identities, need to have a little bit of courage and be true to themselves and/or move out of their hick ass community. Even worse is to be a member of a sexual minority group and actively spread hate against your own people. But how can you not have some level of sympathy when they are the victims of mass religious indoctrination?

good post, that's how I feel as well . outing him like that, what purpose could that have served?

a family lost their father/husband because of the shame/embarrassment he felt. and another reason why this story is tragic is that he felt the need to keep it a secret.

You don't think he should have been outed? IMO people have a right to know who is representing them.
Let's say Rand Paul enjoyed getting pegged by his wife and her 14 inch black dildo. You think that should get "outed"?

This guy is cross dressing in his personal life. And he killed himself.

How can you not have sympathy for them? When they are raised to believe that being gay, trans, or cross dressing, are sins against God? When their entire community also holds those beliefs and will treat anyone with divergent sexuality absolutely horribly? All because of the religion mind virus.

On one hand I feel like people from these types of communities with these atypical identities, need to have a little bit of courage and be true to themselves and/or move out of their hick ass community. Even worse is to be a member of a sexual minority group and actively spread hate against your own people. But how can you not have some level of sympathy when they are the victims of mass religious indoctrination?
everyones a victim these days. i have no sympathy for fools. I hate myself too, if that makes a difference.

Let's say Rand Paul enjoyed getting pegged by his wife and her 14 inch black dildo. You think that should get "outed"?
beard_guy_yes_meme.jpeg

This guy is cross dressing in his personal life. And he killed himself.
He was fraud though. He was accepting payment from people telling them one thing and believing another.

Last edited:
Reading a couple of pages of that erotica, he was definitely a classic autogynephilic transsexual, i.e. aroused at the idea of himself as a woman. They're always the weird ones because for them dressing as women is a way to attain sexual gratification, it's not an issue of gender identity. It's more like a paraphilia or a fetish.

Back