Adidas_1

ArmyBJJ

MMA Training
Reaction score
shoe.gif

After recieving these shoes in the mail I put them through a test to see if they actually do what they state they will. The overall performace of this shoe suprised me on how well the sensor recognized what type of surface you are running on. I started running on a gravel road and the cushioning in the heel was somewhat soft. I then traded over to a dirt road and I felt the cushioning change to a harder volume within four steps. I could not believe that the change would incorporate that fast. The only con about these shoes is that that cost $250, but granted they do have a sensor chip in them and they are new. If you are able to spend the money on these shoes I would highly suggest it if you are a runner

http://www.adidas.com/campaigns/usadidas_1/content/index.asp

MMATrainer.com Founder
Travis Dykhoff

Wow, I hadn't even heard of these yet...sound really cool. I wonder how long the chip will last?

The only bad thing is...if shoes keep getting smarter and smarter, sooner or later they will invent a time machine and send an android back in time to kill John Conner...

Finally they start doing something useful, nobody wants pumps we want shoes that float on air and go at rocket speed and stuff, Adidas did great on implementing that, but it is just such a simple shoe, I just hope they go extremelly high tech with this stuff, maybe they'll add mp3 players and stuff.

Filipe_Br said:
Finally they start doing something useful, nobody wants pumps we want shoes that float on air and go at rocket speed and stuff, Adidas did great on implementing that, but it is just such a simple shoe, I just hope they go extremelly high tech with this stuff, maybe they'll add mp3 players and stuff.
lol sad but true

250 for a running shoe? Fucking Hell. Nike Free are cheaper than that and provide the muscle stimulation. Why pay a silly amount for air support when Nike Frees provide the better workout?

Superbeast said:
250 for a running shoe? Fucking Hell. Nike Free are cheaper than that and provide the muscle stimulation. Why pay a silly amount for air support when Nike Frees provide the better workout?

You must admit they are still super cool.

Dear Mr. Superbeast,

You obviously have never placed said running shoes on your weak lil feet.

A-1 s > ALL

Enough said.

E

nike free is a different kind of shoe, its that simple. it is for barefoot training with some kind of protection.
Cussioned shoes are better for running on hard surfaces to less impact on moving joints, like your knees, and hips.
Try running long distance in a pair of nike free. Different shoes for different tasks.

Its like having a wrench when you need a hammer

DeltaSigChi, please just stick to trolling OT rather than in here.

You'd be correct that I do not own a pair of these shoes, mainly because I'd rather spend that amount of money on something other than an overpriced Adidas take on Reebok Pump 2.0 shoes. Like say, have a weekend trip to Europe or buy a suit. Hell, I can buy both Nike Frees and Reebok Pumps for less than the amount a single pair of these kicks cost and have the choice of an auto adjustable cushioned shoe or a simulated barefoot running shoe while still having enough change for a night out. Which is why I think it's silly to spend such an amount on a single pair of shoes that'll last maybe 18months to 2 years max depending on how much use they get.

Adino, I personally don't like the gold highlights on the shoe. They look alright but the colour scheme isn't my cup of tea.

Superbeast said:
Adino, I personally don't like the gold highlights on the shoe. They look alright but the colour scheme isn't my cup of tea.

Yea the colors are kinda wierd, but the thought of a shoe that "thinks" is cool you have to admit. Next will be Sherdog MMA style gloves that do all the hitting for you. "They think 4 strikes in front of you."

Adino said:
Yea the colors are kinda wierd, but the thought of a shoe that "thinks" is cool you have to admit. Next will be Sherdog MMA style gloves that do all the hitting for you. "They think 4 strikes in front of you."

I'll concede the concept is neat but there are cheaper adjustable air cushioned shoes for less cash. Admittedly they don't think but they also are under 200.

Question: obviously there's technology in the shoe so what would happen if theoretically over prolonged a hole developed in the sole of the shoe? Would the cushioning be useless? Would the chip short out if you went running in wet conditions? Is there a warranty if a fault develops somehow?

Delta is trolling? Oh wait, no he's not. I have a pair of A-1s since the day they came out. In fact, being that I was an avid reader/subscriber of Runner's World, I knew about the A-1s since they ran their article (so many years ago) on the then unnamed futuristic shoe that Adidas had in the works. Being that you have yet to stroll into a runner's store and even pick up a pair of A-1s, while Delta OWNS them and uses them on runs constantly (for occasions of road-running, or combinations such as road and grass [Formations]), then it is you that is trolling here, sir. That is all.

