A Kickboxing Promotion With These 3 Weight-Classes

J

Julius_Caesar

This is completely random and the chances of this ever happening is probably nonexistent but one can only dream how amazing a kickboxing promotion would be if they had these weight classes with these fighters. You never know who may see this thread so I just want to put this out there whether you agree with me or not.

I love MuayThai. It will always be my first love but over time I've also grown to love Kickboxing and the elite MuayThai in the stadiums has been dyeing over the years which saddens me because there is still so much talent. One day it might become lost and watered down within the MMA world.

60kg:
Panpayak Jitmuangnon - Jompichit Chuwattana - Seksan Or Kwanmuang - Sangmanee Sor Tienpo - Petpanomrung Kiatmoo9 - Thanonchai Thanakorngym - Gaonar PK Saenchaigym - Jamesak Sakburiram - Yetkin Ozkul - Dennis Puric - Dean James - Mathias Gallo Cassarino - Stephen Meleady - Ognjen Topic - Yodlekphet Or. Pitisak

65kg:
Kaew Fairtex - Jomthong Chuwattana - Mosab Amrani - Gabriel Varga - Serhiy Adamchuk - Littewada Sittikun - Andrei Kulebin - Kongsak Sitboonmee - Qiu Jianliang - Liam Harrison - Tetsuya Yamato - Kevin Ross - Shane Oblonsky - Minoru Kimura - Zhang ChunYu - Sangmanee Kaewsamrit

70kg:
Giorgio Petrosyan - Sittichai Sitsongpeenong - Yodsanklai Fairtex - Davit Kiria - Dzhabar Askerov - Marat Grigiorian - Enriko Gogkhia - Victor Nagbe - Robin Van Roosmalen - Dylan Salvador - Andy Ristie - Enriko Kehl - Ky Hollenbeck - Sanny Dahlbeck - Josh Jauncey - Jordan Watson - Superbon Banchamek - Chingiz Allazov - Aikpracha Meenayothin

I purposely picked Thai's that fight on the outside and don't clinch so much. Obviously there are more names but cant be asked to write them all down. Feel free to add any.

People may be worried about some fans not knowing some of the Thai fighters and finding it hard to pronounce names but over time I think people will pick it up after watching some of these fighters. First time I watched Buakaw in 2004 I was hooked!

Just off those names alone your bringing in Thai, Chinese, Japanese, European and American fans. Even throw in Buakaw to beat on a nobody a few times to bring in the huge Thai and international following he has. Yes the Thai's would probably dominate the lighter weight classes but it will be balanced out with the heavier weight classes being dominated by Europeans.

Over time that would be big if promoted well. The skill level and the competition would be crazy. Watching a Fimeu like Panpayak showing off his striking, movement and rhythm without having to defend a suffocating consistent clincher would be a thing of beauty to many people. The world would notice how talented these athletes are and that will impact the growth of Kickboxing. Some of these guys really deserve more coverage. I watch Boxing and MMA sometimes but neither are as entertaining as Kickboxing/MuayThai.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's pretty much K1 Japan right now, without the thais.

Pretty much what I was thinking. K-1 Japan even has many MT stylists, they are just ethnically Japanese.

Also not sure how Dennis Puric made the 60kg list but the Urabe bros didnt lol

Pretty much what I was thinking. K-1 Japan even has many MT stylists, they are just ethnically Japanese.

Also not sure how Dennis Puric made the 60kg list but the Urabe bros didnt lol
The list was off the top of my head. I couldn't think of everyone.

The "without the thais" bit makes a huge difference because lets be honest the thais are in another dimension when it comes to talent and skill.

one can only dream how amazing a kickboxing promotion would be if they had these weight classes with these fighters.

Dean James - Mathias Gallo Cassarino - Stephen Meleady

Kevin Ross - Shane Oblonsky

Ky Hollenbeck - Jordan Watson

Lol

internationally this would fail miserably. nobody cares about the mini men. the lowest weight classes dont draw the big crowd unless it's a real personality.

Handicapped manlet fighting championship roster, needs more clinch and elbows imo.

I'll stick to Muay Thai.

Back