• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

About Rousey. in 1998, Serena & Venus Williams said they could beat any man ranked

Are you trolling? im not sure honestly because i read a lot of your posts and I realize your a huge WMMA fan(more specifcally a huge ronda rousey fan, not that there's anything wrong with this)

but im wondering do you REALLY believe that she would beat the BW male champ?

I wouldn't favor her to win no since she'd be destroyed standing up lol. If she managed to get it to the ground, however, I suspect she'd be competitive with male BW grappling-wise... can't prove it but that's why I want to see that grappling match. :icon_chee

oh god another one of these threads where everyone gets insecure and misogynistic

I wouldn't favor her to win no since she'd be destroyed standing up lol. If she managed to get it to the ground, however, I suspect she'd be competitive with male BW grappling-wise... can't prove it but that's why I want to see that grappling match. :icon_chee

as you can see from my sig, im the nostradomus of mma, that being said i don't rousey beating any top 15-20 male bw the ground, but i think she taps out some of the lower levels BWs on the ground(like maybe those guys from the Phillipines )

I'm seriously concerned for Sherdog given how many people assumed I was stating that 203 wasn't below 200. The point was "Man beat girls, not women" and then simply pointed out who beat them. There was no indication for "203 is above 200" in the sense of ranking.

The premise was not noted toward the ranking, but toward the age. Hence the progression of facts. It's not that hard guys.

age is irrelevant in this sport, Martina Hingis was the most dominant tennis player to come out in some time. She was only 16.

tracey Austin won her grand slam at 16.

Boris Becker won the Wimbledon at only 17

Usually around 18 is when you start making your move and you're old by around mid 20s and washed up by 30.

if you're good, you're good.

You're being really delusional here. Every Flyweight and Bantamweight on the roster would destroy Rousey wherever the fight goes.

in 1998, Serena and Venus Williams said they could beat any man ranked 200th or worse in a game of tennis. Karsten Braasch, ranked 203th, accepted their challenge and easily beat them, 6-1, 6-2.

Before the matches, Braasch played a round of golf in the morning, drank a couple of beers, smoked a few cigarettes, and then played the Williams sisters for a set each, one after the other.

If you think Ronda could beat a ranked fighter in a sport where strength is even more important than in Tennis, you're delusional.

Worst analogy of all time...

Rowdy has vast strength, so sayeth the Juggernaut.

in 1998, Serena and Venus Williams said they could beat any man ranked 200th or worse in a game of tennis. Karsten Braasch, ranked 203th, accepted their challenge and easily beat them, 6-1, 6-2.

Before the matches, Braasch played a round of golf in the morning, drank a couple of beers, smoked a few cigarettes, and then played the Williams sisters for a set each, one after the other.

If you think Ronda could beat a ranked fighter in a sport where strength is even more important than in Tennis, you're delusional.

Rousey would lose to any ranked male mma fighter, barring a huge fluke. But she'd beat most boxers near her size in an mma match, just as the Williams sisters would beat a lot of male ping pong players in a tennis match. Some of you guys just don't understand the huge advantage a highly skilled grappler has over people with zero grappling experience. Its more than enough to overcome a strength and athleticism disadvantage. FWIW, Serena would annihilate the top male boxers or MMA fighters in a tennis match too.

Last edited:
Much respect to Karsten Braasch who played the sisters like a real man and not Bobby Riggs who threw the match vs. Billie Jean King to pay off his gambling debts and satisfy a feminist agenda.

Rousey would lose to any ranked male mma fighter, barring a huge fluke. But she'd beat most boxers near her size in an mma match, just as the Williams sisters would beat a lot of male ping pong players in a tennis match. Some of you guys just don't understand the huge advantage a highly skilled grappler has over people with zero grappling experience. Its more than enough to overcome a strength and athleticism disadvantage. FWIW, Serena would annihilate the top male boxers or MMA fighters in a tennis match too.

I seriously hope you aren't comparing the non-physical nature of a male / female ping pong game to the purely physical nature of a male / female fight.

This topic is a joke, Ronda doesn't stand a snowballs chance in hell, and anyone who believes otherwise is delusional.

We gotta get a pettition to dana white... Set SOMETHING/ANYTHING up with Honda vs a male.... I know next to impossible.. but maybe say its for charity or something?

We gotta end this stupid debate.... I'm on the side of Rhonda not being able to beat a local tough guy at a bar. Mayweather vs Honda would be over in 10 seconds and one shot.

I seriously hope you aren't comparing the non-physical nature of a male / female ping pong game to the purely physical nature of a male / female fight.

This topic is a joke, Ronda doesn't stand a snowballs chance in hell, and anyone who believes otherwise is delusional.

I'm comparing a great grappler to a stronger person who can't grapple for shit. Go watch Genki Sudo sub Butterbean who was literally twice his size. Go watch half of Sakuraba's career. Or Minowaman's. You're blinded by chauvinism and acting like this hasn't been proven over and over and over again in MMA.

pretty much this, but you are talking about a tennis player versus a tennis player. If a Williams sister said they could the #1 ranked player in badminton (in tennis), they might be right. Haven't some guys from different sports said they could beat her easily? That would be different.

Back