• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

About Flat Earth..

Status
Not open for further replies.
First off I don't believe your friend lives in Seattle or this silly back story because I found similar images online in anti-flat Earther threads with a simple google search and discussing the same topic. To add to that countless globe Earther's have come in these threads and made similar claims.

I don't lie on forums, you can go back through my post history and ask others that know me. I've been posting here for over a decade, I grew up in Seattle and my whole family lives there. I'm sure I have talked about Seattle a multitude of times if you want to go back though my posts history.
I'm a avid Seahawks fan, wrestled with Jens Pulver in JC, had a team mate who fought Josh Barnett in amateurs. Do some detective work on me if you feel like it.

I have tons of friends and family in Seattle and that photograph was taken outside of Seattle Dec 13, 2011. (I actually thought it was brand new, it popped up on my Facebook feed and said "Dec 13", I didn't realize it was a "Shared Memory")

To add to that these shadows have a simple explanation and that's the angle the light is hitting the mountains from. Of course, during the day the sun will be right overhead and these shadows won't be possible. But when the sun is rising in the distance (actually getting closer on the flat Earth model) the source of light is no longer shinning above the mountain but because of the distance is shinning at a much different angle.

Notice these shadows are only cast when the sun is rising and only during a certain time of year. Here's a website filled with these pictures.

mount-rainier-shadow-3.jpg

mount-rainier-shadow-8%25255B2%25255D.jpg

http://www.amusingplanet.com/2013/10/the-shadow-of-mount-rainier.html

The website also mentions.

So as I've said these shadows only appear when the sun on the flat Earth is making it's approach and during a certain time of year.. The shadows can't be cast while above the mountain so it only makes sense it's cast from a great distance on flat Earth and the angle of the suns rays hitting the mountain are vastly changed because of the distance.

Some one earlier in the thread said you were saying "2+2=5", that's exactly what you're doing here. We all know how shadows work. If you draw a straight line from the source, past the obstruction, and onto the casting surface, that will show you exactly where the shadow will land. There's no way you can sketch a condition based on the Flat Earth model, that shows this effect.

You would need draw a straight line that starts at 3000 miles up, goes down to 14,410 feet, then goes back up to 30,000 feet. Only MC Escher could draw something like that.
It easy to sketch this in a round earth model.

Now why isn't this phenomenon more frequent if the light from the sun comes in parallel from 93 million miles out? Shouldn't this happen every morning not just seasonally? Correct me if I'm wrong.

The frequency of this effect has more to do with the cloud condition. You need to have nice flat consistent cloud ceiling at just the right height, and you need clear skies to the east of the mountain to allow the sun to pass through.

Last edited:
As the son of a god? I do not. I'm not inclined to religion.

I attended a baptism a while back and even that felt really weird to me. Ritualistic. Unsettling.
I suggest just praying to god yourself if you're not used to church, I understand that it can be jarring for those who have never been. Also, try reading the Bible in spite of some of the complex passages in the Bible there is much wisdom in the Bible appropriate for everyday life just try reading Proverbs for instance.

I suggest just praying to god yourself if you're not used to church, I understand that it can be jarring for those who have never been. Also, try reading the Bible in spite of some of the complex passages in the Bible there is much wisdom in the Bible appropriate for everyday life just try reading Proverbs for instance.
You're a pretty good troll. You even have the other troll @ripskater starting to believe in a flat earth.

If you believe the earth is flat you are a pleb and suffer from some sort of mental illness.

You have and will continue to deny any proof presented anyway. You could deny anything at all exists if you resort to just yelling "fake" when you can't explain something. The weird part is when you subject your own beleifs to the same level of scrutiny you give to the widely accepted one it completely collapses.

I think @Scyther hates women with flat asses so he's projecting.

It's all good scyth. Go find you a nice round one.

Last edited:
I think @Scyther hates women with flat asses so he's projecting.

It's all good scyth. Go find you a nice round one.
You're still obsessed with me? You had to mention me in two random posts. And you never bothered to disprove those bible scriptures that talked about flat Earth. Sad.

I like feeding the troll.

What does NASA do with that 18 billion dollars?
You never answered my question first off, and to who knows what they do with the money, whatever the heck they want to do with it.

I do not believe anything. I don't believe the earth is flat, and I don't believe the earth is a globe. What I can accept is that there are questions on the Flat Earth side that haven't and most likely cannot be answered by the mainstream thought. The truth is none of us actually know for sure whether it is either or. We haven't seen tangible proof for ourselves.. With our own eyes. Never will.

Can only speculate.

You're still obsessed with me? You had to mention me in two random posts. And you never bothered to disprove those bible scriptures that talked about flat Earth. Sad.
Relax. Every once and awhile when I see the flat earth pop up in the front of Sherdog you get my juices flowing.

Just a little rub.

And regarding Bible verses. No. When I see people using the Bible out of context (not rightly dividing the word of truth) I just ignore them. I am not here to fix people's false perceptions of the Bible.

I contrasted your train of thought regarding the Bible and salvation. That's all that matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back