• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Accused by sever of not leaving tip when we did..

wbubbles

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Weird thing that happened to me this week (long yes, but oh well):

I was at my favorite restaurant/coffeehouse i go to once a week with a friend. We got this one server who's always unfriendly. We have the food and our server says shes cut from the floor and will leave us the check. She also says she was TOLD we didnt leave her a tip 2 weeks before when she was cut from the floor and left before we paid. Thing is, we ALWAYS leave around $10 tip on $25 bills. And we left it on a CREDIT CARD. So how is it possible she didnt get it..?

We tell her we can get our credit card statement to prove we had. She says dont worry about it. We felt bad and gave her a $30 tip. She left but then we wondered how this all didnt make sense. Restaursnts use POS systems.. woukdnt the drawer have been $10 over..? We went to the counter and asked for the manager. Manager seemee knowledgable of the whole sitiation so i guess it was all discussed prior unbeknownst to me and my friend. The manager seemed shifty but explained how the server didnt put in her ID when she took the table so it didnt give her the tip. So i guess the $10 got swallowed by the restaurant sales at the end of the day..? Still not sure what she was saying. She also said the server was cut from the floor THIS day but jumped at the chance to serve us when we came in. So why would that server want to take our table when shes ready to leave if she thought we were "non-tippers?" So i statt thinking this bitch dod it to fuck with our food as revenge.. orrrr maybe she knew something weird was going on with her tips and coukd use it as an opportunity to bring it up with us if she served us to find out if we had really left a tip..? The manager also said no one told the server we didnt tip (contradicts what the server said).

So this means one of 2 people were lying: the server either made up that someome told her we didnt tip to shake us down for more money.. or, if she was telling the truth, then someome told her we didnt tip to steal the money from her and thus throw us under the bus as desdbeats.

I emailed the owner asking for an explaination and he basically apologized a lot and offered a credit. Said its wrong for servers to ever bring up tips at all. Said he didnt think our food would be messed with because they have cooks (though servers make the coffees i think). And he said "i guess the manager explained it poorly how the tip was gone." But he didnt explain shit either even though i asked him to. I replied back asking for an explaination but havent heard anything more so i guess hes done answering.

Its just all bullshit because we are always extra good tippers and im annoyed this happened at my favorite place. We're not going back now anymore because i feel now we'll forever be looked at as "those people." I also feel who ever lied about the tip shoukdve been fired. Just wanted to vent.

You know what needs to be done?

Everyone in the restaurant needs to be fingerprinted.
PRONTO!

We need blood tests, shoe impressions, eye witness testimonies, and a background check of everyone involved.

But wait........
We need to call our ballistics expert to find out if the shell casings on the floor matched the revolver found in the shed.
Scientists have determined that the hair found on Billy's shoes didn't match the rape profile we had for Jenny.
Testing from the rape kit showed an unknown DNA sample.

If it wasn't Billy's DNA, then who's DNA was it?

tenor.gif

Last edited:
I'm going to make a guess... The server noticed she didn't receive a tip and when she said it to management they brushed her off, leaving her not knowing if you tipped or not. She suspected the management were hiding it from her so she mentioned it to you to try and find out if you did tip or not. She probably went back and told the manager you did tip and is wondering why they didn't give it to her. The management probably explained that she must not have put in her ID and so her tip got lost and reminded her to remember to do it in future or she might miss out on tips. You probably didn't have gross stuff in your coffee.

I used to be a server at a family (read: low end) steakhouse and trust me, tipping is fucking stupid. The only people who benefit are the company and people who work at top tier joints. Everyone else is screwed, including the customer (unless you're one of those inhumane assholes who don't tip).

You know what needs to be done?

Everyone in the restaurant needs to be fingerprinted.
PRONTO!

We need blood tests, shoe impressions, eye witness testimonies, and a background check of everyone involved.

But wait........
We need to call our ballistics expert to find out if the shell casings on the floor matched the revolver found in the shed.
Scientists have determined that the hair found on Billy's shoes didn't match the rape profile we had for Jenny.
Testing from the rape kit showed an unknown DNA sample.

