A slice of Papaya and Aloe Vera Gel.

Sinister

Doctor of Doom
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Since most of you who tried the Green Goodness I suggested liked it I thought I would also share this little piece of dietary information with you:

Recently I had developed a pretty bad case of Acid Reflux, to the point where I had to stop taking my supplements and ease up heavily on training because I constantly felt like I was going to regurgitate my food. It really sucked. Unfortunately Acid Reflux is a bodily mal-function and I didn't think there was a whole lot that could be done without having to take medicines like Nexum.

However, one of my store managers suggested I first try Aloe Vera Gel and a slice of fresh papaya with my meals, and let me tell you, I almost feel normal again already and I literally just started doing this yesterday. My esophagus felt like there was a lot of damage from the feeling of acidity and excess belching that goes on with Acid Reflux, but the Aloe Vera Gel provides a coating both of the throat and stomach. Now mind you, it tastes like liquid erasers (as in on the end of your pencil), but you can mix it with other beverages should you choose. And the enzymes in papaya are very powerful, so they do wonders to ease the digestion of foods where you don't necessarily need to take Diegestive Enzymes as a supplement.

Another tip is be careful of how much water you drink WITH your food because you could be neutralizing the production of good stomach acids, making it harder for your body to digest. And beware of constipation (which some people develope the more roughage they eat ironically enough), the pressure built up in the stomach can lead Acid Reflux, which let me tell you is NO fun at all. Keep your good fats where they should be, and balance out your fiber intake and you should be fine, and if you notice yourself getting indigestion and/or having problems with gas, try the Aloe Vera Gel and a slice of papaya with your meals.

Now this should be minimal right? If, per say, it happens. JW cause i thought i read something a while back about papaya blocking protein or something along those lines? Perhaps i've just gone insane, hell i dunno.

MMMMMH Green Goodness! Man that stuff makes me happy... thankfully no acid reflux though.

Another tip is be careful of how much water you drink WITH your food because you could be neutralizing the production of good stomach acids, making it harder for your body to digest. And beware of constipation (which some people develope the more roughage they eat ironically enough), the pressure built up in the stomach can lead Acid Reflux, which let me tell you is NO fun at all. Keep your good fats where they should be, and balance out your fiber intake and you should be fine, and if you notice yourself getting indigestion and/or having problems with gas, try the Aloe Vera Gel and a slice of papaya with your meals.

Interesting, never knew that... learn something new everyday, thanks!

King Kabuki said:
Since most of you who tried the Green Goodness I suggested liked it I thought I would also share this little piece of dietary information with you:

Recently I had developed a pretty bad case of Acid Reflux, to the point where I had to stop taking my supplements and ease up heavily on training because I constantly felt like I was going to regurgitate my food. It really sucked. Unfortunately Acid Reflux is a bodily mal-function and I didn't think there was a whole lot that could be done without having to take medicines like Nexum.

However, one of my store managers suggested I first try Aloe Vera Gel and a slice of fresh papaya with my meals, and let me tell you, I almost feel normal again already and I literally just started doing this yesterday. My esophagus felt like there was a lot of damage from the feeling of acidity and excess belching that goes on with Acid Reflux, but the Aloe Vera Gel provides a coating both of the throat and stomach. Now mind you, it tastes like liquid erasers (as in on the end of your pencil), but you can mix it with other beverages should you choose. And the enzymes in papaya are very powerful, so they do wonders to ease the digestion of foods where you don't necessarily need to take Diegestive Enzymes as a supplement.

i got acid reflux, GERD real bad too, and nexium helps. If you cant get a RX for it, get Prilosec OTC. its the exact same drug, in a lower dosage. it works!!!

i got acid reflux, GERD real bad too, and nexium helps. If you cant get a RX for it, get Prilosec OTC. its the exact same drug, in a lower dosage. it works!!!

The whole post I listed worked fine without having to resort to RX medicines.

Now this should be minimal right? If, per say, it happens. JW cause i thought i read something a while back about papaya blocking protein or something along those lines? Perhaps i've just gone insane, hell i dunno.

Yeah, just a slice.

OK, found what i was lookin for. There are two enzymes in papaya that break down protein. Papain and Chymonpapain break down protein to "fascilitate digestive action", and those enzymes are themselves a form of protein (?)..ok, typing as i read... phytonutrients... intestinal tract.... mucolytic.... AH ok i get it now.

Boy that really went in one ear and out the other the first time i read it..

lol I use it and have no problems absorbing protein, even though certain aminos (like BCAA's) will compete with protein for absorption, a small slice of Papaya won't inhibit absorption much.

Aloe Vera is a wonder plant. Put it on anything- a cut, a burn, a sunburn, a rash. We keep them all around my house. I think they watch over me when I sleep.

the smell is putrid though when you smear it on. =(

Dude try drinking the Gel. I never thought anything could taste so much like rubber, but it does. Fortunately you can mix it with any beverage, though if Acidity is your problem do not use citrus juice because it will only fight the effects of the Aloe.

Back