• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Acne or Something else?

SteelFlex

White Belt
Reaction score
When I was shampooing my hair, I noticed that a red bump has appeared on the back of my neck above my hairline. It's less than a centimeter in diameter but its tender when I touch it. I looked through pics of staph and ring worm and it just didn't seem to be it. Could it just be a simple pimple? It's a bump and it's red and is tender when I touch it. There isn't any irritation of redness around it either. Just the red bump. Have had it for hte past two days.. hasn't gotten worse but from what I see, it hasn't gotten better either. My parents are telling me I'm overreacting and that it's a pimple but I don't want to be that guy. Thoughts?

Now I shower right after every grappling session along and am very hygienic.

I know I know, none of you are dermatologists which is why I set up an appointment which is in 2 days, I just wanted to know what you guys thought and your experiences on this matter. I haven't gone to grappling in the past two days cause of it and it's driving me nuts. I also looked through the search but nothing similar came up.

i get acne or zits in my hair quite often... usualy once every 2 or 3 weeks... they often hurt

I kid you not, it may be staph.

Regular Staph lives on your skin, in your nose, and on various parts of the body naturally. A staph infection occurs when the levels of staph are too high. An infection breaks out, and it looks like a pimple, it hurts, and it doesn't go away.

This is different from the MRSA staph, which can eat your skin away. Staph infections, if not kept in check, can spread or grow.

Try using an anti-biotic, and see if it starts clearing it up. If it doesn't change it, then it might be something worse than a simple pimple (because the antibacterial should help clear up an infected pimple).

I get acne there all the time, they tend to hurt like a bitch.

if it's on your hairline it could just be a nasty ingrown hair too, those suck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
romanych
Back