AEW Dynamite XVII - Presented by Chili's #JOINDARKORDER

Best Chili's Appetizer

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another good episode, outside of Matt Hardy's cte promo, every match and segment was solid.

Eddie Kingston should teach classes on how to keep a game face through an entire wrestling match. Always engaged. I’ll take his mugging and wincing over a thousand topes any day.

I think the Miro match sucked. Was the wrong team to debut against, and I don't like him and Kip together.

The match itself wasn't good, but I think the point was to show Miro beasting people on AEW TV. He didn't really take much damage and threw people around and seemed unstoppable, which even though the match was sloppy, the point of the match was executed well.

I don't really mind Kip and Miro together. Kip is a good worker and it gives Miro something to do while AEW's main event scene is pretty packed with people. Miro can spend a few months with Kip establishing himself to the AEW audience while the Main Event scene thins out.

-I think it was the wrong team for Miro to debut against but I like that he didn’t debut in a high end feud to lose like Archer and Brodie.
-Eddies promo work is beyond good
-Hangman/Uno was good
-Brodie/OC was another banger that made OC look good by being able to last that long
-Got a little curious when the lights went out but was kinda meh when it was Cody.
-Brodie’s promo was straight fire but whose going to tell him that wasn’t a dog collar, must’ve sent Silver to buy one .
-They need to get better all around but PP shouldn’t be live on the mic , would also rather see Marqeun instead of Isaiah against Jericho .
-JeriGOAT and MJF are money together, when they finally feud it’ll be must watch.
-Women’s tag was meh at best, I want more Thunder Rosa but it’s clear that she can’t be in the ring with Ivellisse, negative chemistry there.
-Main was good for what it was, Eddie was laying those chops in. Mox needs to stop with the knees, they don’t even come close to connecting never mind he throws them slow and soft.
- Hobbs spinebuster had Fenix reaching up trying to get his soul back. Need Penta/Mox after tonight.

Last edited:
I liked the parts of hte show I saw last night, besides Matt Hardy's promo which was just awkward since he stumbled over his words so often. I switched over to NXT for the rest of that segment. Cody returning didn't really do a whole lot for me, and I still think that Brodie should beat him. Mox/Kingston was good, I liked it a lot and it definitely had some elements of Japanese wrestling. The ending was amazing, and seeing Darby get absolutely murdered by Starks was great. Kinda surprised that they're doing that first match on TV since its been a pretty big feud so far, but thats okay. I am sure it will have a weird finish.

It was a decent show over all imo, carried by the mic work. Kingston replacing Archer was a blessing in disguise.

Miro's debut was a bit of a mess. Went too long as well.

The TNT belt match was pretty good.

I liked that they finally gave Private Party some mic time. They need it badly and aren't the only ones.

MJF and Jericho are so good together.

Will Hobbs continues to interest me.

Main event was fine. Nice and short.

Eddie's promo was awesome, obviously. I am intrigued to see what happens with him and Moxley, especially since Mox has Archer looming.

Pretty average show. I liked the main event.

The opening match sucked. It was so sloppy and a train wreck

Kenny Omega is one of the best wrestlers I have ever seen but man does he suck on the mic. Hated his commentary in the Page vs Evil Uno match.

Main event was good and I like how they set it up with an angle earlier in the show.

Fell asleep last night during the show due to feeling shit so I rewatched it today lol OC v Brodie Lee was good, Eddie Kingston is killer on the mic, that last half an hour was great including that Jericho and MJF. Everything else was solid or meh. Definitely not as good as last week but it was never gonna be

Fell asleep last night during the show due to feeling shit so I rewatched it today lol OC v Brodie Lee was good, Eddie Kingston is killer on the mic, that last half an hour was great including that Jericho and MJF. Everything else was solid or meh. Definitely not as good as last week but it was never gonna be
You forgot cody still looking like a :eek::eek::eek:

Kenny Omega is one of the best wrestlers I have ever seen but man does he suck on the mic. Hated his commentary in the Page vs Evil Uno match.

I'm a big Kenny fan, but I'm becoming less and less interested by the week. This Kenny and Hangman not wanting to team together story started 10 months ago already and Kenny is doing absolutely nothing with his lack of mic skills and just sitting on commentary during Hangman matches every week to keep me invested. I'm all for long term story telling, but with this one I'm just like "wrap this shit up".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back