scorpiorising

The world eater
@Brown
Reaction score
Event: AEW WrestleDream
Date: October 1, 2023
Venue: Climate Pledge Arena
Matches: All TBD

If anyone hear about tickets going on sale let me know, I'm just across the border and really want good tickets to this. Pretty stoked, haven't been to a live show since New Japan Pro Wrestling in Saitama a few years ago.

Attendance looks to be very low, but the card might be pretty great

Joe vs. MJF
Danielson vs. Sabre
Sounds like Ibushi vs. Takeshita
Cole vs Strong?
Moxley vs. Fenix?

Joe vs. MJF
Danielson vs. Sabre
Cole vs Strong?
Moxley vs. Fenix?

Joe vs MJF might be at Grand Slam. Don't forget Swerve vs Hangman and Darby will need a big match as he's from Seattle.

Gonna be Darby v Wayne.

Joe vs. MJF
Danielson vs. Sabre
Cole vs Strong?
Moxley vs. Fenix?

Why do you think that? Not saying you're wrong I'm just curious.

Tickets went on sale Friday and there's barely tickets left on floor and a bunch of upper Deckers left....but it's 4 days on sale with one match announced.

Also there's a regular aew event the day before in the same stadium. Is that normal?

Why do you think that? Not saying you're wrong I'm just curious.

Tickets went on sale Friday and there's barely tickets left on floor and a bunch of upper Deckers left....but it's 4 days on sale with one match announced.

Also there's a regular aew event the day before in the same stadium. Is that normal?

Not a long enough build + The advance + new PPV + too many shows/oversaturation + not a big enough market

Right now only 4136 tickets sold for a ppv in 2 weeks. I'm guessing 6500-7000 paid in a venue that fills 15000-16000 for wrestling. They will paper it up to 8500-9000, but Wrestledream will probably be the least successful AEW PPV ever.

Not a long enough build + The advance + new PPV + too many shows/oversaturation + not a big enough market

Right now only 4136 tickets sold for a ppv in 2 weeks. I'm guessing 6500-7000 paid in a venue that fills 15000-16000 for wrestling. They will paper it up to 8500-9000, but Wrestledream will probably be the least successful AEW PPV ever.
I don't know know specifics on how it all works. Do tickets usually sell out in less than half a week into ticket sales? I honestly don't know thr answer...

I don't know know specifics on how it all works. Do tickets usually sell out in less than half a week into ticket sales? I honestly don't know thr answer...

The first day of sales usually can predict the success of the show. All In broke 60k in its first day and may/may not have sold 80k total.

PPVs in AEW usually do 6-7k first day, Wrestledream did 3.6k and only had 2.5 weeks for any additional seats. That's fucking terrible.

Full gear did 6500 first day and we're 9 weeks ago away. It'll crack 10k paid given how much time we have to the show + the build will be better. The show with paper could crack 15k a near sellout. Full Gear will be a successful show and will probably do better on PPV as its 6 weeks after Wrestledream. Which is ample time for TV build, but who knows with Tony anymore. The guy is so conservative right now with booking. Stars aren't facing stars

The first day of sales usually can predict the success of the show. All In broke 60k in its first day and may/may not have sold 80k total.

PPVs in AEW usually do 6-7k first day, Wrestledream did 3.6k and only had 2.5 weeks for any additional seats. That's fucking terrible.

Full gear did 6500 first day and we're 9 weeks ago away. It'll crack 10k paid given how much time we have to the show + the build will be better. The show with paper could crack 15k a near sellout. Full Gear will be a successful show and will probably do better on PPV as its 6 weeks after Wrestledream. Which is ample time for TV build, but who knows with Tony anymore. The guy is so conservative right now with booking. Stars aren't facing stars
Is it normal to have a regular taping of the show, the day before, in the same arena as the ppv?

I know a lot of people who bought tickets to the collision show the night before (Saturday, ppv is Sunday) and at the same arena and are choked they didn't get tickets to the PPV event because they didn't announce the PPV until quite a bit after the collision shows were on sale.

People had hotels and flights booked already. I'm just lucky I didn't know about the regular show.

Is it normal to have a regular taping of the show, the day before, in the same arena as the ppv?

I know a lot of people who bought tickets to the collision show the night before (Saturday, ppv is Sunday) and at the same arena and are choked they didn't get tickets to the PPV event because they didn't announce the PPV until quite a bit after the collision shows were on sale.

People had hotels and flights booked already. I'm just lucky I didn't know about the regular show.

Tony has been way too aggressive in Chicago. Running so much so quickly clearly had a diminishing returns.

Also, not surprised people didn't know about the PPV. The recent Dynamite in Cincy, people don't know the show was occurring until after it was over. Advertising must be atrocious.

You know people who booked flights to go to a random episode of Collision?

ryan-reynolds-but-why.gif

Back