After rewatching hendo vs fedor

DC is a true heavyweight..
lol. DC made 184 when he was in his physical prime. He's older and overweight, it's as simple as that. He weighs as much as a HW, but he's not a true HW.

lol. DC made 184 when he was in his physical prime. He's older and overweight, it's as simple as that. He weighs as much as a HW, but he's not a true HW.
He hasn’t made 184 since college but his best years were in freestyle around 211lbs and he went into dialysis making that cut. He’d die making that cut now.

He hasn’t made 184 since college but his best years were in freestyle around 211lbs and he went into dialysis making that cut. He’d die making that cut now.

If anything that case illustrates my point. It's not like he's naturally too large for 211, but he has poor discipline with his diet before starting his cuts, so he cut an unsafe amount of weight in an extremely short period of time for the 08 olympics, which ended up causing kidney failure after he made the weight.

DC is 5'9.5 at most and doesn't have a particularly large frame, but he just doesn't stay lean in the offseason.

Early stoppage.

Idk those looking like bambi legs to me... wish I could find a better closer video cuz I seen it before and fedor got up all wobbly... justified stoppage imo

If anything that case illustrates my point.
I wasn’t arguing, merely painting the picture with facts, no matter who’s to benefit.

I’d say 205 is the right class for him. Even 10years ago, he’s too big for 185, IMO....since we’re on the topic.

I wasn’t arguing, merely painting the picture with facts, no matter who’s to benefit.

I’d say 205 is the right class for him. Even 10years ago, he’s too big for 185, IMO....since we’re on the topic.
I agree DC was too big to cut to 185 in 2007, but that didn't need to be the case. He's just not disciplined with his diet, its well documented how unhealthily he tends to eat when not on a cut, which causes him to bloat up.

DC has just about the smallest frame in the 205 division and is probably the least lean. The guy looked comically undersized next to Jones and Gus. Him making 185 is perfectly feasible with his frame, but obviously its infeasible with his diet. IMO there's absolutely no intrinsic reason why DC can't be walking around at 210 or so, which would make a cut to MW achievable.

CrSBYkJVUAAGxsh.jpg

Hendo was 202 I believe against DC.
Thats nuts for lhw.

Henderson is now way a LHW.
There are middle weights that are 220lbs
I’m talking NATURAL weight. If he walks around at 202 that is a natural LHW. if you need to cut weight to make MW, you are not a natural MW.

lots of weird points being made on both sides....

the result was what it was and its not going to change no matter what, theres no big revelation thats going to put it in a different light.....

that being said .... people who shit on Fedor((like people who shit on Shogun)) are strange....the guy carries himself with respect and dignity...are those not notable qualities where some of you are from? he was a very exciting fighter to watch and always came to throw down, could grapple and pulled off a bunch of very nice submissions....are those not common elements of enjoyment we all share? lol how does the guy have haters? I just dont get it...

PS anyone that says they hate on someone "because of his fans" needs to look deeper within

He lost to natty mw…deal with it!
The fight was at hw. Calling Hendo a mw because he's small for a hw, would be like calling Fedor a small lhw. The size difference between the two that night is modest at best.

Also, "natty"? This was at the height of TRT Hendo.

image.jpeg

The fight was at hw. Calling Hendo a mw because he's small for a hw, would be like calling Fedor a small lhw. The size difference between the two that night is modest at best.

Also, "natty"? This was at the height of TRT Hendo.

View attachment 291093

Hendo had to guzzle water to make the 205 mark while Fedor walks around at 220-230 at any given day. The picture actually supports what I said, Fedor was MUCH thicker!! Again, old man rivers KO'd a man significantly thicker than him...DEAL WITH IT!

Hendo had to guzzle water to make the 205 mark while Fedor walks around at 220-230 at any given day. The picture actually supports what I said, Fedor was MUCH thicker!! Again, old man rivers KO'd a man significantly thicker than him...DEAL WITH IT!
He clearly wasn't. He had a slightly thicker trunk, and broader shoulders. Other than that, their dimensions are nearly identical. At hw, a ~15lb size discrepancy doesn't mean a lot. Nobody was saying Tim Sylvia fought a mw when Fedor pummeled him.

He clearly wasn't. He had a slightly thicker trunk, and broader shoulders. Other than that, their dimensions are nearly identical. At hw, a ~15lb size discrepancy doesn't mean a lot. Nobody was saying Tim Sylvia fought a mw when Fedor pummeled him.

Because Fedor was not a MW. He is a natty HW. I get what you are saying, but those are the cut offs for the divisions.

Who was fedor supposed to fight that pulled outl?

I remember a bunch of names being thrown around as possible teplacements like vitor, but Tito killed me...said he would figjt him but then starying making conditions like fedor would have to cut to a certain weight

Idk those looking like bambi legs to me... wish I could find a better closer video cuz I seen it before and fedor got up all wobbly... justified stoppage imo

Yeah from Hendo beating the back of his head like a drum .

Back