Advantages Conor has over Floyd.(Warning reading)

I like how there is a thread warning for "reading". Most forums have a warning for "pics" or "rant", but Sherdog requires a warning for "reading".

LOL

Size? Yes. Reach? Questionable, I've seen conflicting reports on his actual reach. Younger? This is boxing not MMA skill and experience trumps athleticism and youth. Power? I highly doubt it, his power isn't gonna translate to the 10oz gloves, boxers have a scientific knowledge and genetic traits in the punching arts. All the weak chinned, limp wristed, slow brained genetically inferior boxers get weeded out by the time they go pro, and afterwards they're put through a strainer to weed out the rest. Getting to the top 50 in boxing isn't as easy as it is in MMA.
Floyd has brittle hands and hasn't knocked anyone out in years. Conor has more power and there isn't even a question about it. Floyd is 40 and hasn't fought in 2 years. His speed and quickness are on the decline. The youth and athetlism are big factors. Conors reach is 74" you can choose to believe whatever you want but it's officially listed as such. Boxing is a game of inches. Floyds declining speed and quickness plus having a reach disadvatange on an unorthodox southpaw with power could be dangerous.

Overlook it if you want. But I'm not going to completely discount conors advantages in this fight

Floyd has brittle hands and hasn't knocked anyone out in years. Conor has more power and there isn't even a question about it. Floyd is 40 and hasn't fought in 2 years. His speed and quickness are on the decline. The youth and athetlism are big factors. Conors reach is 74" you can choose to believe whatever you want but it's officially listed as such. Boxing is a game of inches. Floyds declining speed and quickness plus having a reach disadvatange on an unorthodox southpaw with power could be dangerous.

Overlook it if you want. But I'm not going to completely discount conors advantages in this fight

There is literally video evidence of Conor being measured at 72 inches in reach. Not that it matters because no one is ever going to out box Floyd from the outside

There is literally video evidence of Conor being measured at 72 inches in reach. Not that it matters because no one is ever going to out box Floyd from the outside
It's officially listed at 74"

conors reach is 72 not 74 go to 1:54

conor got no advantages for this fight is purely for money for all partys involved

Lmfao the guy also measured him to be 5'11 tall. Do you believe that too? Hahahaha

Floyd - arguably the best boxer of all time

Conor - er.. ah.. umm..

People discounted Foreman, Holyfield, De laHoya, Mayweather etc; because they were "old". Dude boxing isn't MMA where you have to worry about tearing ligaments in grappling or tearing a muscle during a scramble the wear and tear for them isn't physical it's psychological and Mayweather hasn't been hit in the head enough to be considered punchy did you see his Canelo fight? Or the Pacman fight? He's never been a "quick" or "fast" fighter he's been smarter and if you think him being 40 is a big deal vs Conor who had trouble vs Diaz and Van der Heen then you're overestimating youth in boxing. The way Conor throws punches is good for MMA but in boxing vs Mayweather he'd be tagged and be on his ass before he knew what hit him. I'm not discounting a punchers chance at all but let's be realistic Mayweathers fought actual boxers like Mosley and Canelo who's power easily dwarfs anything Conor can throw I saw the van der Heen video and his power isn't anything special with boxing gloves on.

But he does have a size advantage, reach advantage, he's younger, he has more power than Floyd, and he will most likely be unorthodox. That doesn't mean Conor is going to win but denying the fact he does have natural advantages is delusional

all these variables were created for the sole purpose of boosting bets.

Imagine if they were never talked about. Would reach really be considered an advantage for conor going into this fight? that literally means he's going to have to use his footwork and space to utilize that "advantage". in a sport where the skill level is through the roof having a reach advantage for someone far less skilled is more of a disadvantage. If length was the ultimate factor then NBA players would be the most elite of the elite. theres guys with 7'6 wingspans.

