Social Abortion story - thing we didnt know

The Penetrator

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
This was a shocker to us, it all ended great, but heres the story short:
  • A good friend of mine got pregnant with her husband.
  • Doctors said child is gonna have problems - it showed on all tests they did, birth is going to be a risk for both mother and child, and child is definetly going to have anomalies - its a "risk pregnancy" and complications are bound to happen.
  • They finally decide to have an abortion - but now its too late, they cant find a doctor willing to do it in Croatia, they have to go to Slovenia. Things get complicated and she eventually gives birth here
  • Child born is ABSOLUTELY FINE. Perfect young boy, healthy, not a single problem
  • Doctors explained that their test, like every other tests, cannot be 100% accurate
  • Doctors also explained that in last week of pregnancy its known that womans body does the final adjustions and solves alot of potential problems with the child, adding that many of todays "problems" are a product of modern medicine being able to detect stuff.

So now were happy, celebrated, lil Leo is now 2 months old still shows no problems and smiles alot :)

I had no idea this could happen, but they talked to doctors after and found out its not that uncommon ( turns out exact thing happend to other couple they know ) with alot of problems child is supposed to have based on tests done during pregnancy, that they "solve themselves" in the last days of pregnancy. Also noted alot of todays "problems" are a product of modern medicine being able to detect such "abnormal" things.

Anyway, thats the story, just to put things in perspective. We were all shocked, none of us know this could even be a possibility.

Cheers!

Last edited:
Doctors said child is gonna have problems - it showed on all tests they did, birth is going to be a risk for both mother and child, and child is definetly going to have anomalies

Child born is ABSOLUTELY FINE. Perfect young boy, healthy, not a single problem

Where were the tests performed?

Planned Parenthood?

I'm not surprised whatsoever.
Makes you wonder what the accuracy percentage is with these doctors tests across the nation, and their criteria for the tests.

And if the initial doctors get a fee paid by the abortion doctors.

Where were the tests performed?

Planned Parenthood?

I'm not surprised whatsoever.
Makes you wonder what the accuracy percentage is with these doctors tests across the nation, and their criteria for the tests.

And if the initial doctors get a fee paid by the abortion doctors.

Everything was done at the hospital.

Were from Croatia, for any problem you just go to hospital / family doctor and they usually do a good job solving it without much hassle or questions asked...

Yeah truly this did make us wonder about the accuracy of the tests and decisions being made. Hard to describe all the emotions, they dont wanna get abortion, but they have to, but now they cant, then they prepare for the worst, and at the end everything is great... And they were very close to getting an abortion, at the end thank god they couldnt schedule a doc willing to do it this late in pregnancy...

Croatian doctor

MV5BM2IwOWE4ODgtNWNhNS00YjYyLThjZjYtMzNlMGIyNTIyZWMzXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjY1OTEzMzc@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

Croatian doctor

MV5BM2IwOWE4ODgtNWNhNS00YjYyLThjZjYtMzNlMGIyNTIyZWMzXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjY1OTEzMzc@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

LOL :D

Well were apart of EU so every test, medicine, procedure, is EU approved.

We have some good doctors, we have shit ones too, overall personally im satisfied how they treated me and my family. You always have an option to pay for a private doctor if you dont wanna go to state hospital anyway...

Main difference between here and USA is probably in USA they just give you pills for everything ( at least from what i see in movies/tv shows, it seems normalized in USA that everyone has tons of pills at their home they just take for all sorts of problems ) - while here if youre not like 50 years old or desperately need a pill, most usual problems are solved with exercise, natural medicines, or some light medication... Like recently i had a stone in salivary gland, started hurting when i was eating, i was expecting antibiotics and surgery, but doctor told me to suck on a lemon :D and after 2-3 weeks stone went out by itself lol...

For the sake of the child, you friends may want to keep it to themselves that they tried to kill him.

Aside from that, I hope that building their family is very rewarding for them. Every child born represents some or the other potential risk to its family and the broader world, but they also represent some of the greatest potential rewards that existence has to offer.
If you're looking for guarantees in this life, your best bet is probably to terminate yourself.

Congrats to them! I’m genuinely happy for them.

With any sort of medical tests, the doctors provide the best information they can, and the patient needs to decide what course of action is right for them, based on th information they have.

And they should have the freedom to do so.

There was a thread on here or maybe it eas just an article i read that stated those test are 85% INACCURATE! For downs syndrome for birth defects. The article essentially said they know these tests barely work and they are pushing people to get the tests and even abortions. We told them repeatedly we did not care when my wife was pregnant and they did the tests anyways. And if the results are "bad" they immediately switch to pressuring you to kill the child so they dont "live a difficult life not worth living". Its sickening.

My wifes co worker has this exact story as well. Got tested. Doctors pushed for abortion because child would be abnormal. Child is fine.

There was a thread on here or maybe it eas just an article i read that stated those test are 85% INACCURATE! For downs syndrome for birth defects. The article essentially said they know these tests barely work and they are pushing people to get the tests and even abortions. We told them repeatedly we did not care when my wife was pregnant and they did the tests anyways. And if the results are "bad" they immediately switch to pressuring you to kill the child so they dont "live a difficult life not worth living". Its sickening.

