ADCC refereing

kimurense

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
it's absolut bulshit!!

the fight between rania and leo (final of under 67kg) rania takes leo down twice, and does'nt get the points. leo did deserve to win in the end, but those were points, and rani should of won.

the fight between that renzo's guy called jamal and xande, xande takes him down off the mat (even though jamal was running from him and deserved a penalty for that), and after they score the points (wrongly in my op) they give xande head and arm control!!!!! WTF who are these referee's? who picks them up!? I really like most of the brazillian fighters, but this is really pushing it, and I don't think it does any good to the sport... just thought I could share my pain with you guys...

by the way, marcio feitosa, snowman, and rahdi (no ofence intended to any of them) are just to borring to watch!! I think I FF everyone of there fights :) plus the comentarys in the final matches are a little crap as well, but better then no coments at all I guess.

ps. a funny side note is that xande's corner (I could'nt see who it was) in his fight against jamal, kept telling him to pull guard after the points half time started :D I guess he didn't know the rules really well :))

I haven't seen those particular matches, so I'll refrain from debating the quality of the points given.

But as far as those fighters as boring, you shouldn't be watching ADCC. Rahdi, the Judo competitor, was entertaining, as he was throwing people left and right. Feitosa is simply amazing.

kimurense said:
it's absolut bulshit!!

the fight between rania and leo (final of under 67kg) rania takes leo down twice, and does'nt get the points. leo did deserve to win in the end, but those were points, and rani should of won.

the fight between that renzo's guy called jamal and xande, xande takes him down off the mat (even though jamal was running from him and deserved a penalty for that), and after they score the points (wrongly in my op) they give xande head and arm control!!!!! WTF who are these referee's? who picks them up!? I really like most of the brazillian fighters, but this is really pushing it, and I don't think it does any good to the sport... just thought I could share my pain with you guys...

by the way, marcio feitosa, snowman, and rahdi (no ofence intended to any of them) are just to borring to watch!! I think I FF everyone of there fights :) plus the comentarys in the final matches are a little crap as well, but better then no coments at all I guess.

ps. a funny side note is that xande's corner (I could'nt see who it was) in his fight against jamal, kept telling him to pull guard after the points half time started :D I guess he didn't know the rules really well :))

Jamal wasn't "running away" from Xande. He also took Xande down at least once and didn't get points. Xande had head and arm control and still Jamal easily got back to his feet. Marcio finished 2 of his opponents and gave a very entertaining fight against Rob "Spider" Dicenzo. I have no comments on the Snowman..............

a lot of the takedown scoring was sketchy throughout all the matches. also, and this was something that eddie bravo pointed out in the commentary, i think its fucked when you take someone down, and they turtle up and work from their back or get up to their feet and no points are awarded. i'd rather have a shot at taking someone's back from the turtle than be in their guard.

has for rahdi throwing people left and right, he threw ONE guy two times, and that was it. I don't say at any time he is a bad fighter, but a boring one. all his fights are spent standing up an not much action was seen.

feitosa is a tremendous competitor, but a boring one, his fight with dicenzo was a little more entertaining, because dicenzo is a very entertaining fighter, he (dicenzo) showed great skill and gave a good show.

jamal did take xande down, but he let xande turn on 4's so it didn't count, maybe thats bad, but those are the rules... maybe the rules shouled change, like eddie bravo states in one of the comentaries.

I am not slaging off ADCC, I think it was a wonderfull show, and worth the absurd amount of money I paid for it, but some of the fighters were boring, even though they were good competitors. I don't blame them, they are there to win, not to throw good fights. but I don't have to like, it was just something I had to get off my chest...

I was at ADCC 2005 in long beach and I have to say that the match that stood out in my mind the most was Jake Shields vs. Diego Sanchez, It was just so high paced and back and forth. Really a competetive match.

yeah, sanches really pushes the pace in his fights, his fight with marcelinho was pretty good as well

Remember that the first 10 min of ADCC matches do not have points to encourage fighters to take risks.

sometimes it works the other way arround, like the fight between leo and marcelinho, wendel (leo's corner) kept telling him to stall and wait for the 2nd half when the points start, among many others..

yeah i didn't like the new rules of takedowns at the ADCC this year. apparantly, you have to get FULL control for it to count

Back