a way to get out of a guillotene

hockeyfacekilla**

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
this may only work if you're the same height or taller, but when we were standing, i was in a guillotene, it went to the ground. i couldn't grab his legs for he was leaning. i went to my knees and moved backwards to get him on his knees. (I don't know if this is a counter to guillotene or not) my head was in his left arm. I don't know why, but while he had me he kept rolling around, i think it was to crank right when he was doing roll 2 i threw my left leg over his neck, and pushed the leg down and i had a typ of triangle choke. i'm going to see if i can do this without the rolling part. i don't think i can get my leg up there if we aren't rolling but i'll give you an update

hockeyfacekilla said:
this may only work if you're the same height or taller, but when we were standing, i was in a guillotene, it went to the ground. i couldn't grab his legs for he was leaning. i went to my knees and moved backwards to get him on his knees. (I don't know if this is a counter to guillotene or not) my head was in his left arm. I don't know why, but while he had me he kept rolling around, i think it was to crank right when he was doing roll 2 i threw my left leg over his neck, and pushed the leg down and i had a typ of triangle choke. i'm going to see if i can do this without the rolling part. i don't think i can get my leg up there if we aren't rolling but i'll give you an update

That doesn't sound valid to me.

I've never heard of that...you should start training or get some instructionals. Those would show you the safe and proper ways to escape.

It does sound weird. I show escapes from the guillotine choke on my video. I will give you an unusual escape. If your opponent sits back in his guard with a guillotine choke on you, stack up against your opponent and then let your feeet drop out fast. I know it sounds weird but I was taught this by an excellant JJ artist years ago. I seldom see people use it but I have used it several times.

www.kibuninc.com

If it worked for you then great,...i find that fighting the hands and backing out is a great guillotine escape that works for me, as well as many other people.

Without a doubt fighting against the hands works. I was trying to give a different escape then you usually see so that he has more options. I just hate being choked out.

i'm always looking for new moves and escapes. i just thought i'd share it. i tried it again and it worked, but i had someone else try it and couldn't do it. maybe it's because i'm flexible.

Man, why can't ppl here just train???? With that being said, since I have a shitty shoot, I get caught in guillotines. However, they still get taken to the ground..only with my head guilotined. Now finding a guilotine defense was ofcourse mandatory so I find this one works the best:

WHen taken to the ground and say your opponent has your head guilotined on his left side (your right).

1. Grab his wrist (of the arm thats under your neck, not his pulling arm) with your right hand and pull down.
2. Post with your left hand
3. Lean forward
4. Explode on to your feet and go on your toes
5. As you are still leaning forward

Ask your friend to choke you from this position- you can take a nap in his guilotine , or read a book or whatever at this point. Since you're on your feet and leaning forward so much he has shit for leverage to choke you with. At thie point you can calmly extract your head or just walk sideways out of his guard. Simple as that.

i know those, it's easier said then done, i do train, i was just giving another optionthat worked for me.

Why are people jumping on the guy for trying a new escape? "Why can't you just train?" Hello, people who come up with new moves and escapes that actually work are pioneers, they're the ones who take jiu-jitsu to the next level.

Back