• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media After seeing this I understand Jorge's Fighter Pay concern for the Usman fight

I understand Usman won, theres no such thing as luck in MMA etc, but I've never understood why people act like that fight was a blowout.

It was highly competitive up until that strike that may or may not have broken Colbys jaw (I still dont understand what actually happened there). If they were to have a rematch I'd expect the odds to be pretty even.
I tend to agree -- I honestly wasn't aware that folks referred to the fight as a blowout. I had it even going into round 5 -- maybe it's just the short attention span? Like maybe folks don't recall how competitive it was and just recollect the finish.

Agreed, and another thing I don’t understand is how people still call Usman boring after that fight. That was a highly entertaining fight that actually delivered on the hype, to call someone boring after that makes zero sense
I agree with this 100%. Personally, I never found him boring even before the fight -- I love his dominant ground game. However, I understand that a lot of folks hate wrestling. This fight was ridiculous though -- over 4 rounds of trading on the feet.

I'm sooo sure jorge is scared of usman the best striker and knockout artist we've ever seen
You dont need the best striker and KO artist to beat Jorge, he has been beaten plenty of times, Usman would do the trick just fine as well, everyone knows it, i would still like to watch that fight but he intentionally priced himself out of that one with the excuse that the UFC offered him "less money".
I tend to agree -- I honestly wasn't aware that folks referred to the fight as a blowout. I had it even going into round 5 -- maybe it's just the short attention span? Like maybe folks don't recall how competitive it was and just recollect the finish.
Colby haters, i had no favorites on it, but i was very competitive to me going into the 5th.

You dont need the best striker and KO artist to beat Jorge, he has been beaten plenty of times, Usman would do the trick just fine as well, everyone knows it, i would still like to watch that fight but he intentionally priced himself out of that one with the excuse that the UFC offered him "less money".

Colby haters, i had no favorites on it, but i was very competitive to me going into the 5th.

::to you::

Most of us had it 3-1 heading into the 5th before Usman won. Colby was a busted up mess. Usman was smiling going into the 5th. It wasn’t competitive. Fun fight, but it was clear Usman was getting the best of him.

If your boss told you hey take this pay cut, would you ? Dont lie

Masvidal beat Colby up in sparring.

At wrestling practice Colby could out wrestle him.

The fight with Usman was a 5 round kickboxing match, which was dead even right up until the final minutes of the final round.

This is an especially dumb thread, even for a pretty terrible poster.

If your boss told you hey take this pay cut, would you ? Dont lie
It seems like his boss told him "hey you made 500k last time, here it is, 500k again", but i guess Jorge and his fans say that it is less than before.

If my boss tells me that, well, i would say yes, and start looking for another job, he cant do that...he cant look for another fight elsewhere...also no other promotion would pay him the same, we all know that.

He got $500k against Nate, i guess he was offered the same, there is no gate, so he cant claim "less money" because of that, not sure if he got PPV points, he probably did, if the UFC offers PPV points as well fighting Usman then its the same money, or potential money.

::to you::

Most of us had it 3-1 heading into the 5th before Usman won. Colby was a busted up mess. Usman was smiling going into the 5th. It wasn’t competitive. Fun fight, but it was clear Usman was getting the best of him.
You.

It seems like his boss told him "hey you made 500k last time, here it is, 500k again", but i guess Jorge and his fans say that it is less than before.

If my boss tells me that, well, i would say yes, and start looking for another job, he cant do that...he cant look for another fight elsewhere...also no other promotion would pay him the same, we all know that.

He got $500k against Nate, i guess he was offered the same, there is no gate, so he cant claim "less money" because of that, not sure if he got PPV points, he probably did, if the UFC offers PPV points as well fighting Usman then its the same money, or potential money.
If jorge says it I believe him since hes the one looking at the contract , not us. Either way if it's a title fight and hes the one bringing the numbers and viewers then he should be paid accordingly. Usman vs colby ppv flopped badly , usman needs jorge more than jorge needs usman

Damn, didn't realize Usman suffers from the same skinny leg syndrome as Jon Jones!

I don't know why people are obsessed with legs but it looks damn near identical to Colby's and 90% of other welterweights.

Get a pair of eyes

I agree with this 100%. Personally, I never found him boring even before the fight -- I love his dominant ground game. However, I understand that a lot of folks hate wrestling. This fight was ridiculous though -- over 4 rounds of trading on the feet.

One of the best fights I’ve seen with an awesome finish. It couldn’t have delivered anymore than it did.

Keep crying, Colbie boi. It wasn’t close and he was finished.

960x0.jpg

If jorge says it I believe him since hes the one looking at the contract , not us. Either way if it's a title fight and hes the one bringing the numbers and viewers then he should be paid accordingly. Usman vs colby ppv flopped badly , usman needs jorge more than jorge needs usman
Any way i try to explain it leads to me sounding like a Jorge hater which im not, but im not a fan either, if he says "less money" but Dana says "same deal", im going with Dana's version, to me same deal means whatever PPV bonus he got fighting Nate is on the table fighting Usman, and the same $500k purse he got, that doesnt sound like a pay cut, if he brings the "numbers and viewers" he will get paid accordingly, Usman sure is happy fighting whoever for $500k and whatever buys he can get, so while he benefits from fighting a guy that draws, he doesnt really needs Jorge, and we all saw that, he is headlining "fight island" card and getting paid, Jorge is sitting at home cleaning his BMF belt waiting for Conor to pay attention to him, which he wont.

Black ppl don't explode out of our asses, I can confirm.

Well, at least not any more (or probably any less) than other races explode out of theirs.

My bad, not the best visual, I guess lol.

Back