If it wasn't Billy's DNA, then who's DNA was it?

tenor.gif
they should check the age of the bugs on the corpse to obtain a rough idea of death date and compare it with other recent non tippers to help develop an offender profile.
Also they should stop and frisk all minorities IMO

Last edited:
Weird thing that happened to me this week (long yes, but oh well):

I was at my favorite restaurant/coffeehouse i go to once a week with a friend. We got this one server who's always unfriendly. We have the food and our server says shes cut from the floor and will leave us the check. She also says she was TOLD we didnt leave her a tip 2 weeks before when she was cut from the floor and left before we paid. Thing is, we ALWAYS leave around $10 tip on $25 bills. And we left it on a CREDIT CARD. So how is it possible she didnt get it..?

We tell her we can get our credit card statement to prove we had. She says dont worry about it. We felt bad and gave her a $30 tip. She left but then we wondered how this all didnt make sense. Restaursnts use POS systems.. woukdnt the drawer have been $10 over..? We went to the counter and asked for the manager. Manager seemee knowledgable of the whole sitiation so i guess it was all discussed prior unbeknownst to me and my friend. The manager seemed shifty but explained how the server didnt put in her ID when she took the table so it didnt give her the tip. So i guess the $10 got swallowed by the restaurant sales at the end of the day..? Still not sure what she was saying. She also said the server was cut from the floor THIS day but jumped at the chance to serve us when we came in. So why would that server want to take our table when shes ready to leave if she thought we were "non-tippers?" So i statt thinking this bitch dod it to fuck with our food as revenge.. orrrr maybe she knew something weird was going on with her tips and coukd use it as an opportunity to bring it up with us if she served us to find out if we had really left a tip..? The manager also said no one told the server we didnt tip (contradicts what the server said).

So this means one of 2 people were lying: the server either made up that someome told her we didnt tip to shake us down for more money.. or, if she was telling the truth, then someome told her we didnt tip to steal the money from her and thus throw us under the bus as desdbeats.

I emailed the owner asking for an explaination and he basically apologized a lot and offered a credit. Said its wrong for servers to ever bring up tips at all. Said he didnt think our food would be messed with because they have cooks (though servers make the coffees i think). And he said "i guess the manager explained it poorly how the tip was gone." But he didnt explain shit either even though i asked him to. I replied back asking for an explaination but havent heard anything more so i guess hes done answering.

Its just all bullshit because we are always extra good tippers and im annoyed this happened at my favorite place. We're not going back now anymore because i feel now we'll forever be looked at as "those people." I also feel who ever lied about the tip shoukdve been fired. Just wanted to vent.

That's a really crummy situation and one that would bother me as well. You go out of your way to tip generously, only to be accused of not tipping at all - you went above and beyond offering her an extra $30 in tips. You guys didn't do anything wrong, and to be honest, she shouldn't have taken it. Tips are not owed and the fact she accepted extra money even though you offered to show proof is a huge sign of entitlement.

With all of that being said, it wouldn't surprise me if the manager is screwing around with the tip system, and some staff are getting shafted. A good friend of mine was a waiter for a hole in the wall Indian restaurant, and unless somebody tipped in cash, he would never see his share. There was always some excuse by ownership as to why he wasn't getting a share of the tips.

I have a habit of asking the waiter/waitress if they prefer to be tipped in cash. In most instances, they say it doesn't matter, but once in a while, you will have somebody be really grateful because they only got a small cut after it was shared among other staff.

If you think the owner is legit and was sincere in his apology, I guess you could continue to patronize the place if you enjoy the food. Otherwise, I would find a different place to eat.

P.S: This reminds me of time when a waitress lost her shit at my friend for tipping in coins. The weird thing was that the tip itself was like 30%, he just didn't want to carry change around and left everything for the tip (In Canada, $2 and $1 denominations are coins, so it wasn't like there were hundreds of pennies on the counter). She actually stopped us before we left and said "It's an insult to tip someone in coins" - he apologized in the moment, but on the drive home he was PISSED.

Lol did you really make all that fuss over trivial bullshit like this?

40% tip. Jesus. And my wife says I over tip when I give 15%, she'd have my balls if I tipped 40%.

Back