Absolute division

Y0cc3

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I'm uncertain why my thread was deleted, but I try to put this in as respectful manner as possible because I'm not trying to make anyone mad. So I sincerely hope this won't be deleted. Please

I feel like UFC is going the wrong way with divisions. Isn't UFC about finding the best MMA fighter on earth? Isn't UFC about putting the best against the best? So how does different divisions fit this?

Whaaaaa???

And no, since when has the UFC's strap line been "to find the greatest fighter on earth"??

It's about sport, and money :)

That's the old business model the old owners used and eventually failed.

It's entertainment and a sport that's being sold now.

Emanuel-Yarbrough-vs-Takase-tuck-n-roll.gif

daiju_takase_vs_emmanuel_yarborough_in_pride_fc.gif

That's the old business model the old owners used and eventually failed.

It's entertainment and a sport that's being sold now.

I don't disagree with that. I just personally don't get it. Why people don't want fighters to desire to be the best instead of being the best small guys or something. I also feel this limits the king division, the heavyweight! Guys like Weidman, Silva, Machida, Belfort, Rockhold, Gus, Jones, DC (obviously), Evans, Teixeira, Davis, Rumble (obviously), Jacare
could bulk up little bit and bring lots of depth to the HW (which should be open weight anyways). What I loved about old school boxing was that the best smaller guys usually tried to become the heavyweight champions too, regardless of their size. They had that ambition to be the best and the fans loved and respected the HW the most. Now I feel that people are too caught up in the marketing trick called P4P and it has eventually led to the death of boxing and probably will lead to similar fate in MMA too eventually. If people loved and respected HW like they used to, Klitschkos would be huge stars and boxing would generate lots of hype. Now the big stars are basically the size of 6th graders and you (well I can't at least) just can't get as hyped for these small guys as you could get for big guys, no matter how how skilled they are. There's a reason why the biggest stars in history are heavyweights (Karelin, Ali, Tyson).
There's something epic about two best fighters on earth fighting that isn't found when two best bantamweights are fighting.

But yeah, this is just my mindset. Everyone has their own.

Because sports is about skills, not just the best.

It's pretty much about who's the best. Usain Bolt isn't the most technical sprinter but who cares, he's the best and you watch him because he's the best.

Pretty sure we found the best of the best a few years ago

vjkofwB.jpg

Back