Crime Active Shooter at Wisconsin Wayfair Mall

I'm not even saying that. There needs to be someone with some original ideas about how to change the culture though. Guns are NOT inherently bad. The attitudes that too many Americans ha e about them is.

I'm not saying nothing can be done and that we shouldn't try. I'm saying that simply passing more gun legislation won't do a whole lot. And maybe there are creative people out there who can develop ways to alter the culture we have, but I've yet to see it. I'm not smart enough to come up with the solutions, hopefully someone is.

Legislation gave us an assault weapons ban that led to consistent drops in firearm killings. Then legislation stripped that away, leading to mass shootings across the nation at a steady clip.

I don't see a way other than actually making laws, and not going "Fuck laws, criminals don't follow em'" like a lot of people seem to think, which is Rand Paul all the way. And you never wanna go full Rand Paul.......

My position is that America has unique capabilities, and it's extremely pathetic and not at all part of the American ethos to simply throw your hands up and act like we can't do anything about unique rates of violence due to firearms.

Pretending we just can't do anything because Americans cant change is just sad...........
Problem is people like you either ignore statistics or cry racism.

Legislation gave us an assault weapons ban that led to consistent drops in firearm killings. Then legislation stripped that away, leading to mass shootings across the nation at a steady clip.

I don't see a way other than actually making laws, and not going "Fuck laws, criminals don't follow em'" like a lot of people seem to think, which is Rand Paul all the way. And you never wanna go full Rand Paul.......
Except you’re wrong as usual.

The overwhelming majority of gun crimes and shootings are with handguns of course. I am a gun owner and I agree that citizens don't need assault weapons.

Banning handguns isn't gonna happen and I don't think could ever work here. I like owning guns, but am not obsessed with having them like some are.

I don't know the right answers, I really don't.

The overwhelming majority of gun crimes and shootings are with handguns of course. I am a gun owner and I agree that citizens don't need assault weapons.

Banning handguns isn't gonna happen and I don't think could ever work here. I like owning guns, but am not obsessed with having them like some are.

He keeps being wrong and won’t respond for some mysterious reason. You could still buy evil weapons like the AR15 during the AWB.
Assault weapons have been all but banned since 1986.

Yeah, it's a tightrope act for sure, especially given the laws given to us regarding things like assault rifles being from an age where something like a Puckle gun was a novelty.

He keeps being wrong and won’t respond for some mysterious reason. You could still buy evil weapons like the AR15 during the AWB.
Assault weapons have been all but banned since 1986.

My view has always been that I like having guns but feel zero need for private citizens to own assault weapons.

Just how I see it.

My view has always been that I like having guns but feel zero need for private citizens to own assault weapons.

Just how I see it.
And assault weapons have been all but banned since 86.
We all know the real problem with gun violence in this country...

And assault weapons have been all but banned since 86.
We all know the real problem with gun violence in this country...

I will be honest, I honestly haven't followed the laws that closely. I don't know what's banned and what isn't. I've only ever owned a shotgun and handguns. Bump stocks were obviously big in the news after the Vegas shooter, I pretty much only see bigger headlines about stuff like that.

I will be honest, I honestly haven't followed the laws that closely. I don't know what's banned and what isn't. I've only ever owned a shotgun and handguns. Bump stocks were obviously big in the news after the Vegas shooter, I pretty much only see bigger headlines about stuff like that.
An actual assault weapon must be capable of select fire. The federal AWB which was enacted in 94 and expired in 04 only made certain rifles like the AR15 look different. And he's wrong about the gun homicide rate increasing after it expired.

giI1179.jpg

Meanwhile, over 6600 people were murdered with a handgun last year vs over 350 with a rifle: https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u....019/tables/expanded-homicide-data-table-8.xls

Clinton urged lawmakers to reinstate a ban on assault weapons and high capacity magazines. "After they passed in 1994, there was a big drop in
mass shooting deaths. When the ban expired, they rose again," he said.
Clinton spoke too strongly about the drop. In simple numbers, mass
shooting deaths fell during the ban years —15 deaths over the course of the decade. But statistically, that number is too small to allow strong
conclusions. Even the author of the report Clinton relied on said the death rate might have declined —or levelled off. The rise after the ban
expired is supported by the evidence, although definitions of mass shootings will vary. The role of the ban remains unclear, but Clinton’s
statement did not specifically say that the ban was the key factor. Clinton exaggerated the decline but was right about the rise.

We rate this claim Half True.

https://www.politifact.com/factchec...ss-shooting-deaths-fall-under-1994-assault-w/

Back