After Canelo who currently has the best resume in the P4P

MoreKane

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
at the moment

obviously Canelo's resume smokes everyone else, who is number 2 in your opinion?

If you consider Pacquiao out of the P4P, that is (which would be understandable, even if the Thurman win is a big, recent achievement).

Last edited:
Yes, Canelo isnt fit to sniff the steam off Pac's shit.
Canelo resume in the last 5 years is better than Pacquiaos. Pacquiao beating someone 15 years ago and 3 weight classes ago has no bearing on his ranking today.

Thurman win is bigger than any opponent on Crawford or Spence’s combined records. And it’s not one of his biggest

I think in context it's fairly similar to Porter. Very little separated Porter and Thurman and Thurman hadn't looked in his peak form for awhile.

I think in context it's fairly similar to Porter. Very little separated Porter and Thurman and Thurman hadn't looked in his peak form for awhile.
Yeah but Thurman beat Porter and Garcia and was still undefeated and the number 1 guy in the division at the moment based on their current runs/win streaks.

Until someone comes along and out does what you did, I don't believe you lose your spot just for being inactive.

Yeah but Thurman beat Porter and Garcia and was still undefeated and the number 1 guy in the division at the moment based on their current runs/win streaks.

Until someone comes along and out does what you did, I don't believe you lose your spot just for being inactive.

I don't think there was a real #1 guy in the division at that moment. Thurman was inactive for a long time and then looked awful against Josesito Lopez of all people. Because of that, I don't think a win over that Thurman is much different than beating Porter (there was already very little separating Porter and Thurman when they fought when Thurman was at his best).

I don't think there was a real #1 guy in the division at that moment. Thurman was inactive for a long time and then looked awful against Josesito Lopez of all people. Because of that, I don't think a win over that Thurman is much different than beating Porter (there was already very little separating Porter and Thurman when they fought when Thurman was at his best).
Sure but picking apart someone’s leftovers, and barely doing so, doesn’t put them ahead in my book.

Sure but picking apart someone’s leftovers, and barely doing so, doesn’t put them ahead in my book.

I'm not saying Spence was number one (although, essentially everyone would have clearly favoured Spence over Thurman), I'm saying there really wasn't a meaningful number one at that moment (and for that moment, I don't think there was much if any to choose between Porter and Thurman in terms of quality of win).

Estrada and I don't think it's all that close honestly; beating SSR, Cuadras and Viloria when they were at their peaks is an impressive task. Usyk is probably up there as well.

Roman Gonzalez is in that Pacquiao/Donaire sphere where his resume kicks the shit out of most others but he also shouldn't be in the P4P discussion IMO due to recency bias.

Back