Abandoned Amusement Parks

GearSolidMetal

Plutonium Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
I went to a local amusement park afew times when I was little, here in Wichita KS, called Joyland. It was small, only a few rides, pretty good classic Rollercoaster for the location. Pretty good memories of the place.

The family closed Joyland in 2005 after it started to lose money, and its been the victim of looters, vandalizers, and the elements for 8 years now.

Any of you guys live near one of these relics of childhood memories?

joyland1.jpg

REJd2.jpg

CRW_3612_med.jpg

e30bbcf65ba4e2b580b82d0c7ccb07c5.jpg

f0a23a737fe0a74af409f35a779109d6.jpg

tumblr_lscvudIxGP1qj087ho1_500.jpg

Places looks much better when they are dead imo. Makes you go into semi-depressive state and gives you something to think about it.

I would like to walk around there. Reminds me of Chernobyl, or of almost dead Ukrainian village.

1339248169-people-live-in-exclusion-zone-around-chernobyl_1264354.jpg

EDIT: Actually one of your pictures is from Chernobyl.

Looks cool, I wonder why they didn't try to sell it?

There's one that I visited a couple of time that was shutdown due to a number of incidents, an employee got struck and killed by a roller coaster and a disabled child fell 30ft from a ride. They got heavily fined, and due to the bad reputation they were getting went bust a couple of years ago.

I would love to be 15 again with a quad of acid at one of those.

Great photos. You could do some great filming at these places for low budget films.

yeah looks like the chernobyl level on call of duty

Looks like a cool place to do a fatal pots overdose

The only one I've ever seen is the abandoned water park that's on the way to vegas.

I had a really good picture of myself sitting on the top of a rusted old decommissioned bumper car smoking with my first girlfriend in an old junkyard that we'd sneak into. Probably the best picture I've ever been a part of.

The girl I dated after her ripped it up one night while I was taking a piss.:(

Strange how places get like that in some countries. Over here, the mess would instantly be cleared up, sealed off and rebuilt on.
Kids would have a field day climbing all over that.

I love this kind of thing.. Abandoned factories, buildings etc. are also cool as hell.

Fascinating. Beautiful and kind of sad at the same time.

Back