Air Force Busted for over-expenditures

SamSchmidt

I crossed time for you belt
Banned
Reaction score
https://www.foxnews.com/us/air-forces-326g-hot-cup-tab-draws-senators-ire

"An air base’s penchant for pricey coffee cups has garnered the attention of a United States senator, who is demanding -- and receiving -- an explanation for the purchase of beverage tumblers that cost $1,280 each."

They spent over 300Gs on these things.

Good I'm glad they are getting busted for this. Godamn chair force. Even when I went to one of their NG bases all their office furniture and shit was better than ours.

I'm about sick of programs like Future Force Warrior being cut for more frivolous shit for the Air Force and Navy.

Man we didn't even have up armored humvees in Iraq in '03 because of stuff like this. I am willing to trade in some Amraams and JDAMs for some new high-tech body armor instead of the crap gear we were issued. New HK rifles and sidearms.

At least they are slowly fixing that situation for fellow 11 bang bangs.

We could probably lower the military budget by like 25% if we got rid of all this type of shit

Dude i know people personally, involved in the cluster fuck, the waste and stealing is an absolute disgrace, no one cares, and everyone is in on it. If you make noise, you get shit on and exiled...No news here..

"An air base’s penchant for pricey coffee cups has garnered the attention of a United States senator, who is demanding -- and receiving -- an explanation for the purchase of beverage tumblers that cost $1,280 each."

Good I'm glad they are getting busted for this. Godamn chair force. Even when I went to one of their NG bases all their office furniture and shit was better than ours.

I'm about sick of programs like Future Force Warrior being cut for more frivolous shit for the Air Force and Navy.

Man we didn't even have up armored humvees in Iraq in '03 because of stuff like this. I am willing to trade in some Amraams and JDAMs for some new high-tech body armor instead of the crap gear we were issued. New HK rifles and sidearms.

And yet fighter pilots can’t get enough flying hours to stay proficient because it’s “not in the budget”

And yet fighter pilots can’t get enough flying hours to stay proficient because it’s “not in the budget”
Seriously.

There is so much frivolous spending going on its insane. I'm even guilty of it after I left Infantry for recruiting command as their supply sergeant. I authorized Ed Visteurs to come speak with all the recruiters for a fee of 25000 just for a damn motivational seminar.

What Da fuq !! $1280 for 1 coffee tumbler ?

when i was active duty years ago, one year our shop had to go crazy buying stupid shit like coat racks and stuff we really didnt need. we had to or they would have cut our budget for the next year. its stupid how they kind of force you to waste your money

Air force are big spenders. When I was in Saudi, we'd walk 1.5 miles to the air force mess tent because it was so much better than the army grub. Their mess tent was even air conditioned. Plus they had these unbelievable coffee tumblers. Those things had to be expensive.

when i was active duty years ago, one year our shop had to go crazy buying stupid shit like coat racks and stuff we really didnt need. we had to or they would have cut our budget for the next year. its stupid how they kind of force you to waste your money
We do this every year. I'm not active duty but took a Fed Technician position as a government purchaser and at thr end of the fiscal year we blow our remaining wad on shit we don't need. It's like mandatory, you have to do it.

I thought Trump was going to clean all this up?

guess they have learned well from the Pentagon School of Spending

No shit?!?!

Who'da thunk it...

Never saw a flyboy without a tricked out m4.

Dude i know people personally, involved in the cluster fuck, the waste and stealing is an absolute disgrace, no one cares, and everyone is in on it. If you make noise, you get shit on and exiled...No news here..
Oh it’s encouraged. You’ve seen the spending right? If they have money left over it gets cut next year so they buy tons of shit nobody needs

We do this every year. I'm not active duty but took a Fed Technician position as a government purchaser and at thr end of the fiscal year we blow our remaining wad on shit we don't need. It's like mandatory, you have to do it.
Yeah. Use it or lose it. What a bunch of horse shit. I had to do that with my GPC

Oh it’s encouraged. You’ve seen the spending right? If they have money left over it gets cut next year so they buy tons of shit nobody needs
This is true, I had to make these purchases a couple of times. I have to defend it though. First, there is almost always a shortage of everything. Second, you have to go through approved vendors for shit that should be bought at Walmart (the regs have lightened up on this from what I've heard) and it kills your budget, so you just go without or buy them on the down low out of the fridge fund. Third, the budget needs that room in it because year to year variance can be absolutely ridiculous, like when you get a new mission but the same budget, or a conflict starts somewhere and your unit feels the ripple effect.

Anyway, I have never seen anyone go out and buy a bunch of inappropriate stuff just to fill a budget. I'm sure it happens now and then, but the stuff people stock up on is stuff that is going to be used.

yea, instead of rewarding you for not blowing money, you have to blow it or be punished the next year.

Back