• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media After seeing this I understand Jorge's Fighter Pay concern for the Usman fight

Ackmed

Silver Belt
Reaction score
UFC just posted this. When I see this I dont blame Jorge for turning down the TS. Having been roommates and teammates Jorge knows Colby's skill level...Usman's ability to do this to Colby tipped Jorge's risk/reward consideration to effectively price him out of anything the UFC would offer.

Colby called this back in January, even he knew.

That back on Usman....

YellowConsciousFurseal-small.gif

Yeah nothing new under the sky. Jorge wants no part of Kamaru. Those who claims otherwise are delusional Masvidal's fan.

I understand Usman won, theres no such thing as luck in MMA etc, but I've never understood why people act like that fight was a blowout.

It was highly competitive up until that strike that may or may not have broken Colbys jaw (I still dont understand what actually happened there). If they were to have a rematch I'd expect the odds to be pretty even.

I understand Usman won, theres no such thing as luck in MMA etc, but I've never understood why people act like that fight was a blowout.

It was highly competitive up until that strike that may or may not have broken Colbys jaw (I still dont understand what actually happened there). If they were to have a rematch I'd expect the odds to be pretty even.

Agreed, and another thing I don’t understand is how people still call Usman boring after that fight. That was a highly entertaining fight that actually delivered on the hype, to call someone boring after that makes zero sense

I thought between the questionable nut shot and the 'lucky' jaw break, that fight imo is unfinished business

heh? Most people agree it was a very close fight up until the finish. Usman met his match that night no doubt. Usman also blatantly faked a nut shot.

heh? Most people agree it was a very close fight up until the finish. Usman met his match that night no doubt. Usman also blatantly faked a nut shot.
Maybe I'm imagining more of a problem than there really is, but I feel like a lot of people (TS included) like to pretend Colby got absolutely destroyed. Which I dont think is super true...

Yeah nothing new under the sky. Jorge wants no part of Kamaru. Those who claims otherwise are delusional Masvidal's fan.
I'm sooo sure jorge is scared of usman the best striker and knockout artist we've ever seen

Its very clear to me ), Jorge is not scared of anyone under mma rules, and i am no Jorge' fan. He is tough, very tough.

Problem is if he looses to Usman, his stock goes way down, and he wants to cash in on his present reputation.

Ufc dont compromise on pay much, cause they have monopoly, we will see...

Back