Add Matt Heafy of Trivium to the list of "celebs" who do BJJ

gocubs1815

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Didn't know that Trivium's lead singer and rhythm guitarist does BJJ. Here he explains a recent injury suffered.

For those of you who don't know Trivium, check them out on main stage of Mayhem Fest this year. Hope he's good at injury management, cause I still want him to be able to play when Mayhem comes to DTE on July 17!

Trivum - Strife (off latest album)

Damn, dude is lucky he smashed his right hand and not his left.

That's pretty cool though. I only ever listened to their album from like 2005, but the guitars on that album were sick as hell, so I definitely respect their skills.

Damn, dude is lucky he smashed his right hand and not his left.

That's pretty cool though. I only ever listened to their album from like 2005, but the guitars on that album were sick as hell, so I definitely respect their skills.

Listen to their "In Waves" album. They took some huge steps forward musically since '05-'07 when I first heard them.

Listen to their "In Waves" album. They took some huge steps forward musically since '05-'07 when I first heard them.

Eh..to be honest the nu-metal vocals don't do it for me. I like my metal brutal as hell. More of a sludge and doom kinda guy. I appreciate the technical skills though.

Back