A serious Artem Lobov thread

all jokes aside i believe he's a top 20-15 guy that can still be competitive with a lot of the top 10 because of his toughness and awkward striking, he's actually a pretty decent counter puncher.

he's definitely not as bad as his record and everyone makes him seem.
who did he beat though to deserve that rank? tbh i think he's more like top 50

What level is this guy at currently? He keeps saying he will leave the UFC if he loses but never does. Who is a logical opponent for him at this point?

I think a BJ Penn fight if he loses to Hall makes all the sense since Hall beat Lobov and they don’t want to cut either of them.

And I hate to break it to some of you but those photos of him with 5 belts are FAKE. That never happened. At least not yet.
I used to dislike artem for many reasons. Namely lack of talent, short arms, etc.
Now after being exposed to more of his personality i find him strangely appealing and maybe a fan.

Him and Sijara Eubanks should fight to decide who's actually the GOAT

I'm gonna be serious for once and say he didn't do that bad against Swanson

Then he had worse performances against MJ and Filli, so yeah with another L he should be cut, it would be 4 in a row

I wish he went down swinging when Khabib slapped his face. Still a bitch move by Khabib to gang up on him with his boys, but I wish Artem had fucking eye poked him, kicked him in the nuts and went down swinging

Somewhere between better than CM Punk but worse than Sage Northcutt

He seems to have heart, but lacks physical attributes. He is a striker that has comically short arms.

He should have the record for worst win loss record while still being in the UFC. Therefore GOAT

He always displays an entertaining style and seemingly doesn't avoid challenging opponents. The UFC is not a sport but rather sports-entertainment. Keep Artem and cultivate and keep other entertaining fighters.

Artem would beat BJ Penn to an absolute pulp and make it look easy. BJ would literally leave the octagon on a stretcher.

At lightweight:

original

VcG6IEF.gif

At featherweight:
fu7cpUW.gif

Seriously though. The guys main thing "he can take a shot and he hits hard" ceased to exist when he dropped to fw. Yeah I get the logic. The reach disadvantage at LW is even worse... But if the cut to FW takes away his main weapon he is pretty helpless in there. Now he is just a "he can take a shot" guy.

Honestly a fan. Think the guys hilarious and has a true fighters heart... He lost the genetic lottery though.

At lightweight:

original

VcG6IEF.gif

At featherweight:
fu7cpUW.gif

Seriously though. The guys main thing "he can take a shot and he hits hard" ceased to exist when he dropped to fw. Yeah I get the logic. The reach disadvantage at LW is even worse... But if the cut to FW takes away his main weapon he is pretty helpless in there. Now he is just a "he can take a shot" guy.

Honestly a fan. Think the guys hilarious and has a true fighters heart... He lost the genetic lottery though.

Nice and flowy

When can Korean Superboy fight again? That would be a great high profile matchup.

What level is this guy at currently? He keeps saying he will leave the UFC if he loses but never does. Who is a logical opponent for him at this point?

I think a BJ Penn fight if he loses to Hall makes all the sense since Hall beat Lobov and they don’t want to cut either of them.

And I hate to break it to some of you but those photos of him with 5 belts are FAKE. That never happened. At least not yet.

He may not have the best record but Artem Lobov is a goat

Artem would beat BJ Penn to an absolute pulp and make it look easy. BJ would literally leave the octagon on a stretcher.
Huge BJ penn fan here

can confirm this is factual

The goat would brutalize him

I'll tell you what. I want to see that fight you mentioned with BJ Penn. Sincerely I think Penn is a JBG LEGEND but Artem beats modern day tippy toe BJ for sure a solid UD.

I'd prefer BJ fighting Gray Maynard. Two old Just Bleed legends vs eachother.

I'd love to see Artem vs Darren Elkins, but they're too far apart in the rankings.

Ross Pearson also isn't doing good these days, but he might be too big for Artem.

Back