A Matt Brown win will make him a contender, a loss will turn him into gatekeeper.

If Brown wins this fight by some devastating KO he should get the next title shot. I don't care if it's against Silva instead of Condit. If he doesn't get the shot the UFC is essentially admitting that their match making is on par with the WWE.

Even if he wins, Brown is a gatekeeper. Neither he nor Silva is touching gold in the UFC WW division.

Before gsp retired I would've believed you. Right now, I think brown could beat anyone. Could, is the key word tho.

Rustled. :wink:

You couldn't rustle my jimmies if they were resting on dry leaves in a windstorm.

Your basic 'I'm an asshole' who isn't really an asshole act is adorable.

Plus I like you.

Who do you got tonight btw

Before gsp retired I would've believed you. Right now, I think brown could beat anyone. Could, is the key word tho.

In 10 matches yeah he probably wins 1 with anybody. As it is though, nah he doesn't get through Hendrix, Lombard, MacDonald, Woodley, or Condit.

You couldn't rustle my jimmies if they were resting on dry leaves in a windstorm.

Your basic 'I'm an asshole' who isn't really an asshole act is adorable.

Plus I like you.

Who do you got tonight btw

LOL. I'm legit laughing.

I think Silva has the hand speed advantage and can get a slick sub on the ground, but he has a tendency to fight dumb, especially when he's pressured, so I think Brown roughs him up and gets a stoppage if Silva doesn't win early.

LOL. I'm legit laughing.

I think Silva has the hand speed advantage and can get a slick sub on the ground, but he has a tendency to fight dumb, especially when he's pressured, so I think Brown roughs him up and gets a stoppage if Silva doesn't win early.

For some reason I think Brown suffers from the injury layoff in this one and Silva takes advantage of it.

For some reason I think Brown suffers from the injury layoff in this one and Silva takes advantage of it.

Possibly. This is a coin flip fight, honestly. Silva may have learned from the DHK debacle and Brown can run hot and cold at times. I think it'll be entertaining either way. Both of these guys are very aggressive.

Possibly. This is a coin flip fight, honestly. Silva may have learned from the DHK debacle and Brown can run hot and cold at times. I think it'll be entertaining either way. Both of these guys are very aggressive.

Yeah it's a cliche but I really don't think this goes to a decision either way. Sparks will fly.

Everything Brown does, Silva does better. Silva by KO within 3 rounds you'll see. The bookies aren't stupid they know what's up.

You're right, Silva is better than Brown at getting over zealous and rushing into a KO and losing.

Yet, according to you there a dozens of them in each division. Brown is a contender. Well, with this win he will be. 7 wins in a row?

I think there are only a small number of gatekeepers in any division. I don't think Brown will get a titleshot though. Maybe he proves me wrong?

should be in title contention list if he wins this.

Back