Locked AEW CXII: CEO Bo$$ Bu$iness

Status
Not open for further replies.
Enjoyed Dynamite somewhat this week. A good deal of meh though. My god, the arena was pitch black behind the announcers.

Bruv vs Shibata was fine. Lotta forearms.

Bucks vs Private Party went for what seemed like an eternity. Weirdly fucked up finish as well.

Tony Hawk is All Elite!

Are we getting advocate Jericho now?

Women's 4 way was great! Mercedes.wav was hilariously awful on commentary. She really has to do something soon. Star aura fading in record time. I was certain she'd be wrestling Willow at the ppv. Not now - so who? That's literally the only match AEW have been building/hinting at for her.

Dustin Balor sets a Rampage match.

Went for a piss during the Kingdom match. Another meh match in this tournament thing.

Main event was good. I assume Swerve's title win is coming at Dynasty then? OK.

Is Mercedes not cleared to wrestle right now? She's getting the Bret Hart WCW treatment.

Just saw a picture from the crowd during Ospreay's entrance. This might be the most tarped off sections they've ever done in a big arena. They really gotta find some different venues. Is this 18k seater the only arena in Quebec City or something?

xEueUWx.png

Just saw a picture from the crowd during Ospreay's entrance. This might be the most tarped off sections they've ever done in a big arena. They really gotta find some different venues. Is this 18k seater the only arena in Quebec City or something?

xEueUWx.png

The person who chose Quebec City is a fucking Oaf of a promoter.

Quebec City and Montreal are very different places.

Quebec City is 90% francophone and a destination for nothing. He just went "Its a big city, we'll draw. "

No you won't. They are lucky they got as much as they did. You need french centric talents for a french centric market. It should be a french centric show.

This is the same Oaf who booked Regina, Saskatchewan for a Collision.

Quebec City is 90% francophone and a destination for nothing. He just went "Its a big city, we'll draw. "

No you won't. They are lucky they got as much as they did. You need french centric talents for a french centric market. It should be a french centric show.

I thought they had a new guy for that. Guess he's no better than the old one.

It still makes me laugh 1,900 people in Regina, Saskatchewan got CM Punk vs. Samoa Joe's first match against each other in nearly 20 years.

The new guy didn't pick this town. His first round of shows just started this week.

I hope he's been paying attention. This does answer a question I've had, though, about how far in advance the venues are booked. Now that the plate has been cleared hopefully he can get them into some appropriate places.

Could Will Ospreay have carried Jacques Rougeau to a good enough match to draw the house?

Just googled it, apparently that's the only arena in Quebec City that would've been able to house a show like Dynamite.

I don't think it's an issue drawing 4k, that's a great amount of people for a niche thing like a wrestling show, just sucks for the aesthetics when they have to book these big ass arenas only to tarp off a lot of it. The sound always seems weird and they limit the camera shots. I thought it looked weird during the 4 way women's match last night how when they fought on the outside, all 4 of them were awkwardly fighting on one side of the ring. Sucks when tarped off sections limit how a match gets worked cause they don't want to risk pointing a camera at empty sections.

I thought Dynamite was awful. They need to start having more charismatic people on the show and entertaining storylines.

I thought Dynamite was awful. They need to start having more charismatic people on the show and entertaining storylines.
I turned it off when Mercedes came out. I really wanted to see Swerve and Takeshita too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back