Crime A shooting in Jacksonville, Florida, has left multiple people and the shooter dead, officials say

LeonardoBjj

Professional Wrestler
@Brown
Reaction score
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (AP) — Multiple people were fatally shot Saturday inside a Jacksonville, Florida, Dollar General store, the city’s mayor has told a television station. A city council member says the shooter is dead.

Mayor Donna Deegan told WJXT “there are a number of fatalities” inside the store but didn’t give a precise number. Numerous police officers were in the area near Edward Waters University, a small historically Black university.

“This is unacceptable,” Deegan told the station. “One shooting is too much but these mass shootings are really hard to take.”

Jacksonville City Council member Ju’Coby Pittman told the station the shooter is dead. She did not give details.

“My heart is heavy. I am tired of all of the shootings,” she said.

Edward Waters University students were being kept in their dorms, the school said in a statement. No students or faculty are believed involved, the school said.

Further details were not immediately available. The city says it and the Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office will hold a press conference.

Penny Jones told the The Associated Press that she worked at the store until a few months ago. She lives a few blocks away in the predominantly Black neighborhood.

“I’m just waiting to hear about my co-workers that I used to work with,” Jones said. “I don’t know if it’s safe to move about the neighborhood.”

Jones added that she was “feeling awkward, scared.”

“I don’t want to leave my house. I’m thinking, do I want to go back to the store? Is this going to start happening more frequently? I don’t know what the cause of it is. I’m confused. It’s a lot of different feelings going on right now,” she said Saturday afternoon.

The shooting happened five years to the day when a gunman opened fire during a video game tournament in Jacksonville, killing two people before fatally shooting himself.

https://apnews.com/article/florida-store-shooting-fatalities-b65ecad5f81ac8aa35121507dd4f7dcc

On a more serious note "Failed nation"? Really?
Consider for a moment the size of the population and the millions of weapons, both legal and illegal.
Frankly, I'm surprised there aren't 20 or 30 of these A DAY given the hysteria and institutionalized dysfunction
created and fomented by the sick, ratings hungry media in the US.

Not to rationalize it at all of course, absolutely horrible, but the media both msm and social bear some responsibility in stoking and promoting
this ongoing paranoid, hateful, violent narrative that motivates fuckheads to assume shooting people is the only option to address whatever meltdown they're experiencing.

Last edited:
Three people were killed Saturday after a gunman opened fire and targeted Black people at a Dollar General store in Jacksonville, Florida, officials said.

“This shooting was racially motivated and he hated Black people,” Jacksonville Sheriff T.K. Waters said at a news conference.

Waters said the shooter, who he described as a White man in his 20s, shot and killed himself after the attack. The suspect left behind what the sheriff described as three manifestos outlining his “disgusting ideology of hate” and his motive in the attack.

All three victims were Black.

Waters said the shooter lived in Clay County, Florida, south of Jacksonville, with his parents, and told his father by text to “check his computer.” The father found documents described by Waters as manifestos and called authorities.

But Waters said by the time authorities were alerted about the manifestos, the gunman had already started the attack in the Dollar General.

The shooting started shortly after 1 p.m. ET, blocks away from Edward Waters University, a historically Black school where students living on campus were told to stay in their residence halls.

Jacksonville Mayor Donna Deegan said the gunman barricaded himself inside the store after the attack. It was not immediately clear if victims were shot inside or outside the store.

The sheriff said investigators believe the gunman acted alone and wore both a tactical vest and mask. He was armed with an AR-15 style rifle and a handgun.

Waters showed photos of the weapons, which showed swastikas were drawn on one of the guns with white paint.

“We have opened a federal civil rights investigation, and we will pursue this incident as a hate crime,” said Sherri Onks, special agent in charge of the FBI’s Jacksonville office.

230826183526-03-jacksonville-shooting-082623.jpg

Authorities respond to the scene of a shooting at a Dollar General store, Saturday, Aug. 26, 2023, in Jacksonville, Fla.
John Raoux/AP
Jacksonville is located in northeast Florida, about 35 miles south of the Georgia border.

