• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

A.J. McKee will be a UFC Champion one day...

What is crazy about the kid is he is very good everywhere. Off his back, on the feet, he has good cardio and can finish you from anywhere.

Only thing to me is he has questionable TDD, either due to the fact he’s comfortable fighting off his back or it’s just not there.
I honestly think either Sanchez/Pitbull beats him at this point, but it won’t be without a fight and it will be a good learning experience for McKee at the highest level.

His sub was impressive over a good grappler no doubt, but let’s not forget he is a bantamweight and McKee is a pretty damn big FW.
That didn't mean fuck all in the fight. Caldwell was also a giant ass BW. Let's not pretend this was David v.s. Goliath.

He seems to have the potential to do it, still very young, lets hope he continues to dominate Bellator and crosses while he is still under 30.

I can’t even be mad at you because this is pretty standard rhetoric but it has been proven time and time again that fighters don’t have to be in the UFC to be elite. Caldwell is an elite fighter and Karakhanyan used to be a top shelf fighter. Campos has wins over Straus and Guillard. McKee has also beaten Pat Curran, one of the best featherweights of his era. He’s got a really good resumé for a fighter outside the UFC.

Campos' win over Straus was over the post accident version. Straus shouldn't even be fighting.

Curran was also way past prime when AJ beat him.

Caldwell is his best win, his 2nd best win is probably Macapa.

Campos' win over Straus was over the post accident version. Straus shouldn't even be fighting.

Curran was also way past prime when AJ beat him.

Caldwell is his best win, his 2nd best win is probably Macapa.
You are overcontextualizing. This is indicative of bias. McKee has a better resume than guys like Adesanya and McGregor did going into the UFC & they were too expected to be future champions. Give the kid credit.

You are overcontextualizing. This is indicative of bias. McKee has a better resume than guys like Adesanya and McGregor did going into the UFC & they were too expected to be future champions. Give the kid credit.

I'm not trying to discredit him, just pointing a couple of things out. He indeed has better wins than Izzy and McGregor pre-UFC (although Buchinger was a very good win for Conor and would be up there on AJ's list).

McKee will be an all time great if he stays the course. 25 years old and already 17-0. If he continues to put in the work, he has the potential to be up there.

I mean it's a good thread in the sense of I told you so's but you're not allowed to change your mind if Pitbull knocks him out in 10 seconds.. you'll be sentenced to forever commenting on every FW thread about McKee being so young and having so much potential

I’m not doing this as an “I told you so” and I literally asked True or False to see people’s true opinions. I mostly just listed his stats except my last line that said he has potential. But potential doesn’t equal wins; Hard work, dedication and the right mindset are what elevate you in this sport. He can have potential and still lose every fight from here on out. If he losses and people want to rub it in my face for the rest of history b/c I asked a question, then so be it, but it shows they aren’t true fight fans who can have real discussions.

lmao chandler didn't last over a minute against Pitbull

Personally, I don’t think that proves anything. This is fighting and both Chandler & Patrício ‘Pitbull’ are UFC caliber. How high of a UFC caliber is yet to be determined. That said, I don’t agree w/ your statement, to me it’d be like saying “lmao Cain barely lasted a minute against JDS”.

I’m not doing this as an “I told you so” and I literally asked True or False to see people’s true opinions. I mostly just listed his stats except my last line that said he has potential. But potential doesn’t equal wins; Hard work, dedication and the right mindset are what elevate you in this sport. He can have potential and still lose every fight from here on out. If he losses and people want to rub it in my face for the rest of history b/c I asked a question, then so be it, but it shows they aren’t true fight fans who can have real discussions.

Personally, I don’t think that proves anything. This is fighting and both Chandler & Patrício ‘Pitbull’ are UFC caliber. How high of a UFC caliber is yet to be determined. That said, I don’t agree w/ your statement, to me it’d be like saying “lmao Cain barely lasted a minute against JDS”.
You can't compare lighter weight divisions to heavyweights, that's a bad comparison, the KO power is so strong that anyone can be knocked out by a can.

Bringing this post back after A.J.'s huge win last night in the finals of Bellator's Featherweight Grand Prix where he beat Patrício 'Pitbull' Freire via fist round submission (guillotine choke) after rocking him with a head kick. What do you all think, have your opinions changed from before?

A41I7237.jpg

Ufc needs to stop being the end goal… how are we supposed to eradicate the world of those ppv greedy scum bags if you keep encouraging fighters that they have to go to the ufc?

if bellator betrays us all tho and they announce they are gonna take another crack at the pay per view model… then yeah AJ should try to get to the ufc then

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
romanych
Back