News ACA 114 Daniel Omielańczuk vs Tony Johnson For The Vacant HW Belt Nov 26

Vulcan

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
124847901_3691830830896502_354720741604428019_o.jpg

124389945_3680999015313017_6742807472774648838_n.jpg

that chubby latvian is much more athletic than he looks.

Why is the belt vacant? What's happening with Vakhaev?

ACA hasn't said why
I think back in September they said to Russian media that both HW and LHW champs vacated their belts and left. LHW champ Yagshimuradov was in UAE in October, to sign with UFC as a replacement fighter and I think you can see him in videos with Khabib. HW champ was talking about leaving ACA and going to UFC since Spring, if I'm not mistaken.

I think back in September they said to Russian media that both HW and LHW champs vacated their belts and left. LHW champ Yagshimuradov was in UAE in October, to sign with UFC as a replacement fighter and I think you can see him in videos with Khabib. HW champ was talking about leaving ACA and going to UFC since Spring, if I'm not mistaken.

It kind of amazes me how confident these ACA guys are that they'll be signed by the UFC when the UFC has historically been very hesitant and selective in whom they sign from the Russian block. I mean, they didn't even sign Tiger Magomed (Their ex-middleweight champion being another example).

I mean, Vakhaev has a 9-4-1 record. You think the UFC is going to be impressed by that?

Daniel got smoked

It kind of amazes me how confident these ACA guys are that they'll be signed by the UFC when the UFC has historically been very hesitant and selective in whom they sign from the Russian block. I mean, they didn't even sign Tiger Magomed (Their ex-middleweight champion being another example).

I mean, Vakhaev has a 9-4-1 record. You think the UFC is going to be impressed by that?
Vakhaev said in interview that he was offered to replace Abdurakhimov in fight vs. Gane but he didn't took the fight because he was sick with COVID (maybe not sick, but Covid positive).

Vakhaev beats most of the division imo.

Anyway good performance by Johnson, I've never seen Omielanczuk starched like that.

Impressed a lot by Dipchigov too, thought Haratyk would knock him out. Another impressive first round win to add to the Reljic fight.

He seems to have a great chin though I don't think he is a potential champ or anything but I reckon he could walk a lot of the division down, drag them to the floor and sub them.

https://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Parker-Porter-24916

I see Martinek fought in this event, too. I guess PFL released him from his contract. He got his ass beat by some nobody, too. I dont expect to see him in the PFL or any other major promotions anytime soon.

Martinek didnt looked that bad in the first round but he should really work on his cardio, he got tossed around in the second round badly, and the fact that he fought a man-mountain that missed the HW weight limit also didn't help.

The Omielanczuk KO was brutal, if I am not mistaken the first time Omeielanczuk got KOd (in 34 fights).
Dipchikov looked good, too. Also interesting, he had his training camp in Poland with Piotr Strus, who he lost to, and now he beat Haratyk, who won against Strus not that long ago.

But in general a quite average event.

Last edited:
Martinek's such a bust. That's twice he's had a fairly high profile fight and has shit the bed both times. He's one of those fighters, like Kenneth Bergh, who LOOK like they should be good UFC calibre fighters and could be very marketable but in reality they're bang average.

Back