Adjustable dumbells

Robocok

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
club-125-on-black_stand.jpg I'm going to be setting up a small 1 car garage as my home gym. Obviously space is at a premium so these seem like a good option. I'm a bit shocked at how expensive some of this equipment is but that's what it is. I'll definitely have my eye on craigslist for deals on some of the stuff I want .

Does anyone have experience with this? I would do either the u90 or u125. This seems like a good use of space but I'm also blown away by the price.

And yes, I know I sound poor.

https://www.roguefitness.com/powerb...MI382i-pL92gIVjMBkCh1p1QCTEAQYBSABEgIgOfD_BwE

I'm reading a lot of good reviews but the bad ones really concern me. People talk about the pin bending over time and poor customer service. Maybe I should just get a dumbbell rack instead.

Yeah the pins are the biggest problem on these, that and if you lift them a certain way the pin can fuck itself for good. They aren't worth the hassle.

I've heard some bad stories about the pins and balance on the Power Blocks. I can vouch for the Bowflex SelecTech ones. I've had them for probably 10 years and use them at least 3 times a week and they still work perfectly. I've never had a plate fall off or anything scary happen. They feel good and are balanced well.

I think individual weights are still superior since you can toss them around and with them being just one chunk of material but it's hard to beat the convenience of the Bowflex and not needing a huge set of weights.

I've heard some bad stories about the pins and balance on the Power Blocks. I can vouch for the Bowflex SelecTech ones. I've had them for probably 10 years and use them at least 3 times a week and they still work perfectly. I've never had a plate fall off or anything scary happen. They feel good and are balanced well.

I think individual weights are still superior since you can toss them around and with them being just one chunk of material but it's hard to beat the convenience of the Bowflex and not needing a huge set of weights.
That's cool that they have one that adjusts from 10-90lbs and I'm liking the price a lot more. I can't find what increments the weight goes up in. Is it 5 or 10lb increments? 10 would be a big jump..

I have the ones that go up to 52.5lbs and it's mix between 3 to 5lbs. It's a good range.

I wouldn't mind getting the 90 ones. I didn't know they went up that high now.

I've got a set of the power block elites and love them. I use them all the time and have never had a single issue with them. I toss them around and they've held up great, I've never had an issue with pins/clamps. I've owned mine a little over 3 years now, you can add up to 90 lbs.

I've got a set of the power block elites and love them. I use them all the time and have never had a single issue with them. I toss them around and they've held up great, I've never had an issue with pins/clamps. I've owned mine a little over 3 years now, you can add up to 90 lbs.
I'm tempted. It's either those or solid dumbbells I can drop with no worries.

Powerblocks are pretty good. The only issue I have with them is the blockiness of them. It really does limit certain movements. If you have cash to throw around ironmasters dumbbells are the best money can buy for adjustable.

I used the Powerblocks when I was 1 on 1 training at one of those boutique gyms that focused on core and functionality, not brute strength and size gains. They seemed decent, but I would not want to drop one or be too rough with them. I did like the quickness of the weight change... easy for drop sets. Somewhat clunky feeling/cumbersome.. For my home gym on settled on these:

https://www.ironmaster.com/products/quick-lock-adjustable-dumbbells-75/

They are pretty much indestructible, and have the feel of regular dumbbells, however are MUCH slower on the weight change, and not condusive to drop sets or circuit training when I have to use different weights for different exercises. But overall I am glad I made the Ironmaster choice, there are no parts that will fatigue or bend over time. they are built to last.

Not a dumbbell, but I've got one of these. Works like a charm.

81Wbn9afs0L._SY355_.jpg

Just get some spinlock handles and 1-inch plates.

Back