After watching this vid on Shane del Rosario

I really thought he was going to wreck Pat Barry, any word on if the UFC cut him or not after going 0-2?

Umm, AFAIK he wasn't cut.. It was his first two losses afterall, and he was undefeated before that so I'd imagine they'd give him another fight. Also, he had taken a year off between his last fight due getting t-boned by a drunk driver, so I'm sure they can understand some ring rust. I was unsure on the Barry fight, really didn't know going into it who was gonna win.

Umm, AFAIK he wasn't cut.. It was his first two losses afterall, and he was undefeated before that so I'd imagine they'd give him another fight. Also, he had taken a year off between his last fight due getting t-boned by a drunk driver, so I'm sure they can understand some ring rust. I was unsure on the Barry fight, really didn't know going into it who was gonna win.

Dunno, I wouldn't be surprised if we find out he was cut.

Huge fan of SDR and would hate to see him cut but he would be a great addition to Bellator or WSOF HW divisions.

SDR Vs Mitrione would be a good fight.

I've seen him fight live a hanful of time back in the day. Always seemed like the regular working mans fighter. He'll be in the UFC a bit.

From a personal point of view: Del Rosario is a good guy.
Professionaly: i don't think that he can hang with the top guys of the HW division.
But i still hope that the UFC will keep him around.
He has great standup and is no slouch on the ground.
He just got bad matchups in the UFC with Stipe Miocic and Pat Barry.

Just think, before SDR's accident he was the biggest HW prospect in SF before the HW Grand Prix, even ahead of Cormier! I jus think SDR is suffering what Mir had to suffer through after his accident. A slow climb back to his full potential, hopefully the UFC gives him another chance. A loser gets cut fight against Morecraft would make sense.

Back