A list of Olympians in MMA

12th. Great career:)
What the fuck is your point? Guy won a few US national titles, medaled at international tournamens and competed at a few world championships/olympics. That is a hell of a lot more than most wrestlers accomplish.

What the fuck is your point? Guy won a few US national titles, medaled at international tournamens and competed at a few world championships/olympics. That is a hell of a lot more than most wrestlers accomplish.

I used to be wrestler as well. My old friend (one of the bests, now neighbor) is greco-roman world champion, olympic gold medalist and european champion. I can't see too much from this quality on list.
Don't get me wrong, I respect every sportsmen and every results.

Last edited:
Guy from Foxcatcher was an Olympic Gold Metalist. UFC needs more of those. Recent ones too. Not 8 years removed.

Arjan Bhullar, wrestling, 2012, 13th, small promotion in Canada

Great list, but I would personally like to see as well what their record is and combined record is in MMA.

Todd Hays, Bobsleigh, 2002, Silver, Vale Tudo Japan

He's the guy who ducked Rickson.

Have added the records of the athletes according to Fight Finder, the number of athletes per sport and their combined record. Clearly, bobsleigh is the best basis for a MMA career.

Last edited:
pawel nastula
Muhammed Ali
Christophe Leninger
james warring and joe charles (I think, could be wrong)

pawel nastula
Muhammed Ali
Christophe Leninger
james warring and joe charles (I think, could be wrong)
Nastula is on the list, Ali vs Inoki wasn't a MMA fight by any standard and the others haven't been in the Olympics.

Back