Last edited:
People discounted Foreman, Holyfield, De laHoya, Mayweather etc; because they were "old". Dude boxing isn't MMA where you have to worry about tearing ligaments in grappling or tearing a muscle during a scramble the wear and tear for them isn't physical it's psychological and Mayweather hasn't been hit in the head enough to be considered punchy did you see his Canelo fight? Or the Pacman fight? He's never been a "quick" or "fast" fighter he's been smarter and if you think him being 40 is a big deal vs Conor who had trouble vs Diaz and Van der Heen then you're overestimating youth in boxing. The way Conor throws punches is good for MMA but in boxing vs Mayweather he'd be tagged and be on his ass before he knew what hit him. I'm not discounting a punchers chance at all but let's be realistic Mayweathers fought actual boxers like Mosley and Canelo who's power easily dwarfs anything Conor can throw I saw the van der Heen video and his power isn't anything special with boxing gloves on.
In any athletic competition age is always a factor. Scientifically your body slows down. That's just a fact. You can continue to discount it but it looks ignorant on your part. It's also ignorant to say mayweather has never been fast or quick. It leads me to believe you've never actually watched his fights and are just talking out your butt.

Then on top of that you use a sparring video as justification of a shitty opinion. That would be like me watching Tom Brady miss passes in a practice session then say he's a shitty qb because of it and can't play at NFL level. The fact is you've never actually seen Conors power with boxing gloves on so you actually don't have a clue what you are talking about

all these variables were created for the sole purpose of boosting bets.

Imagine if they were never talked about. Would reach really be considered an advantage for conor going into this fight? that literally means he's going to have to use his footwork and space to utilize that "advantage". in a sport where the skill level is through the roof having a reach advantage for someone far less skilled is more of a disadvantage. If length was the ultimate factor then NBA players would be the most elite of the elite. theres guys with 7'6 wingspans.
What a shitty comparison, honestly do better.

Like the purpose of this thread isn't intangible qualities Conor may or may not have in this fight. We are talking about real tangible things that's can be measured and you have some mouth breathing casuals trying to discount actually advantages and call them disadvantages. It brings the term shertard to a whole new level really

Like it literally blows your minds that Conor has actually advantages in the fight that your brain can't comprehend it so you have to discount it in some way. It's hilarious

What a shitty comparison, honestly do better.

Like the purpose of this thread isn't intangible qualities Conor may or may not have in this fight. We are talking about real tangible things that's can be measured and you have some mouth breathing casuals trying to discount actually advantages and call them disadvantages. It brings the term shertard to a whole new level really

Like it literally blows your minds that Conor has actually advantages in the fight that your brain can't comprehend it so you have to discount it in some way. It's hilarious

An advantage would be a ruleset that caters to Conor. or an advantage would be having mayweather tie one hand behind his back.

Conor Mcgregor with 2" longer arms is not an advantage in the sport of boxing. creating distance in this fight is a mistake.

An advantage would be a ruleset that caters to Conor. or an advantage would be having mayweather tie one hand behind his back.

Conor Mcgregor with 2" longer arms is not an advantage in the sport of boxing. creating distance in this fight is a mistake.
What's a mistake is thinking this will be a typical boxing match. Spoiler alert: it won't be. The distance, the angles, the timing, the volume. It's all going to be different. Conor can't outbox Floyd. It's just not going to happen. But Conor IS longer than Floyd, he IS bigger than Floyd, he IS stronger than Floyd. He is unorthodox and he's a southpaw. Those are all thins Floyd will have to deal with and to pretend like they don't exist or won't be a factor is retarded. Lomachenko sparred with TJ and TJ was able to land and be somewhat successful against arguably the P4P top boxer right now because it took him time to figure out the angles and the timing of an MMA fighter. Floyd won't be able to instantly read all of what Conor does. He has no tape to work off of. Conor has natural advantages. Don't be delusional and think otherwise

