• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

A theory: McGregor/Chandler got nixed due to unexpected low interest ($$$)

Who knows? I'm not that interested, but then I would have watched it for sure as I watch all PPV's.. but I haven't heard any casuals talk about the fight..which means you may be right.. nobody knew that he was fighting.. but, he would still make more PPV buys than any other star

Man, IDGAF the fight is off. Sounds like good 3 for 30 episode though. Wouldn't put anything past this being possible, but there's no proof behind this.

I feel for Chandler. He wasted the last bit of his prime chasing the red panty night. He could have had some relevant fights.

I think ACTUAL conspiracies in the world can be fun to listen to. The things people come up with here though.......

I would think UFC would've had a % contract with Conor that gives him a bigger share. So I don't think it was that bad. There's clearly interest in seeing Conor return atleast, good or bad.

My theory - Chandler was training his ass off and getting ready for the fight, and Conor wasn't doing sh!t but coke and partying. As the fight got close Conor realized he wasn't even close to being ready to fight and pulled out so he doesn't destroy what ever is left of his MMA marketability ..
More realistic explanation

Yes, of course it did. Wanna know why?

CONOR MCGREGOR IS ON STEROIDS

You are braver than I am TITS. Though, I think it could have been something....recreational instead or in addition too.

I can't stand conor, but facts are facts. Conor's star status isn't what it used to be. but even so, any version of conor will still do bigger #'s than anyone else. even if this fight were to generate half of the revenue of his previous fights, it would be a financial success. and that's the bottom line.

Considering that the fight supposedly broke the record for highest gate, it seems like the level of interest was probably there.

I can't see how this helps anything sales wise to have people distrust that the fights will actually happen.

Especially when it comes to travel plans.

UFC has basically said:

Attention to our wealthy and otherwise big spenders who travel to see our events:

You can not trust us to deliver the event we initially promise and any big exciting event could go to shit and we will be extremely dishonest about it and attempt to fuck you over by waiting to reveal the truth until it is too late for you to cancel your travel plans and be reimbursed.

Many years ago it was very easy to attend UFC events for free just buying double the tickets you wanted with Dana's early presale code and then easily reselling the extras for double face, but UFC has raised the face value of tickets so high it really prevents opportunity for resale.

Of course you are entitled to a refund of the tickets if the main event changes, but it does majorly screw over people that have booked flights and hotels well in advance of the event only to have the rug pulled on them. Especially in a case like this where it looks very likely they knew this fight wasn't happening for a very long time and didn't announce it, if it was ever even booked at all.

Many years ago it was very easy to attend UFC events for free just buying double the tickets you wanted with Dana's early presale code and then easily reselling the extras for double face, but UFC has raised the face value of tickets so high it really prevents opportunity for resale.

Of course you are entitled to a refund of the tickets if the main event changes, but it does majorly screw over people that have booked flights and hotels well in advance of the event only to have the rug pulled on them. Especially in a case like this where it looks very likely they knew this fight wasn't happening for a very long time and didn't announce it, if it was ever even booked at all.

Keeping that info from the public sounds like it could be grounds for a lawsuit.

I would expect some people who get fucked out of thousands to sue, and likely the UFC will pay out (settle) on condition of signing an NDA.

Trust me if Conor promoted it and actually showed up for press conferences the public and casuals would eat it up.

He probably just wasnt healthy and got wrecked in training camp

He got injured and can’t fight. It is what it is.

I was thinking about this. That doesn't jive with Chandler's tweet that neither of them pulled out or the UFC quietly pulling promotions, then quietly putting them back up, then cancelling the fight.

I'm not sure Occam's Razor can be applied here because there are so many things that need an explanation that every possible option is making assumptions.

Back