My wifes co worker has this exact story as well. Got tested. Doctors pushed for abortion because child would be abnormal. Child is fine.

Of all the arguments the pro choice movement uses, "The child's quality of life will be poor" might be the worst (especially when it comes to birth defects, down syndrome, etc as being "more likely" by the markers used in prenatal testing). I mean, by that rationale why wouldn't parents simply be allowed to opt to kill their newborn AFTER it was born if they see the baby has down syndrome? Now it's 100% confirmed and the baby will never know if it's "euthanized" quickly right? And the parents get the "choice" to not spend their lives caring for a person with special needs (and notice many parents of chilcren with down syndrome care for the children into adulthood). But of course this would be (rightfully) considered barbaric and horrific by all but the nuttiest fringe.

And of course the unborn baby doesn't have the right to "choose"...but if it was able to communicate that early, how many would choose certain and instant death over a "challenging life"? I'm going to hazard a guess of about zero.

According the national downs syndrome society prenatal diagnostic tests for downs with CVS and amniocentesis is almost 100% accurate in diagnosing downs syndrome and can even tell the different types. However there is up to 1% chance it causes a miscarriage.
Regular screening with blood test and sonogram are far more inaccurate and only provide a rough estimate of the chance of downs. Like you have a 1 in 150 chance of downs etc.
Sounds like this couple only had the latter part.

The story about your wife also sounds like bullshit. Any tests for Downs start with screening tests and if they show a high enough chance they move on to diagnostic tests which are almost 100% accurate. Either that or you have some 3rd world doctor.

Last edited:
According the national downs syndrome society prenatal diagnostic tests for downs with CVS and amniocentesis is almost 100% accurate in diagnosing downs syndrome and can even tell the different types. However there is up to 1% chance it causes a miscarriage.
Regular screening with blood test and sonogram are far more inaccurate and only provide a rough estimate of the chance of downs. Like you have a 1 in 150 chance of downs etc.
Sounds like this couple only had the latter part.
Yeah down syndrome was not right to put in my post. New Zealand was bragging saying they cured down syndrome a while back. They did not, they abort all the down syndrome babies. Ill look for the article on the inaccurate testing this morning
Edit: this may be it reading it now

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/01/01/upshot/pregnancy-birth-genetic-testing.html

Yeah down syndrome was not right to put in my post. New Zealand was bragging saying they cured down syndrome a while back. They did not, they abort all the down syndrome babies. Ill look for the article on the inaccurate testing this morning
Edit: this may be it reading it now

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/01/01/upshot/pregnancy-birth-genetic-testing.html
Article is behind a paywall and seems to be about genetic testing

Can´t seem to find any info of New Zealand claiming anything of that nature.

Of all the arguments the pro choice movement uses, "The child's quality of life will be poor" might be the worst (especially when it comes to birth defects, down syndrome, etc as being "more likely" by the markers used in prenatal testing). I mean, by that rationale why wouldn't parents simply be allowed to opt to kill their newborn AFTER it was born if they see the baby has down syndrome? Now it's 100% confirmed and the baby will never know if it's "euthanized" quickly right? And the parents get the "choice" to not spend their lives caring for a person with special needs (and notice many parents of chilcren with down syndrome care for the children into adulthood). But of course this would be (rightfully) considered barbaric and horrific by all but the nuttiest fringe.

And of course the unborn baby doesn't have the right to "choose"...but if it was able to communicate that early, how many would choose certain and instant death over a "challenging life"? I'm going to hazard a guess of about zero.
Lol no, the 14th Amendment would prevent “euthanizing” a child that has been born, simply because the parents choose to.

Congrats to them! I’m genuinely happy for them.

With any sort of medical tests, the doctors provide the best information they can, and the patient needs to decide what course of action is right for them, based on th information they have.

And they should have the freedom to do so.
Ugh. This is how the world thinks and it’s absolutely horrific.

Ugh. This is how the world thinks and it’s absolutely horrific.
Aw gosh I’m so sorry.
Personally, I think the idea that the patient doesn’t get to choose, and the government should choose for them, to be horrific. But you do you.

Lol no, the 14th Amendment would prevent “euthanizing” a child that has been born, simply because the parents choose to.

I'm not talking about constitutionality. That's just also getting into "person" and the definitions etc. What is considered a "person" changed (in terms of who was granted due process) since that amendment was written too, right? That wasn't my point. I was talking only about the rationale involved.

I'm not talking about constitutionality. That's just also getting into "person" and the definitions etc. What is considered a "person" changed (in terms of who was granted due process) since that amendment was written too, right? That wasn't my point. I was talking only about the rationale involved.
How has the definition of personhood changed since the 14th was ratified?

And the constitutional issue of personhood is what this whole issue hinges upon. That’s the main constitutional issue of abortion, and it’s the thing that would prevent the scenario you mentioned. It’s not a small matter.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back