What's a mistake is thinking this will be a typical boxing match. Spoiler alert: it won't be. The distance, the angles, the timing, the volume. It's all going to be different. Conor can't outbox Floyd. It's just not going to happen. But Conor IS longer than Floyd, he IS bigger than Floyd, he IS stronger than Floyd. He is unorthodox and he's a southpaw. Those are all thins Floyd will have to deal with and to pretend like they don't exist or won't be a factor is retarded. Lomachenko sparred with TJ and TJ was able to land and be somewhat successful against arguably the P4P top boxer right now because it took him time to figure out the angles and the timing of an MMA fighter. Floyd won't be able to instantly read all of what Conor does. He has no tape to work off of. Conor has natural advantages. Don't be delusional and think otherwise

as i said...

Throw in an nba player in mma and any opponent will have to deal with a strength, size, length, and everything you just mentioned. as I said previously it's not going to matter. the only advantage in this fight that means anything is the one that floyd has.

he's a boxer in a boxing match.

also Lomachenko would absolutely wreck TJ in a fight. it's sparring, it's not about beating your opponent, it's about learning
Lmachenko let those punches get thrown at him. you are grasping for staws when there isn't any. Reach advantage for Conor in this fight is absolute bullshit. I'm sure if you tried hard enough you could create a list of hundreds of bullshit advantages that Conor has

i.e: Mayweather Promotions wants to move the fight to the T-Mobile arena because it seats 600 more people, but icecube has his Big 3 event booked and the tmobile arena locked up that day. I'm sure the stress is weighing heavily on floyd while Conor trains with a clear mind.

as i said...

Throw in an nba player in mma and any opponent will have to deal with a strength, size, length, and everything you just mentioned. as I said previously it's not going to matter. the only advantage in this fight that means anything is the one that floyd has.

he's a boxer in a boxing match.

also Lomachenko would absolutely wreck TJ in a fight. it's sparring, it's not about beating your opponent, it's about learning
Lmachenko let those punches get thrown at him. you are grasping for staws when there isn't any. Reach advantage for Conor in this fight is absolute bullshit. I'm sure if you tried hard enough you could create a list of hundreds of bullshit advantages that Conor has

i.e: Mayweather Promotions wants to move the fight to the T-Mobile arena because it seats 600 more people, but icecube has his Big 3 event booked and the tmobile arena locked up that day. I'm sure the stress is weighing heavily on floyd while Conor trains with a clear mind.
A1 shit post mate, A1.

A1 shit post mate, A1.

Am I wrong? If Fabrico Werdum was facing Giannas Antetokounmpo in an mma fight. and I created a post saying the following:

Giannas has numerous advantages in this fight against Werdum!

#1 Age. Giannas is younger than Werdum, and is a world class talent athlete

#2 Athleticism. Werdum has never faced anyone as fast or athletic as Giannas

#3 Reach. Giannas has a reach that Werdum has never even trained for.

#4 Strength.

you don't think i'd sound absolutely retarded?

Conor has no advantages in this fight. This fight was setup to be a cash grab. Yeah if you want to try hard enough you could list multiple bullshit advantages. but the only true advantage in this fight goes to floyd. the fact that it's a boxing match is the only advantage of importance.

These advantages are more significant than people think. Let's go through these.

Age- 28 vs 40. That is a very significant difference. No fighter is near there prime at 40. Fact is the human mind and body begins to slow down even at 30. At 40 your reflexes are shot. Your cardio reduced. Testosterone low. This is a bad age for all the greats. Ali. Tyson. Silva. All whent down hill late 30s early 40s.

Size- Conor has fought at 170 pounds. That is his walking around weight. Floyd has fought most his career at 147 while walking around at like 155. He's a much smaller framed man. He's shorter. And most significantly he has 2 inches Less reach than conor. Conor dominates people with less reach. In a game of inches, every inch counts. This will come into play I believe alot.