The area near the Dollar General store features several churches and an apartment building across the street.

Florida State Sen. Tracie Davis, whose district includes Jacksonville, called the shooting a “tragic day” for the city in a post on X, the platform formerly known as Twitter.

“I’m offering prayers to the families of the victims and am on my way to meet with (Jacksonville Sheriff T.K. Waters) for answers,” Davis posted Saturday.

“This type of violence is unacceptable in our communities,” Davis added.

230826183527-04-jacksonville-shooting-082623.jpg

Residents gather for a prayer near the scene of a shooting at a Dollar General store, Saturday, Aug. 26, 2023, in Jacksonville, Fla.
John Raoux/AP
The shooting Saturday came exactly five years after a shooting at a gaming tournament at downtown Jacksonville venue that has since been demolished. Two people died in that shooting.

A weekend of gun violence
There have been at least 470 mass shootings in the United States so far in 2023, according to the Gun Violence Archive, which defines a mass shooting in which four or more people are injured and or killed, not including the shooter. The nation surpassed the 400 mark in July, – the earliest month such a high number has been recorded since 2013, the group said.

The gun violence in Jacksonville marked one of several reported shooting incidents in the US over two days, including in Massachusetts and Oklahoma. Shots rang out across several cities, bringing a startling halt to normal summertime activities like high school football games and weekend shopping.

In Boston, at least seven people were injured Saturday morning in a shooting that interrupted a popular parade, police said. A high school football game in Choctaw, Oklahoma, took a deadly turn Friday night after a possible argument led to three people being shot, authorities say. One of them – a 16-year-old boy – died. And Four people, including a 17-year-old, were killed at an apartment in Joppatowne, Maryland, Saturday morning, officials said.

-------------------------------------------------

I hope it's not going to turn into a mental health debate. We know the guy was not right in the head. He fucking killed 3 people because they didn't have the "right skin color".

A store should have employees - why were they not armed? Terrible failure by the store there

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (AP) — Multiple people were fatally shot Saturday inside a Jacksonville, Florida, Dollar General store, the city’s mayor has told a television station. A city council member says the shooter is dead.

Mayor Donna Deegan told WJXT “there are a number of fatalities” inside the store but didn’t give a precise number. Numerous police officers were in the area near Edward Waters University, a small historically Black university.

“This is unacceptable,” Deegan told the station. “One shooting is too much but these mass shootings are really hard to take.”

Jacksonville City Council member Ju’Coby Pittman told the station the shooter is dead. She did not give details.

“My heart is heavy. I am tired of all of the shootings,” she said.

Edward Waters University students were being kept in their dorms, the school said in a statement. No students or faculty are believed involved, the school said.

Further details were not immediately available. The city says it and the Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office will hold a press conference.

Penny Jones told the The Associated Press that she worked at the store until a few months ago. She lives a few blocks away in the predominantly Black neighborhood.

“I’m just waiting to hear about my co-workers that I used to work with,” Jones said. “I don’t know if it’s safe to move about the neighborhood.”

Jones added that she was “feeling awkward, scared.”

“I don’t want to leave my house. I’m thinking, do I want to go back to the store? Is this going to start happening more frequently? I don’t know what the cause of it is. I’m confused. It’s a lot of different feelings going on right now,” she said Saturday afternoon.

The shooting happened five years to the day when a gunman opened fire during a video game tournament in Jacksonville, killing two people before fatally shooting himself.

https://apnews.com/article/florida-store-shooting-fatalities-b65ecad5f81ac8aa35121507dd4f7dcc

A fucking dollar store?

Who the fuck is the target in a fucking dollar store?

Trust me: nobody's problems start in a fucking dollar store.

Scumbag.

A fucking dollar store?

Who the fuck is the target in a fucking dollar store?

Trust me: nobody's problems start in a fucking dollar store.

Scumbag.
These predators always look for soft targets. I'm sure the pos did his research. Some dollar stores are pretty big and have many clients.

Back