Advice needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

FELLA

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
I'm trying to keep my protein intake quite high, how much cottage cheese should I eat before sleep at night?

Also approximately 2 hours I have a tin of tuna with some wholewheat pasta for my carbs. I've been told there are better sources of carbs to eat before training, what would you guys recommend?

I believe you are over-thinking and misinterpreting some of the information you've picked up.

I'm trying to keep my protein intake quite high, how much cottage cheese should I eat before sleep at night?

2.82g/kg LBM.

Also approximately 2 hours I have a tin of tuna with some wholewheat pasta for my carbs. I've been told there are better sources of carbs to eat before training, what would you guys recommend?

Pixy Stix.

I used to snort those back in Elementary School.

Good point. Snorting is the preferred delivery mechanism.

Instantaneous biological/chemical reaction!

Last edited:
Your intake of carbs you are taking right now is fine as is. You can mix it up also, carbs are carbs as long as you are eating whole healthy foods in moderation and training hard. I wouldn't worry.

what you eat before bed won't significantly impact your total protein each day. a good rule of thumb for those who are trying to keep their protein high (relative term, but say, 300 or more grams per day) would be to take in 50g or more of protein per meal.

Drink a casein shake before bed, and whey when you wake up. The casein takes 7+ hours to absorb so it's perfect when you're sleeping, and the whey is quickly absorbed, so you get a good start for your day.

Drink a casein shake before bed, and whey when you wake up. The casein takes 7+ hours to absorb so it's perfect when you're sleeping, and the whey is quickly absorbed, so you get a good start for your day.

cottage cheese is slow digesting as well.

You not provided us enough information to help you, nor have you read the FAQs in effort to help yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back