AJ Mckee will beat pitbull in a boring uneventful fight.

McKee should fight more like his dad and grapple rape pitbull. Leg kicks are cool but if other guy counter with an overhand it’s nighty night

Pitbull is damn good, and a proven champion.

Im giving the edge against the young McKee.

I can see Pitbull countering and hammering him for a TKO or KO. Also Pitbull has a nasty guillotine he can snatch from front headlocks so if AJ decides to dive for TDs the threat is there.

Well known UFC shill says it's going to be a boring fight. Shocking :eek:

I don't see how it's possible to have this take (McKee will technically outfight with nothing but low-kicks against a powerful blitz-striker) - have you ever watched McKee fight? The dude is nothing but a whirlwind of super-dynamic offense, he threw a wheel kick so hard against Derek Campos that when he missed he fell on his face and almost tore his pec (credit to Jack Slack for the catch).

If you watch him fight his striking defense is suspect, he is just really good at using his length and reach to keep guys at a longer range, especially because he is so fast and carries a wrestling threat it isn't easy to pressure him.

Pitbull has the type of game to really see how good McKee is - at this stage he's a patient blitz fighter that prefers to counter and loves to methodically work inside the pocket once he gets timing/reads. His ability to pick-up the timing is an unbelievable asset in fighting, as soon as he has a feel for the type of strikes his opponent throws and what angles/speeds he starts drawing out those strikes to counter them. Very methodical approach, very patient and willing to let his opponent throw and show his cards while he plays it close to the vest and waits to surprise them.

The real X-Factor for me is if McKee will make him fight emotionally, would definitely play into his game - I feel like if McKee can mix up the grappling/striking (primarily kicking at range and baiting aggression to clinch/takedown) he can win this fight. But if Pitbull comes in laser-focused with a gameplan to patiently work inside the pocket he can likely give McKee absolute fits in a phone-booth fight.

These match-ups are always fascinating - young prospect starting to hit their peak but still relatively inexperienced vs. the old lion starting to decline physically but hitting their apex in terms of knowing their game/skills and how to apply.

This is a true coin-flip, without the actual gun to my head it's so tough to make a pick.

Last edited:
no idea who wins honestly. I can see it both ways. I think Pitbull deserves to be favorite and the respect but we'll see if this kid is the real goods. I think you have to lean Pitbull based on experience but I wouldnt be that shocked if AJ won.

Was of the same opinion till the media event, seems that McKee got under his skin a little bit
He need to keep his cool in this one, McKee will likely strike from the outside and wait to plant that counter

I seen that too but feel Patricio is a mature fighter and knows how to deal with business on fight night. He also has grown as a fighter.

Dont get me wrong, its nice to see a legit threat to the belt against arguably one of the best Fw in the world and yes, the McKee family looked very very confident in the presser.

Freire also is predicting a sub, so is he assuming AJ will eventually try and take the fight down to floor? Force him to “panic-wrestle”?

Pitbull is going to flatline McKee with a counter. That's just my opinion, McKee will learn to have tighter defense when he is striking, he is a little too loose right now. He got some KO's in wild exchanges, that might be his undoing if he engages like that.

I seen that too but feel Patricio is a mature fighter and knows how to deal with business on fight night. He also has grown as a fighter.

Dont get me wrong, its nice to see a legit threat to the belt against arguably one of the best Fw in the world and yes, the McKee family looked very very confident in the presser.

Freire also is predicting a sub, so is he assuming AJ will eventually try and take the fight down to floor? Force him to “panic-wrestle”?

McKee does some good work on the mat, I think Pitbull would be in more danger on the ground.

This is a good fight between two elites. I could see AJ winning this if he avoids getting flattened by a big shot early

The bElLAtOr iS So mUcH MoRE eXciTIng tHan uFc crowd will really look bad if this is even half as boring as Lima's last fight. And I agree...it could be a lot less exciting than many are expecting.
Is it Lima or Amosov's fault for the fight being boring? Doesnt make sense to blame Lima.

And there isnt really a "Bellator is more exciting than UFC crowd"; its quite the opposite and your post only proves that. Both promotions put on great cards and sometimes lackluster ones. You cant honestly say youre more excited for tonights UFC card over Bellator..

McKee early or Pitbull later on...

Is it Lima or Amosov's fault for the fight being boring? Doesnt make sense to blame Lima.

And there isnt really a "Bellator is more exciting than UFC crowd"; its quite the opposite and your post only proves that. Both promotions put on great cards and sometimes lackluster ones. You cant honestly say youre more excited for tonights UFC card over Bellator..
Nope. My post is simply a reaction to a group of UFC-hating shills responsible for tons of threads here. It doesn't "prove" your point at all.

If Pitbull wins convincingly is he the greatest featherweight inside or outside of the ufc right now? Alternatively if AJ takes it will he now/eventually be a superstar?

Well that was one hell of a finish.

Pitbull is going to flatline McKee with a counter. That's just my opinion, McKee will learn to have tighter defense when he is striking, he is a little too loose right now. He got some KO's in wild exchanges, that might be his undoing if he engages like that.

This aged horribly

Back