About Robbie Lawler's striking

Xavier85

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Is there anybody else in MMA who combines fluid and technically perfect striking with unbelievable power like Lawler does? Cub Swanson? Vitor?

Cub? Vitor? Nick?

images

His style is something to behold, and he uses it well to find the holes in his opponent's defense. Watching him continue to improve over the years has been interesting.

Experience and versatility added with athethism and ambition and thats what you get with lawler

He can lead with 1-2s, 2-3s or head/body kicks and then take a step back and use the check hook and even add in the occasional uppercut followed by another hook. Lawler is a better striker than vitor but couldnt beat him at this point

I didn't mention Nick, someone else did. You disagree with Cub and Vitor having fluid striking + KO power? At least state reasons why.

You said fluid and technically perfect striking. That's not Vitor or Cub and I'm aware that is was some other fool saying Nick who also does not fit those criteria.

The one thing that really amazes me is how he controls his pace. He can flip the switch from relaxed and slow to killer with the snap of a finger. I think it really throws his opponents off because it looks like he's gassed, when really he's just controlling pace, waiting to explode.

You said fluid and technically perfect striking. That's not Vitor or Cub and I'm aware that is was some other fool saying Nick who also does not fit those criteria.

Fair enough. I disagree with what you said about Cub but I can see an argument for Vitor's striking not being fluid. Thanks for the explanation, though.

Big lawler fan here. First fight I ever seen was lawler vs tiki on the Tito shamrock undercard. Lawler was only 19 at the time and I thought he had scary hands back then. But I still think Diaz wins this fight if they were to fight again. Lawler was teeing off on Diaz back then.diaz has way better defense now. I remember Diaz dogging on lawler, saying he wasn't as good as he thought he was. Then lawler was pumped in the fight, but he got rocked a few times. And then robbie kinda would get reckless and pissed when he should have covered.

Back