PBP ACA 159: Reznikov vs. Vartanyan on June 16 (aca-mma.com)

Vartanyan basically beats Rez Bell to Bell and gets the GNP finish in the 3rd.

Should be signed to the UFC, they are dropping the bal hard on Vartanyan

Should be signed to the UFC, they are dropping the bal hard on Vartanyan

Vartanyan said he's going to try one more time to sign with the UFC after the GP. He may very well he the hardest fight at 155lbs in the world for Islam.

Vartanyan Hand fighting was impressive, he just didn't let Reznikov establish his grip.

Edit. Reznikov looked extra juiced lol

His take down defense is pretty stellar, his ability to get back up to his feet and his cardio are phenomenal. Not really sure what you mean.
I just mean he got taken down quite a few times in this fight and though he got back up to his feet it still can score in the minds of the judges. Plus his opponent gave up on a few of the takedowns but Dagestani’s are notorious for being relentless with their takedowns and guys like Islam stick to their opponents very well.

I just mean he got taken down quite a few times in this fight and though he got back up to his feet it still can score in the minds of the judges. Plus his opponent gave up on a few of the takedowns but Dagestani’s are notorious for being relentless with their takedowns and guys like Islam stick to their opponents very well.

I mean, Reznikov is a better wrestler than probably everyone in the UFCs top 10 besides Arman and Islam and he couldn't secure control a single time vs Eduard. Eduard has also beaten guys like Bagov in Sambo who tossed Islam to mat and ripped his arm off. Dunno, Eduard has even trained with Khabib, currently trains with Arman and the senior coach of the Russian Olympic wrestling team. Has teammates who are Sambo world champs like Jora. There probably isn't a fighter with the combination of defensive wrestling and the endurance to back it up for 25 minutes MMA to challenge Islam than Eduard. Just seems like a weird criticism, you must think Gaethje, Poirier, Charles etc really, Really suck at defending takedowns.

His get ups and separations are the best in the sport. Never lets people fully establish grips and never loses hooks getting up. He'd rather get briefly taken down to bounce back up rather than letting the opponent establish a dominant grip, which works well for me. No point fighting a takedown with everything you've got if you have to sacrifice a bad position once you hit the mat if you get taken down. Varts will fight it as long as is realistic, then kind of go down on his own terms to scramble back up and use the positional change to grip fight.

Dude's amazing at it.

Back