• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

News Al Iaquinta is ranked #4 rightnow

So Barboza gives a prospect internal bleeding but still goes down one spot just so they can still have Mcnuggets at #2?

<{hfved}>
Conor has wins over Eddie alvarez and Nate Diaz at lightweight. Don't forget that. Barboza just lost to Lee and beat a 14th ranked fighter. Cool your jets

Lee still ranked too high. Like to see Gaethje vs any of the three ahead of him if not Cerrone.

Dan Hooker gets to stay in the top 15 due to being too tough to tap? Should have been dropped out and Gregor should have entered top 15.

Not sure about Hooker dropping out, but Gregor should be in the top 15. Guy has been nothing but impressive but seems to get no push from the company.

I'm not to sure how to match-up Al Iaquinta. The logic fight would be against Gaethje, but I really think the UFC should book Gaethje vs Barboza next, it's the perfect timing to make this epic match-up become a reality. I think Al should be used as leverage when it comes to negotiating McGregor's next fight. If they can't come to an agreement, they can always book Iaquinta vs Poirier and know one would complain.

Dan Hooker gets to stay in the top 15 due to being too tough to tap? Should have been dropped out and Gregor should have entered top 15.
Gregor hasn't fought it a while and guys like Makchachev and Taisumov have had not wins. Gillespe vs Taisumov is the fight to make.

Why the Hell is Chiesa still in the top 10 and why is Hooker still ranked.

Also Khabib now has two wins over top 5 guys while Tony Ferguson has zero. Khabib is also the lineal champ and official UFC champ. Yet somehow people still think Ferguson has beat all the top guys in the division and is the real champ, while Khabib is just a can crusher paper champ lmao.

RDA and Barboza were top 5 when Tony fought them
Conor has wins over Eddie alvarez and Nate Diaz at lightweight. Don't forget that. Barboza just lost to Lee and beat a 14th ranked fighter. Cool your jets
A journeyman and a guy that doesn't even fight in the promotion anymore, cool.

I'm just happy Hooker didn't drop from the rankings. The beating he withstood was worth retaining his spot.

Matchups I'd make:
Obviously (and unquestionably) Khabib vs Ferguson

Conor vs Iaquinta

(I think Poirier doesn't accept any fight except with the top 3 or Nate, so he just sits out until the above two fights happen)

Barboza vs Gaethje

(bad situation for Lee; don't think he would accept a fight vs anyone ranked below him. He'd also have to wait to see how Khabib/Ferg and Conor/Al plays out)

Vick and Felder are already scheduled to fight and Hernandez and Cerrone too. Hooker will probably be on the shelf for awhile. Not counting Chiesa in this since he's moving up. Trinaldo is also in a spot where he either waits or accepts a fight vs an unranked guy

Why is Conor in the top 10?
He’s fought twice (really 4 times) and has lost 2 and arguably 3

Fucking money era has killed legitimacy

we don't wanna see Dustin we saw that fight already
Chiesa moved to 170lb why is he still ranked #9 at 155
Why the Hell is Chiesa still in the top 10 and why is Hooker still ranked.

Nate Diaz and Chiesa shouldn't be ranked. Diaz doesn't fight and Chiesa is fighting at WW.
Fighters arnt removed from their old division until they actually fight in there new one. Look at Rockhold and Yoel who were supposed to be LHW, their fights canceled last minute then they're MW again.
*even then they get it wrong #7lhw Santos is still #15MW after 2 fights in a new class, and joanna is also ranked in two but then she's also talking about going right back to SW so it's more understandable.

Now he won't try to get top dollar for his clients because he's a superstar and rich af now.

I'm not to sure how to match-up Al Iaquinta. The logic fight would be against Gaethje, but I really think the UFC should book Gaethje vs Barboza next, it's the perfect timing to make this epic match-up become a reality. I think Al should be used as leverage when it comes to negotiating McGregor's next fight. If they can't come to an agreement, they can always book Iaquinta vs Poirier and know one would complain.

Seems obvious to me:

Barboza vs Gaethje
Al vs. Poirier
Khabib vs. tony

Fighters arnt removed from their old division until they actually fight in there new one. Look at Rockhold and Yoel who were supposed to be LHW, their fights canceled last minute then they're MW again.
*even then they get it wrong #7lhw Santos is still #15MW after 2 fights in a new class, and joanna is also ranked in two but then she's also talking about going right back to SW so it's more understandable.

Nate's last two fights were over 2 years ago and they were at WW, yet he's ranked at LW. His last lightweight win was 3 years ago. He hasn't been on a win streak at LW since 2012.

How is he ranked at LW?

Disgracefully biased rankings; why the hell is conner ranked #2? He has one win at lw vs a guy who isn't even relevant at this point.

And that lone win in the division is over 2 years old. Yet he is ranked #2. Comedy at it's finest.

Nate's last two fights were over 2 years ago and they were at WW, yet he's ranked at LW. His last lightweight win was 3 years ago. He hasn't been on a win streak at LW since 2012.

How is he ranked at LW?
Nate's an odd case.
I quoted you on why Chiesa is still ranked.

And that lone win in the division is over 2 years old. Yet he is ranked #2. Comedy at it's finest.
ufc media "you can't drop rankings if you don't fight"
#2bw Cruz has not won a fight since June 2016, and is expected to return in 2020.

I guess Conor and Tony fans in hiding can't say bu bu "Al's not even a top 5"! now

Islam rapes almost everyone on that list. What a joke.

Gregor ragdolls most guys on that list, including Islam. But that's not how they make rankings.

Back