Activity- Floyd has been retired more than 2 years, and in that same time frame Conor has been an active champion in the UFC fighting like 4 times since then and winning 2 belts. Just because Floyd decides to fight conor in August, it isn't the same as someone who has been in shape for 2 years than Floyd getting in shape in 2 months. Ring rust is real and many if not all boxer and MMA fighters have stated this. This is true for most skills. Take 2 years from something in your life your good at, then challenge someone else who's been doing it for 2 years straight, and tell me your not gonna have trouble. Video games basketball, baseball, fighting, doesent matter.

Southpaw- Floyd has trouble with south paws as everyone has stated. But why? Well the reason is simple. He fights out of the Philly shell. The Philly shell is inherently weak against an opposite stance fighter. This is because you shoulder roll the power hand of an orthodox fighter but can't against a southpaw. He's been tagged and wobbled and hurt by southpaws throughout his career. And most of those southpaws are way smaller than conor frame wise.

Mental- Floyd is a very mentally strong man. But I don't think Floyd has ever faced anyone that is as mentally strong and confident as Conor. Conor literally is a walking testimony of the law of attraction. He never doubts his abilities and is very vocal about what he will do. Floyd has intimidated alot of his opponents in the presser and in the fight. Conor will be the one clowning Floyd for the first time. Mental game is everything in fighting. Many believe Aldo is a better fighter than conor. But even if this is true. Conor mentally broke Aldo down, a undefetaed champion for 10 years.

you forgot to mention overall better boxing skill. there's levels to this ish man!! conor has the physical advantages of size, height and reach but i dare say floyd is still the physically stronger man.

conor has a punchers chance, anything can happen so i will give him a 1% chance of pulling off a miracle and it would be the biggest upset in sports history.
If you think Floyd is even close to Conor in strength your a serious retard Conor is much stronger and better fit than Floyd who will get cold cocked!

Other than age I don't think Conor has any significant advantage the size difference isn't a big deal since Conor is giving up speed and massive experience and Floyd has demolished fighters like Canelo, Cotto, De laHoya who are all about Conor's size if not bigger. Floyd's been fighting for more than 20 years, he's been training for 35 I doubt activity will slow him down. It doesn't matter if Conor's a southpaw, if top tier southpaws haven't been able to take down Floyd what makes you think Conor can? Nate, Mendez and Holloway lit him up and they're garbage boxers compared to professionals. Pfft, mental. Floyd wrote the book on psychological warfare and his quick wit is unparalleled Conor gets flustered when someone has a good comeback or calls him out on his bullshit remember how Nate shut him up? What's Conor got on Floyd? Floyds projected to become a billionaire in 5 years, he's a living dominant legend and arguably the single greatest pure boxer in history and he doesn't have to bend over for Daddy Dana when he's out of line. Sorry bro, Conor's coming into this fight incredibly handicapped.

I'm gonna be pulling for Conor but I don't see him winning, if the fight goes past the 3-4 round it's over for Conor and MMA has lost what little respect it's garnered the last 10-15 years. What's sadder is Floyd is paying the UFC not Conor himself, he's basically getting prostituted and paid as an employee. He's gonna be earning 20-25 mil and the UFC will probably bank 60-75 mil. Seriously fuck the UFC they didn't do shit in this and Conor is getting screwed.
Gotta love these tards who think the old Floyd is still there! HAHA! Conor is in his prime and will knock Floyd around. Floyd is coming from fighting guys like Packy. Floyd is over 40 and the speed advantage will be gone and Floyd will look like Fedor getting KTFO!

If you think Floyd is even close to Conor in strength your a serious retard Conor is much stronger and better fit than Floyd who will get cold cocked!

Floyd is a lifelong gym rat, he has less body fat than Conor, everyone that has gotten in the ring with Floyd has been man handled by his clinch game. Floyd is always within 5-10 lbs of his fighting weight. Floyd will be physically stronger on fight night.

Back