Adesanya will have a similar fate to Wonderboy

47898.jpg
+
502191.jpg
=
529993.jpg

I see it already, tbh. He's a great striker but he gets hit ALOT. Guys who wont bite on his feints and have power can put him away. Not to mention throwing in some wrestling to fuck with his rhythm.

Chris Weidman: Probably one of the better "worse matchups" in the division. Chris beats him imo. Long, rangey with pretty decent striking and great tds, his chin and heart are where I can see Izzy taking over.

Jacare Souza: Don't really see how Izzy wins this fight, not after Jacare's last performance, 2nd worst/tied matchup imo.

Yoel Romero: Worst matchup in the division, Romero is a much better version of Kelvin Gastelum. He's more powerful, faster, better wrestling, with probably the only thing holding him back is his conditioning. I cannot see Izzy winning this fight and it would be amazing if he did.

Robert Whitaker: I would put him at a tie with Jacare Souza in terms of toughness. I think Whitaker showed vulnerabilities against Wonderboy so I believe he does struggle a bit, but he overcame that with his fight against Uriah Hall and Brad. This is a really fun matchup.

Paulo Costa: I think Costa knocks him out, just too powerful and fast, I'd put him above Chris Weidman in risk.

So out of all contestors, I think his best fight actually is against Whitaker. Outside of that, I see a lot of problems he needs to prove himself against.

He actually doesn't get hit a lot and has great defense. You have to give a bit more that just him getting hit a lot, I can say that based on some fights Floyd Mayweather gets hit a lot because I see him get hit. But I wont cause that's not that case at all. Fighters get hit in fights, but you have to look more deeper into it.

One statistic to take note about his defense. In every single one of his UFC fights, his opponent lands at a lower % than their career average. Kelvin came close but still below, Anderson lands 62% but vs Izzy he landed 42%. Brad Tavares landed at 22% compared to 40% in his other fights combined. So no, he doesn't get hit a lot and makes his opponent miss more than usual.

Right now...Izzy very likely beats all of those guys. The one with the biggest threat is Weidman and Souza if they are able to get him down. Costa and Whitaker get beat IMO. Romero would likely lose a decision cause he's so inactive and waits for that one bit shot to land.

Any poster who basically just writes how every other top contender in a division will be a current champ/ int champ without posting technical analysis of style match ups is someone to be ignored.

I mean, what the fuck is this shit:

"Paulo Costa: I think Costa knocks him out, just too powerful and fast, I'd put him above Chris Weidman in risk. "

Costa is the most overhyped contender in the division with no wins of substance. His style is still raw and he's never faced even a bit of adversity (namely because he hasn't faced anyone who is top 15 at MW). There's no indication in how he's going to perform against anyone in the top 5, let alone a striker who is as proven as Israel.

Truly a shitty post TS.
I stopped reading after Romero is a better version of Gastellum. How is that? Romero for one is a silver medalist. Kelvin has really good wrestling. Romero uses explosive, unpredictable strikes. Kelvin has excellent boxing. 2 completely different fighters IMO.

Would pick Adesanya to win against any MW at the moment except for Romero.

Guy just beat the dude that was set to fight for the championship belt but he’s overrated?

I feel like your entire argument is based on his last fight with Kelvin. The thing to remember is that Kelvin isn't a natural middleweight and is thus pretty fast/quick for the division. All the guys you mentioned are very slow compared to Stylebender. His striking is much more high level than you realize.

I mean, who knows? For all we know Izzy stops Chris' TDs or at least gets back up. People are making quite a lot of assumptions about how weak Izzy is against these fighters. Jacare, for example, has slower TDs these days. Sure, a beast on top, but Izzy's spraw is getting really good and his ability to scoot to his feet is impressive. Who is to say a hypothetical fight with Izzy wouldn't resemble Jacare's fight with Whittaker? Sure Izzy could lose all of these matches, but I think we're being a bit premature here considering that Izzy just got by a legitimate contender who was at the top of his game and posed challenges that Izzy hadn't yet faced.

I stopped reading after Romero is a better version of Gastellum. How is that? Romero for one is a silver medalist. Kelvin has really good wrestling. Romero uses explosive, unpredictable strikes. Kelvin has excellent boxing. 2 completely different fighters IMO.

Yep, another good callout than any MMA fan with half an eye would notice. Kelvin is a much more classic style of boxer, Romero's striking has generally depended on basic techniques, flurries, and freakish athleticism. IE, shooting a double leg then jumping into a flying knee.

TS doesn't have a fucking clue.

Your first statement was already debunked
"guy who have power and wrestling will put him away" umm Kelvin has KO powder and high level wrestling and look how that went?
Adesanya has amazing defense, what are you on about, look at his head movements. He has a 69% significant strikes defense....

haha love how people are so quick to try and bring negativity, a fighter does so well and people want to go out of their way and down play him. Why cant u just enjoy the moment, you'd be happier :)

Most likely. I just can't see him reigning for very long with no wrestling background. Anderson did it, but the landscape was different, not as many well rounded wrestlers. Now they're everywhere. But then again, he could prove me wrong and be on top for a long time. The sport has evolved and there are too many well rounded killers to put together a long title reign. All this is assuming he beats Rob. And that's not a given by any stretch.

you are a noob who talks 2 much... thats about it

I see it already, tbh. He's a great striker but he gets hit ALOT. Guys who wont bite on his feints and have power can put him away. Not to mention throwing in some wrestling to fuck with his rhythm.

Chris Weidman: Probably one of the better "worse matchups" in the division. Chris beats him imo. Long, rangey with pretty decent striking and great tds, his chin and heart are where I can see Izzy taking over.

Jacare Souza: Don't really see how Izzy wins this fight, not after Jacare's last performance, 2nd worst/tied matchup imo.

Yoel Romero: Worst matchup in the division, Romero is a much better version of Kelvin Gastelum. He's more powerful, faster, better wrestling, with probably the only thing holding him back is his conditioning. I cannot see Izzy winning this fight and it would be amazing if he did.

Robert Whitaker: I would put him at a tie with Jacare Souza in terms of toughness. I think Whitaker showed vulnerabilities against Wonderboy so I believe he does struggle a bit, but he overcame that with his fight against Uriah Hall and Brad. This is a really fun matchup.

Paulo Costa: I think Costa knocks him out, just too powerful and fast, I'd put him above Chris Weidman in risk.

So out of all contestors, I think his best fight actually is against Whitaker. Outside of that, I see a lot of problems he needs to prove himself against.
YOU SEE IT ALREADY? Ok Ms. Cleo calm down. Israel had a tough fight does that mean he was exposed absolutely not.

How many people including myself felt Jones lost to Alexander Gus in the first fight. Anderson Silva super dominant and guess what he got beat up by Chael Sonnen and only won because Chael decided to take the last minute off of the 5th round off thinking he has it in the bag, Silva won.
I always get a kick out of those like yourself who SEE IT COMING ...when a fighter whos undefeated in the UFC so far that he will lose. Sure he wll, they all do eventually. They all have there moment to face adversity, Jines and Silva two greats did.

Matt Serra knocked out the greatest welter weight of all time. C'mon.

I lost count how many times I heard somebody say someone has Khabibs number because Johnson touched his chin. "Conor will KO him for sure!" lol

Back