A Half Decade Ago, Anderson Silva Destroyed Vitor Belfort

This is when the world finally realized that Seagal is the real deal.

th

I wouldn't say destroy, He landed a nice shot and ended the fight early.

I was watching UFC 126 last week and remembering
That's when my passion for MMA begun, you people here on sherdog must have this just as a normal title fight from Anderson, but what you guys don't know is how big this fight was here, it was what catapulted MMA to a bigger audience in here.

One of the few MMA posters that I own.

ufc-126-print-2.jpg
Is it signed. I was wondering if that proof mark was to verify a sig or authenticity. If not, man getting that that signed would be great. That was an edge of my seat fight to be sure. And like so many times, Anderson left wondering how in the hell he did that.

I was watching UFC 126 last week and remembering
That's when my passion for MMA begun, you people here on sherdog must have this just as a normal title fight from Anderson, but what you guys don't know is how big this fight was here, it was what catapulted MMA to a bigger audience in here.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Vitor was the bigger star in Brazil? I could see how that would catapult Anderson to new heights for sure.

In before perrichet shows up to tell us all how bad Anderson Silva sucks.

That was an iconic Anderson moment. It was one of those times when a really good fighter was separated from an all-time great. Another example, though not as iconic, was when Frankie beat Mendes. The greatness will always shine through.

But but... Anderson wore the mask at the weigh-ins because he is scarrrreeeddddd.

One of several gifted shitle tots that Vitor blew.

Anyone who was a fan at the time knew that Vitor had no business being in that ring with Silva.

They just needed to feed the hungry lion.

I remember the weigh in. I was so confused and extremely excited

A rematch I really want to see!
Post leg break Silva vs TRTless Vitor is definitely an intriguing rematch. Would love too see these old dogs go at it again.

Don't think the rematch would look anything like the first-time, but I still pick Andy to win.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Vitor was the bigger star in Brazil? I could see how that would catapult Anderson to new heights for sure.
Yep, he was bigger than Andy for sure, Vitor was the only fighter that had any mainstream recognition. All those huge names (Wand, Nog, Shogun, Machida, Anderson) were known only by fighting fans in here. Anderson only got full-fledged fame and became the nº1 celebrity in here after the Okami fight.

My God. I was still a virgin and studying in University. Now I've graduated.

Back