Media Adesanya claims that Pereira's calf kicks damaged his leg

Weren't people give Sean O malley MAAAD shit when this happened to him ?

King Louie is right. Those kicks caused damage and hurt his lateral movement. But what he's not saying is those hooks made angling laterally, especially right, very dangerous. Alex wants him to escape laterally all day. That's why his best option was a straight right or clinched, which is why it was the only thing that worked. Easy adjustment from Alex, uppercuts and flying knees should do it. Not sure how Izzy would adjust tho.

I watched the fight with no sound on my phone in a bar. I prefer watching without commentary these days.

it was the dreaded calf-kicks. Hard to escape being cornered when your toes don't work as fast they used to. We saw dustin porier do it against Conor in the rematch (Mcgregor vs Porier 2)

One dressed as the predator, the other as the prey.

alex-pereira-ufc-281-press-conference-1.jpg

Pereira landed forty something leg kicks and not one thing mentioned between DC and Rogan. But we get to hear DC say "he's tired" 24 times during round four.
He landed 22, Izzy landed 24. They mention leg kicks when they land, but they don't start making a big deal about it until one guy starts limping or clearly showing damage, especially when they're landing pretty evenly.

They did say Pereira looked tired, but then they said "5th round he gets to empty the tank without having to worry about any more rounds". There is often some bias with the commentating, but there's way more often bias with the viewer who's mad they aren't biased enough in favor of their guy.

It could be the reason why he was backing up straight and not circling left

Yeah. I wish there was an option where I can still hear the public sound and the fight noise but without the commentary.

That truly is the best way to watch the fights for me. If you watch a lot of older Pancrase and some Rizin and other Japanese orgs you can enjoy the sounds of fighting without the constant talking. Turning the sound off takes away form the experience of fighting too much for me, but listening to Cruz talk underhooks for an hour can be a bit too much on the other end.

Izzy's kinda like the Lil Nas X of the UFC. Or, I'm just stoned.

I'll have to re-watch it because I was drinking, but I remember thinking that Izzy wasn't moving well/like he typically does. Poatan's got mad power, those leg kicks didn't look horrible but clearly they did damage.
That, or Izzy was just getting Frozen like Elsa.
It was the placement of the leg kicks, he aimed em at the same spot always.

But izzy later aggravated it and made it worse by messing up his knee when throwing that leg kick in the 5th round

Damn I didn't notice it before but Israel's hairline is receding.

I’m on my phone and it doesn’t look like it to me. that’s low and a shitty thing to say about someone without definitive proof

Dude is super weird. I really don’t understand people that eat his bullshit up.

I thought he claimed it was his PCL Injury that caused him to lose...Fucking loser lol

Back