E

i got a pair of nike frees and if you think they will last than 2 years your only kidding yourself maybe if you use them for 2 years in outer space where you feet dont touch the ground. THey are nice shoes i give you that but the padding and the stiching is fragile and side walls are quite then and wear out quickly with moderate use not to mention they attract filth like a magnet. I am sure the material itself on the adidas is far more durable the chip well that i have no idea but i am sure you can wear the shoe if it wears out just wont do any of the cool james bond tricks.

DeltaSigChi4 said:
Delta is trolling? Oh wait, no he's not. I have a pair of A-1s since the day they came out. In fact, being that I was an avid reader/subscriber of Runner's World, I knew about the A-1s since they ran their article (so many years ago) on the then unnamed futuristic shoe that Adidas had in the works. Being that you have yet to stroll into a runner's store and even pick up a pair of A-1s, while Delta OWNS them and uses them on runs constantly (for occasions of road-running, or combinations such as road and grass [Formations]), then it is you that is trolling here, sir. That is all.

E

I wouldn't buy a pair because no shoes outside of Gucci are worth that much to me. I wouldn't spend that much on a running shoe that's going to wear out over time simply because it's not a practical investment in my view. If you want to drop a quarter of a grand to go running more comfortably, great, as I stated before I'd rather spend my money on something actually worth a quarter of a grand.

You are a troll and everyone knows it. OT agree en masse. The fact you choose to antagonise me as a mod and suggest I am trolling just proves my point. I don't think I'd find many that would object to my opinion on that. If you own a pair, answer my questions about them and stop being so high and mighty just because you have a subscription to a magazine about running.

Do you refer to yourself in the third person all the time? You're like Eloy without the Ricky Gervaisesque smarmy charm.

Foxy MMA, Whether the Nike Frees would last two years is not the issue. They are easily replacable at their price. On the other hand at 250 the A-1s are not quite as affordable and replacable. Also as I said before, the Nike Pump 2.0 are the shoes I suggested are a more affordable substitute for the A-1s as you could afford both the Pump 2.0 and Nike Frees for less than the price of the A-1s and have the option of choosing which shoe you wanted to use based on where you were running.

when you say nike pump 2.0 do you mean the reeboks cause those are the only pump 2.0 that i can find

Boondocksaint said:
Wow, I hadn't even heard of these yet...sound really cool. I wonder how long the chip will last?

The only bad thing is...if shoes keep getting smarter and smarter, sooner or later they will invent a time machine and send an android back in time to kill John Conner...

Computers, Hover-soles, rockets, whatever...I want to be a freaking borg. I'm tired of being a bitch on the losing side. Where's my bionic shit?

I'm a heavy dude; the only running shoe I have ever worn where my feet didn't hurt after I ran are the New Balance 587's. It's the only shoe approved by the American Podiatric Association. It's not about performance- way too heavy- just comfort during conditioning.

And they only cost around $90.

Superbeast just shitted on Delta. Good job, now lets hope he stays away from this section of sherdog.

What exactly are your questions on the topic? I simply stated an opinion, you made a ridiculously uneducated post, and I pointed that out to you. Now your last reply was all over the chart in regards to coherence. What exactly does OT have to do with this particular thread? Furthermore, I didn't know that OTers opinion of someone had ANY relevance in serious subforums.

While your priorites might lie elsewhere, mine lie on ensuring I have the highest quality of tools for my activities. The decision to purchase A1s wasn't a difficult one - it's actually not that much of a big deal (PRICE). Either you're a serious runner or you're not. I'm not saying that you must own the A1s if you're serious into running, but I have regular formations that run through asphalt, track and grass - all in one run. The A1s are WITHOUT A DOUBT the best shoe for these type of runs.

EDIT: Try to contribute to the thread in which you're posting Soid. Your offsubject remarks are definitely borderline dubb worthy. That is all.

E

Foxx_MMA said:
when you say nike pump 2.0 do you mean the reeboks cause those are the only pump 2.0 that i can find

Yeah, my mistake Foxy MMA. I got the company names of Nike Frees and Reeboks Pumps confused in my stream of conscience as I was typing.

Delta, I'm glad you feel $250 is a fair price to pay for a pair of running shoes with a computerised cushioning system. I personally think otherwise so I guess we're going to have to agree to disagree. I still would rather have two pairs of shoes and change rather than one but if you're willing to drop that much on the counter so you can run a little more comfortably than you would normally without a quarter of a grand shoe on your feet, more power to you. I am curious about what there is to running to warrant a magazine ( put your left foot in front and then right foot in front and keep repeating this at a steady but fast pace is pretty much it in my opinion) let alone a frequently released one. I guess I'll have a look in WH Smiths tomorrow but what exactly are the articles in there about?

Back