Advil

Respeezy

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I took some advil a couple of times after trainings and it helps me out in a huge way
I sleep very deep and wake up really well rested.

Compared to after rough trainings i often sleep light and wake up early or many times during the night.

I'm wondering if you guys take any similar drugs and if someone knows if it has bad effects in some sort of way, because i'd like to take it after every training if it isnt bad.

I took some advil a couple of times after trainings and it helps me out in a huge way
I sleep very deep and wake up really well rested.

Compared to after rough trainings i often sleep light and wake up early or many times during the night.

I'm wondering if you guys take any similar drugs and if someone knows if it has bad effects in some sort of way, because i'd like to take it after every training if it isnt bad.

If I have a really tough roll I smoke weed

advil pm or a generic ibuprofen pm, I sleep like a fat baby!!!
but I try not to take it all the time, don't want to be dependant on it, just save it for the those hard classes or accummulated soreness/injuries.

advil pm or a generic ibuprofen pm, I sleep like a fat baby!!!
but I try not to take it all the time, don't want to be dependant on it, just save it for the those hard classes or accummulated soreness/injuries.

Yeah thats what i do now, i don't really like the idea of any drugs though, so i only take it when i'm really f*'d up. ( that's also why i'm not into the smoking weed)

But i was thinking if it isn't bad for you and doenst have an addicting effect , why not take it more often.

Haha, it was kind of a joke. Anxiety, I used to have panic attacks a lot when I was younger. I haven't taken xanax in probably 3 or 4 months. I thought I was gonna have a bad panic attack so I took it. Turned out to be nothing so I went to Jiu Jitsu pretty drugged up. Ended up forgetting the entire lesson. As for rolling. My rolling felt a little cleaner, mostly cause xanax like shuts your brain off and I was just reacting instead of thinking/reacting. Werid expreience, passed out immediatly after and slept like a baby all night. : D

Yes, it can cause stomach bleeding, renal failure, and can cause you to test false positives for cannabinoids. So if you need it take it, if ice and a cool shower would work. Do that.

Melatonin. I take the 1 mg if I'm having trouble sleeping and it knocks me out within 30 minutes. I don't take any medication or vitiamins, so that's probably why the 1 mg works really well on me.

i just took two benadryl and whoa... hella drowsy and numb

i just took two benadryl and whoa... hella drowsy and numb

That's what I hate, I don't see a huge point in being super tired and allergy free. I'd rather be awake and with allergies.

I used to take an Ambien from time to time but stopped. It is habit forming and you do shit and don't remember it. Also I felt groggy the next day sometimes...

I love the way non-drugs taking people make advil or ibeuprofen sound like oxycontin or something lol. I was expecting to com in this thread and see "Oh man, every night I feel so sore I've resorted to taking 4 vicodins every night." not "OH MAN! 2 ADVIL MAKES ME PASS OUT MAN. SHITS INTENSE."

I smoke weed if I can't fall asleep any night.

take one of these and call us in the morning:

weed1.jpg

Take ZMA. Zinc monomethionine aspartate and Magnesium Aspartate. It puts you into REM sleep faster, your body repairs itself during REM sleep. You can have some wacky dreams at first though. It's all natural. Most people are magnesium defficient anyhow. It works for me. Nytol or Benedryl makes me super drowsy in the mornings. This doesn't.

I love the way non-drugs taking people make advil or ibeuprofen sound like oxycontin or something lol. I was expecting to com in this thread and see "Oh man, every night I feel so sore I've resorted to taking 4 vicodins every night." not "OH MAN! 2 ADVIL MAKES ME PASS OUT MAN. SHITS INTENSE."

I smoke weed if I can't fall asleep any night.

hahaha... this.

Minus smoking weed that is, I just could never get into it.

That's what I hate, I don't see a huge point in being super tired and allergy free. I'd rather be awake and with allergies.

Yeah benadryl is no joke, several hours later and i'm still feeling dizzy from it. This shit works, but I'm not taking it at work anymore, only at night.

Take ZMA. Zinc monomethionine aspartate and Magnesium Aspartate. It puts you into REM sleep faster, your body repairs itself during REM sleep. You can have some wacky dreams at first though. It's all natural. Most people are magnesium defficient anyhow. It works for me. Nytol or Benedryl makes me super drowsy in the mornings. This doesn't.

a buddy of mine swears by ZMA, but nothing beyond R.I.C.E. + ibuprofen has ever been required for me.

btw from wiki re:ZMA:
A 1999 study was undertaken on NCAA Football players during an 8 week spring training program. The control group was told to cease taking any nutritional supplements. Those who took the ZMA tablets showed greater increases in muscle strength[citation needed]. This study was funded by SNAC Systems Inc. (the patent holders) and one of the study's authors (Victor Conte) has equity in this company.

In 2004, a study funded by a research grant from Cytodyne (another supplement producing company) with 42 resistance trained males showed that ZMA supplementation had no significant effects on total and free testosterone, IGF-1, growth hormone, cortisol, the ratio of cortisol to testosterone, or muscle and liver enzymes in response to training. No significant effects were observed in changes in strength, upper or lower body muscle endurance, or anaerobic sprint capacity [3].

In another study done in 2006, a team of German scientists conducted a study on the effect of ZMA and testosterone levels in the body[4]. The result showed an increase in zinc secretions in urine making it much darker like blood, but no effect on the level of testosterone in the body.

I can never sleep after training, not cause of pain or anything, just that I can't fall asleep. I take Melatonin tablets regularly, and it's definitely helping. I also dream a lot more...not sure if that's related.

800 mg of ibuprofen and some tylenol help me sleep through the aches and pains.

Back